Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bschless Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2014, 06:07 AM
    Problems turning water back on in summer camp
    Recently had water turned back on at the main in our summer camp. Toilets refilled, hot water heater refilled... all worked as planned. Turned on faucet in kitchen(well... wife did) and air in the system literally broke the head off the sprayer. Now no water at all in kitchen. Kohler Revival 16109-4A unit (which has separate levers/valves for hot and cold).

Unthreaded spout filter and still no water.

Disconnected under the sink and there is water at both hot and cold inlet lines.

Attempted to back flush system from a hos. Threads on kitchen spout are not designed for a hose fitting. Tried gorilla tape and cannot get water to back flush (simply sprays all over kitchen!)

It's a very tight fitting under the sink, but if necessary I'm prepared to remove faucet unit. Not sure what to do once it's disconnected, though, and don't relish taking the faucet out of the tight space.

Is there the possibility that if I replace the sprayer head (and line) it will solve the problem?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 14, 2014, 07:02 AM
    Turn the water off to the faucet and open it up. Remove the cartridge. Check a clean the inlet ports on the cartridge. Place a pan over the opened out and turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. If the sprayer attachment is broken you may purchase a replacement at any big-box store. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom
    bschless Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2014, 11:58 AM
    Got hold of Kohler (1-800 4KOHLER) . They gave me a hand (over the phone) on how to get the spout off. The spout is held on sometimes with a set screw. Mine didn't have it. Ended up using a lock pliers to gingerly remove it (band wrench didn't move it). It must have had 100 turns on it to remove it, but after the first couple of turns it was easy. Removed the diverter cartridge. When I suck on the diverted air comes through it. When I blow into it it is plugged. Kohler says that is the problem and they are sending me a new one (gratis). Really difficult to remove the spout, through, especially without someone holding the bottom unit while you turn.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2014, 12:36 PM
    Instructions are easy to read and follow, but elbow grease and popping sweat is what gets the job done. Glad it worked out, now you are EXPERIENCED! :)

Good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water pressure in shower after turning water off and back on. [ 2 Answers ]

I had to replace a leaky shut off valve to my toilet and when I turned the water back on I have no pressure at the tub faucet. The faucet was open when I turned the water on and my daughter shut it off as soon as water started coming out. Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

1980's Suspense/Horror movie about a summer camp? [ 1 Answers ]

First of all I would like to say that this movie I'm describing is NOT "White Water Summer" with Sean Astin and Kevin Bacon in it. Ok I only technically remember 2 scenes in this movie. In one scene this guy wearing the sterotypical jean jacket and pants gets hauled off by a bunch of girls in the...

Hello! I am trying to find a title of a movie about summer camp! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I am trying to find a title of a movie about summer camp!I remember some charecters names: Frank, Endy-Pendy, Troy, Tiffany! Movie was made probably in 90th! Girls and guys(aqbout 12 years old) go to the camp , fall in love,find friends, oh and all guys are in love with a girl Tiffany, but...

Canine summer camp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm thinking of going to summer camp with Trink (you know, the kind that lets you bring the dog and try out various activities), but I'm not having much luck finding one in near southern California. I don't want another multi-day drive to get to it! Anyone ever go to one of these and have...

Any idea for a 2 week ESL summer camp curriculum for Junior High Schoolers in Korea? [ 0 Answers ]

I have to come up with a 2 week summer camp curriculum for a ESL class. Each day will consists of a 4 hr. period. I would appreciate if you could give me an idea of what I should teach for each day for 4 hr. during this 2 week schedule. This is all indoor class activities only.

View more questions Search