Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brent53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Fair QDRO
    Divorced in 1997 and the QDRO was never qualified. Now 10 years later, my ex's attorney is trying to get this QDRO qualified. The original QDRO gave the alternate payee 1/2 of my pension benefits during our married years. Which is only fair. But since 1997, I have received significant promotions. And of course, my pension is based on my highest 60 months of salary.

My question, can the QDRO be revised to only look at the value of my pension at the time of my divorce and provide my ex 1/2 of that value?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Hello Brent:

I know that I'm supposed to know this crap, but... what's a QDRO? Mebby I could help if I knew, but proly not.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair And Flawless [ 60 Answers ]

Has Anyone Here Used Fair And Flawless? How Did It Work? Which One Did You Use? Do You Get Fast Results? Is It Worth The Money? Please Help Me Out!!

QDRO and penalties [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wants a divorce. He will need to QDRO part of his 401K to me to buy me out of our house. I will need that money to get my own place. Who has to pay the early withdrawal penalties; him or me? He says there is no penalty involved for either side. Is this true? Barbara

Science fair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a science fair coming up and I'm stuck on a question. I need a project that's fast, simple and will get me good grades. Please help Thanks

Fair market value [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a practice set in accounting, when I got to this transaction it stumped me... What do I debit and credit? How much for? Purchased Land and an office building for $145,000, of which $100,800 was attributable to the fair market value of the building. A $55,000 cash down payment was...

Help of fair pricing. [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing some Random work for some people what are fair prices for: 1 Painting a small deck 2 Laying seed and fertilizing 3 Planting shrubs 4 digging up shrubs 5 mowing a small yard 6 replacing sprinkler heads 7 laying straw 8 putting up fences

View more questions Search