Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHRISTOPHEROBIN Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Sep 1, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Did Jesus have to go Hades because he sinned?
    Did Jesus have to go to Hades because he sinned?I was just wondering if Jesus knew he had to die for our sins, wouldn't that be considered taking his own life. He knew what was coming.Wouldnt that be a sin? This question has puzzled me for years.Im very interested to hear your views on this subject.Wouldnt it be the same as suicide?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
    No the ones who died before his death could not go directly to heaven so Jesus had to go to set them free from paradise.
    And no it would not be suicide any more than a soldier that knows he may be giving up his life by going into combat.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 1, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Jesus went and preached to the souls in Paradise, not Hades. Those in Paradise had believed in the promise that God would send a redeemer, of which all the sacrifices were types. They could not enter into the presence of God until the actual sacrifice had been completed.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTOPHEROBIN
    Did Jesus have to go Hades because he sinned?
    Many Christians accept the trinity. How could 1/3 of a "perfect being" have sinned ?

:>)

Sep 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
    For once, Cred, you are right. Jesus did not sin.
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    For once, Cred, you are right. Jesus did not sin.
    For once ? When you do not intend that, you can be very funny!

:D :rolleyes: :p :) ;) :D

De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTOPHEROBIN
    Did Jesus have to go to Hades because he sinned?
    Jesus did not sin.

I was just wondering if Jesus knew he had to die for our sins, wouldn't that be considered taking his own life. He knew what was coming.Wouldnt that be a sin? This question has puzzled me for years.Im very interested to hear your views on this subject.Wouldnt it be the same as suicide?
    Jesus is perfect man and true God. As perfect man, He fulfilled the Mosaic law perfectly. In essence, He was obedient unto death.

Philippians 2 8 He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.

Jesus practiced what He preached. He did not just obey God, but He obeyed men as well:
    Matthew 23 2 Saying: The scribes and the Pharisees have sitten on the chair of Moses. 3 All things therefore whatsoever they shall say to you, observe and do: but according to their works do ye not; for they say, and do not.

What did they say:
    John 11 50 Neither do you consider that it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51 And this he spoke not of himself: but being the high priest of that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for the nation.

Therefore, Jesus was willing to lay down His life for those He loved:
    John 15 13 Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria

Sep 4, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    For once ? When you do not intend that, you can be very funny ! ! !

:D :rolleyes: :p :) ;) :D

It was VERY intentional, thank you!
    -

Sep 4, 2008, 04:45 PM
    It was VERY intentional, thank you!
    In that case the conclusion unfortunately has to be in line with earlier observations : that you lack any sense of humor.

:D :rolleyes: :) :p ;) :D

Sep 5, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    In that case the conclusion unfortunately has to be in line with earlier observations : that you lack any sense of humor.

:D :rolleyes: :) :p ;) :D

Don't you know when someone is "funnin" you? Lighten up.
    -

Sep 5, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Don't you know when someone is "funnin" you? Lighten up.
    Yes I do. But you are not wellknown on these boards to ever be funny.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 05:47 PM
    to add to your question... if jesus didn't sin by allowing his life to be taken then did someone else sin for sending him here to be murdered?

hmmmmmm

Sep 6, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedInAK
    to add to your question... if jesus didn't sin by allowing his life to be taken then did someone else sin for sending him here to be murdered?

hmmmmmm
    Acts 2:23
    23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    (KJV)

The sacrifice of Jesus was predicted throughout the Old Testament. When mankind was delivered into slavery to sin by Adam, a ransom was required. A price had to be paid to set us free from sin. If you doubt that, then show me anyone who has never sinned (other than Jesus) Jesus paid the total price for all of us. It was the plan of God (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost). To fulfill all the prophecies, Jesus had to be crucified. Satan did everything in his power to prevent this happening. Everything from attempting to destroy all Israel, Herod tried to kill Him as a baby, Jews tried to stone Him, Satan sent a storm on the sea to drown Him, but He was destined to the cross and NOTHING could change that, it was the master plan of God.
    Be glad in it, because you are the intended beneficiary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Greek mythology god Hades [ 1 Answers ]

I am in fifth grade and have to a report and activity to the class about Hades. I need ideas about activities to do with the class for Hades. Thanks.

Why jesus [ 31 Answers ]

Why christain people pray to jesus when there is the creator of jesus?

Jesus, Your Name [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Michael Oaks, I am 74 years young and need desperately to find the artists name to a contemporary Christian song that I heard around 1985 from my home in Grants Pass, Oregon. The station originated from Redding California. I have long since lost the tape; however I would love to know...

Father forgive me for I have sinned [ 1 Answers ]

A priest was called away for an emergency. Not wanting to leave The confessional unattended, he called his rabbi friend from Across the street and asked him to cover for him. The rabbi told Him he wouldn't know what to say, but the priest told him to Come on over and he'd stay with him for...

Roomate/Shrew from Hades [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here's the deal: I let a certain girl, we'll call her "C", stay with me, RENT FREE, for three months in New Orleans. We both ended up moving to Seattle, and I happened to run into her just as my previous apt.s lease was ending. She needed someone to help her with the 900 dollar rent, I needed...

View more questions Search