Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpeters71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Battery indicator on ceiling fan remote
    I have installed a Canarm ceiling fan and also a remote receiver.
    I have tried 2 new batteries in the remote and tested them both to show they are working properly. The indicator light on the remote will not come on at all when any button is pushed. The remote will not control the fan/light at all. Dip switches match for both the receiver and the remote.
    Is this a problem with the wiring of the fan or just an indication the remote is not working at all? Any ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

My remote control for my ceiling fan stopped working. I replaced the battery [ 2 Answers ]

My remote control for my ceiling fan stopped working. I replaced the battery and its still not working.

Is there a 9V battery in a remote controlled ceiling fan body? [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Home Trends low mount ceiling fan from WalMart about 5 years ago. My father and I installed it. It is a model that has a remote control which turns on the light, dims the lights, and has 3 speeds for the fan. It worked great until last fall. At that time, I noticed that it was more...

Remote not talking to ceiling fan after battery went dead- Harbor Breeze model elevat [ 0 Answers ]

Getting power because it can be turned on or off from the breaker, just can't control with the remote. The remote doesn't have a light, merely buttons for speed and the light. ...

Still looking to buy online A23, 12v battery for ceiling fan/light remote control [ 1 Answers ]

Recently had wonderful remote controls by Harbor Breeze installed. Model # RCB-103L. However, require very small 12v battery, looks like a AAA battery but about half the length and high voltage.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Control INTERMITTENTLY works; battery fine [ 1 Answers ]

I've a Home Depot (HD) Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light & 9v remote control. It worked fine forever. The lights work fine. I really like(d) it. Recently :mad: the remote control started to wig out when I want to TURN either the light or the fan OFF. I'd press the Off button (either...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.