Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    91honda Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 08:33 PM
    1991 honda civic hatchback cx wiring problems
    My civic when I put on my high beam lights my temperature gauge goes full and so does my gas hand go full, I have two sensors gone the one that turns on my coolent engine fan and a speed sensor , what's wrong with my gauges ?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 01:59 PM

You are completing a ground to your instrument cluster when you turn on your high beams and your high beam indicator comes on. The ground is taking the wrong path of least resistance. The proper ground has been disconnected somewhere.
    Maybe behind the cluster. You'll have to think back to what wiring has been disturbed since this has happened.
    New gauges? Sound system? Looks like some serious electrical troubleshooting is in order. Are you up to it?
    What is the meaning of 2 sensors gone? Confused.
    And the speed sensor raises some red flags in my book because that would tie in with the cluster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the previous post about late 80-91 hondas. My car idles great and always starts on the first try. My problem is that it sputters or looses power once in a while when I am driving. It has never stalled while driving.I have taken it to the shop and they have checked everything they think...

1991 honda civic problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1991 honda civic that I think it has a electric problem Sometimes I start it and it won't even turn over and when I'm driving at night sometimes all my lights go off but I'm still driving the car when I put the headlights on my engine sounds like its running low I let it run for a...

Idle problems with a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback [ 3 Answers ]

I have been fighting this problem for the past year and a bit and to be honest I would like to just take the stupid thing out back and shoot it. It starts fine and will idle for awhile fine but once it hits a certain temp (or if I drive it cold and come to the first stoplight) it idles ridiculously...

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback battery light [ 1 Answers ]

My battery warning light came on... what does that mean? If there are multiple possibilities, how do I narrow it down?

Problems with my 1991 honda civic dx [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 1991 honda civic dx it overheats when I am sitting in traffic but not driving. I changed the fan sensor already and have noticed that the fan doesn't come on, What could be the problem is it possible that both fans went out at same time? Also getting error code 16 from ECU...

View more questions Search