Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mooaks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Jesus, Your Name
    My name is Michael Oaks, I am 74 years young and need desperately to find the artists name to a contemporary Christian song that I heard around 1985 from my home in Grants Pass, Oregon. The station originated from Redding California. I have long since lost the tape; however I would love to know the artist's name so that I might retrieve a copy. The song was sung by a male vocalist that was almost a double for David Gates, backed by beautiful modern phrasing on a guitar. The name of the song was Jesus Your Name. Not the one done by Morris Albert. The lyrics are as follows:
    Jesus, Your Name

Jesus, your name spells happiness
    Jesus, your name spells love
    It soothes my soul and comforts every part of me
    Cause peace like this comes only from above.

Jesus, your name whispers cling to me
    Jesus, your name is a song
    And every note I sing is full of praise to you
    To you and you alone, this world belongs

Bridge
    If I gained this world below and didn't know you
    I wouldn't know the road that leads to life
    But thanks to you this world is unimportant
    The only way is walking in your light.

Jesus, your name whispers peace be still
    Jesus, your name spells love
    It soothes my soul and comforts every part of me
    Cause peace like this comes only from above

Tag
    Cause peace like this comes only from above... Jesus

Please help me
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2009, 03:06 PM

If you pull up the song title, you might be given the name of the original artists. Give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jesus was homeless [ 8 Answers ]

I found this on the net, not mine, but I lost the guys name that wrote it. The thing is, has anyone ever had a similar experience they would care to write about? This is not up for another argument so please, those of you that love to be disagreeable please refrain from posting! No story, no post...

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

Jesus is Watching You [ 2 Answers ]

It was late at night when a robber had broken into a house. He was a professional and had done it all of his life. Opening his sack wide up, he reaches for the expensive and brand new DVD player that the owners of the house had just bought, "Jesus is watching you," said a grave voice. ...

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search