Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mother of two Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Changing my daughters name
    I want to change my daughter's last name (which is my maiden last name) to my married last name her how do I say it sperm donor is not on her birth certificate. She is going on four years old and he has never paid child support even though ordered or had anything to do with her, he doesn't even know if she's alive. How would we go about this with out going through adoption, we can't afford that right now. My husband is the only father my daugheter knows and has ever known. My ex is in and out of jail all the time. So I don't even know where he is living. Please help!:(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 19, 2007, 10:26 AM
    You can use any name you want as long as there is no intent to defraud. However, if you want to change her birth certificate to your husband's name, he needs to formally adopt her.

For that you will need an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced w/ daughters over 13 now [ 6 Answers ]

I live in California and have to follow California law. I have been divorced for over 10 years now. My daughters were 2 and 4 at the time and will be turning 13 and 15 come this September and November. I have 50/50 custody with my daughters and fought long and hard to make sure I will be a part...

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Daughters addiction to OC [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out my daughter is addicted to oxycotin. At this point rehab is not an option. What should I do to help? Where should I start?

View more questions Search