Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pssinatl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Washing machine drain pipe overflows -- cast iron?
    Our washing machine drain overflows each time the machine drains -- I have snaked, used a pressure cuff with the garden hose, and tried Drano. The drain pipe is cast iron from the 1950s -- I'm wondering whether it has just corroded inside to the point that the internal diameter is partially occluded. Anything else I should try before I open up the cast iron pipe and try to replace it with PVC?

Thanks!:confused:
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Is it a new maytag washing machine?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water overflows from drain pipe for washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

When my washing machine drains, the water from the pipe overflows. What can I do besides calling a plumber? Thanks in advance. Grams!

HELP! After new washing machine installed, drain pipe overflows! [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought Maytag, top load washer. After the wash cycle, as the water is draining, the water will come back over the drain pipe and over flow onto the floor. HOWEVER, it doesn't do this every time. Sometimes it will drain after the wash and not overflow, but then after the rinse cycle, as the...

Plumbing, washing machine drain overflows [ 1 Answers ]

When my washing machine drains, the water backs ups and overflows out of the pipe. I tried to flush out any blockage with a steady flow of water down the pipe and there was no back up or overflow. It only happens when my washing machine drains. What could be the problem?

Standing Drain pipe overflows from Wash. Machine [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem. I have a washing machine which empties into a standing drainpipe (PVC) this pipe then leads to a drain pump, which sits on floor next to washing machine. This pump then pumps water up into waste plumbing. The pump does work (I can hear it anyway), however when the washer hits...

Washing Machine Drain Overflows [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine drain overflows on occasion. I recently installed an in-wall box for the valves and drain. The drain is 2" dia and 31" in length, 42" above the floor. There is a trap also 2" and a run of 5" to the main line also 2" in dia. The vent is 1.5" and is clear. It does not always back...

View more questions Search