Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisuzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Toilet Drain Pipe overflows when I flush or drain tub.why?
    When I flush the toilet or drain the tub in my upstairs bathroom, the water overflows from the toilet drain pipe. I snaked this drain after removing the toilet, but the water is still backed up to near the top of the drain pipe. It will slowly drain, but takes hours to clear the drain. Please help!!

Chris
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 10:15 AM

The partial clog Is past your where your snake reached or the house vent is clogged. A perfect snake job is all the way out to the septic tank or to the main sewer line at street. How much "snake" in distance did you do? The vent from Roof is the second thing to address

Signed 21 Boat

If I helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    chrisuzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
    I snaked approximately 25 feet from the toilet drain down... not sure if that is far enough, I know it didn't reach the city sewer in the street, but certainly should have gone beyone the foundation of the home... also, Water on the 1st floor doesn't back up when drained, only the second floor bathroom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water overflows from drain pipe for washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

When my washing machine drains, the water from the pipe overflows. What can I do besides calling a plumber? Thanks in advance. Grams!

HELP! After new washing machine installed, drain pipe overflows! [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought Maytag, top load washer. After the wash cycle, as the water is draining, the water will come back over the drain pipe and over flow onto the floor. HOWEVER, it doesn't do this every time. Sometimes it will drain after the wash and not overflow, but then after the rinse cycle, as the...

When we flush the toilet our drain in basement overflows [ 6 Answers ]

Help! This is our first house , we are broke and our drain on the basement floor is overflowing with sewage when we flush the toilet. My husband tried to snake the drain but could'nt find the hole . I poured that Rid-X stuff down in the toilet . What else can we do? Please helP[ ...

Washing machine drain pipe overflows -- cast iron? [ 1 Answers ]

Our washing machine drain overflows each time the machine drains -- I have snaked, used a pressure cuff with the garden hose, and tried Drano. The drain pipe is cast iron from the 1950s -- I'm wondering whether it has just corroded inside to the point that the internal diameter is partially...

Standing Drain pipe overflows from Wash. Machine [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem. I have a washing machine which empties into a standing drainpipe (PVC) this pipe then leads to a drain pump, which sits on floor next to washing machine. This pump then pumps water up into waste plumbing. The pump does work (I can hear it anyway), however when the washer hits...

View more questions Search