Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jailagain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Accident and got a dui?
    I got into an accident and I was drunk. I turned into a vehicle. No one was hurt, but I didn't have insurance and I blew a .17 at the accident. When I went to jail I blew a .23. I have a prior dui from 10 years ago. I haven't been arrained yet. How much trouble you think I'm looking at?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Every state ( if in the US) has their own laws, many states have required jail time for 2nd offense, others do not require till 3rd.

So you may find you have a one week up to one month jail time. ( you can ask to do it on weekends if you work or get work release for days. Or perhaps ankle monitor.

You will have most likely a couple thousand in fines. Your license will be suspended for a period, 6 months to one year for both the insurance and DUI issues.

It is serious and I would recommend the most costly attorney you can get.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Depends on the state and city where you got the 2nd DUI. Also depends on how good your attorney is. I think the most important part at this point is to get a good attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI and a car accident [ 1 Answers ]

I got pulled over and I got arrested for a DUI and unsafe turn, but before I got arrested, I had an accident which I believe it was minor and I wasn't at fault. I told the officer that I was just going back because I did not have a control on the car. So the officer wrote me a citation afterword...

Can a police officer give you a dui after three months from the accident [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Chicago Illinois and I had a accident due to drunk driving, but I did not get charged thankfully, but can they still charge me

My friend was just put in jail for Probation Violation, for DUI, under DUI suspension [ 1 Answers ]

This is his 3rd dui in 10 years, he registered a 1.1 Blood Alcohol Level and he just got out last year from a county 1-5 yr work release program - where he served 1 year - I am hearing that he will be doing 9 month to 4 year term. Note: he has multiple DUI's from his younger years - he is now...

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Dui [ 2 Answers ]

I live in California my record got expunged I was looking for a job as a driver do I deny that the dui never happen because they said that they want a clean dmv printout. Even though my record got expunged what can I do can anyone help

View more questions Search