Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sergiog Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Pay only 1st mortgage
    I have on my house 1st mortgage at amount 214K and HELOC at 222K. I don't have more power to pay two payments. If I stop my payment for HELOC and will pay only my 1st mortgage..
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 06:33 AM
    If you stop paying your HELOC then the lender will foreclose. The notice of foreclosure will be sent to your first mortgagee and they will declare your first mortgage to be in default. Then they will foreclose as well. The house will be sold at auction. The money from the sale will go first towards paying off the first mortgage. Any money left will go towards paying off the second mortgage. If there is anything left after that you will receive it. If there isn't enough to pay off the second mortgage then the lender will have a deficiency judgment against you.

I suggest that you either find a second job or put your house up for sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Behind on mortgage payments [ 4 Answers ]

What to do if I'm behind on my mortgage?

Can I get a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi both me and my partner are 18 and we have a two year old daughter. We have been renting a house for the last year at £500 pound a year. I am a full time student and by partner earns about 19,000 we were just wondering whether we would be able to get a mortgage for about 104,950 over a 35 year...

Do I really need to pay my tax from May 1st, 2006. [ 2 Answers ]

I came to USA with a H1B visa in May, 2005. Someone told me that person with H1B visa doesn’t pay the state and federal taxes at the first three years. But the director of Human Resources in my center told me that I will have to start paying federal and state taxes on May 1st. Can you help me and...

Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I am finding it hard to find a mortgage. I cannot prove I have an income :( I have been talking to a few mortgage lenders, they can do nothing for me. Can anyone help...

View more questions Search