Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Replaced thermocouple furnace still won't stay lite
    Our furnace was pushing out cold air, my husband replaced the thermocouple and now the furnace will lite, then about 20 seconds later the light will go out and the whole furnace will stop working. It is a Coleman forced heat. Please give us some help
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:43 PM
    When the pilot lites, is it a strong flame that you can hear burn or is it a lazy yellow flame? When the main burners lite is the pilot flame going out or moving away from the thermocouple? Give us moore info and we will try to help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Roof jack (Flue pipe) could be partially blocked causing the flame to extinguish itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't stop blowing air - replaced the thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol U-29A that is probably about 8 years old. I don't when it started, but sometime over the summer it began acting up. The blower does not stop blowing air unless I turn off the furnace at the circuit breaker. The AC unit outside turns on and off through the thermostat, but the...

Furnace ignitor needs to be replaced and an additional valve? [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace started blowing out only cold air and the fan seems to run even if the thermostat is off, we tried replacing the thermostat and that was not the problem. It is a tech-4 gas furnace True blue 90. We were told it was the ignitor and that our model would also need to have an additional...

Bryant furnace won't lite [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Bryant furnace. It Keeps flashing code 13 on the circuit board. I read the code and it says that the switch will reset after 3 hours. It also refers me to # 33 which gives more possibilities as to what the problem may be. However it does say to reset the limit or flame roll out...

HEIL furnace will not stay lite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a older heil furnace (Model#867.769445) about 20 years old. When the pilot turns on after a few seconds the burners light, then after a second or two they shut off, on again, and off. They will do this continually until finally they stay on or the furnace stops trying to heat. I have also...

Gas Furnace Doesn't Lite [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Furnace Igniter glows but the valve won't turn the gas on. I have discovered that the relay switch on the top of the valve has a bad connection to the pins (2 each) on the two solenoids. I can loosen this and slide up and down several times and it will work for awhile. My problem is that...

View more questions Search