Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffect Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Weight Lifting
    I have been working out for about 6 months. I am trying to gain muscle mass. So I have been eating 5-6 meals per day. I drink 2 protein shakes a day. I lift weights and can tell I am getting stronger but I can also tell I am gaining weight in my stomach. I am going to start "cutting" so I can define the muscles I have built up. What kind of diet should I follow in order to lose more weight in my stomach.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2009, 08:02 AM

Stick to a low-fat, high protein diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and water.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 12:46 PM

You need a calorie deficit. Go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and open a free account, and work out how much you are really eating. If you are gaining belly fat, it's a good bet you are eating more than you need, also probably too many refined carbs.

What sort of weight training are you doing? Concentrate on big compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press, pull-ups, stiffleg deadlifts, bent over rows, military press, stuff like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight lifting Support [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment complex on the top (3rd) floor. The apartment complex is 100 years old . I am looking at buying a piece of weight lifting equipment that weighs roughly 700 pounds. The base of it is is 42" X 55", however most of the weight is with in two feet. This is a cable cross unit with...

Weight lifting [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 59 year old male who has been lifting weights for 40 years. After having hiatal hernia surgery, should I continue to lift heavy weights?

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Weight lifting at young age [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 15 years old and am lifting quite heavy weights -i'm talking about 100kg-. Is there any chance that this can stunt my growth? I lift with correct form, however my growth does concern me. I have been lifting for about 20 months now,

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

View more questions Search