Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rheemblower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 07:22 PM
    rheem gas furnace blower will not shut off
    Rheem gas furnace blower will not shut off
    (Rheem Imperial 80 =)

After it is done heading, the blower continues.
    I have set the thermostat to auto.
    The batteries in the thermostat are fresh.
    I actually bought a new fan limit switch and install it. Still continues to blow.

I can shut the furnace off with the switch on the furnace. But that is not
    a good solution,

What part is broken on the furnace?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 08:06 PM
    There could be a add on relay in your system for a A/C unit and if so the contacts could be welded together. The new fan and limit control if wired and set properly should have taken care of that problem with the exception if it has a add on relay.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Just thinking out loud. If you replaced the fan limit switch. Some fan limit controls have a on and a auto switch on them do you think you may have it in the on position, if so it will run for ever.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
    If you turn off the furnace by the switch, then turn it back on after it cools... does the fan come on, or only after a heating cycle?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem Furnace Blower Stays On [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Criterion II (Model RGPH 07NAMGR) with the main furnace blower that runs continuously. The IFC board (62-24084-82) is giving me the three blink error (middle green light between a green and orange bulb) which I believe indicates an open limit switch. I have check the three limits...

Rheem electric furnace will not shut off [ 4 Answers ]

I have a thirty yr old rheem electric furnace. The only way to shut off heating cycle is to shut off breaker, appears a new heat cool tstat has been installed, I have two wires from furnace connected to "rh and w" on tstat.

Heat,Rheem Furnace blower not working [ 6 Answers ]

HELLO, JUST CAME HOME IN NJ TO FIND HEAT NOT WORKING. FURNACE IS A RHEEM CLASSIC 90, MODEL#rcba-3765gg21x1. Have power to unit, breaker is on, when I depress covers interlock switch, LEDs light briefly & I can hear what sounds like a burner starting. Blower does not come on. Verified Thermostat...

Rheem furnace blower motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace blower motor will not turn on. The troubleshooting guide says to replace blower motor but the diagnostics says the Limit Switch is Open any ideas

RHEEM RCB-125, blower shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I think I know the problem but before I risk life, limb, and property, I thought I should run it by someone else. My blower went out last winter and I had it replaced by a local company. I took me quite a while to realize that it now never shuts off. I thought it might be the thermostat, so I...

View more questions Search