Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shyralle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
    He's hot he's 23 he thinks the same about me but I'm 16
    OK well I'm 16 and I have a crush on my manager. I know he likes me too. Because we share so much like personal information with each other. He always finds a way to get my attention and says that if we are working together he will always get a smile out of me. I mean if he doesn't like me then I don't know what's going on then. Every time I walk away from him he always calls my name and says something weird like thanks for coming in and then calls my name again to say have a nice day. He asked me to request him as a friend on my page. He's always asking questions about my life and if I have a boyfriend and stuff. He walks past a lot when I'm working, just to give me a what's up! He likes to ask to shake my hand?? And he wanted me to give him a kiss on the cheek! I thought it was cute but I didn't. Because I'm really going through some mixed emotions about some one else on the job. And plus I worry cause I'm like the only female in my department period. And some of the other older guys in my dept. give me a lot of attention and that makes him a little mad. I seen it cause he called me to the back room saying that I'm not getting my work done right. And I thought he was crazy. And asked how so? He said never mind and jumped to another subject about my life! So I don't know. Maybe I'm just crushing on something not possible.
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I think the problem is that you're the only girl in the department and he's in a position of power. You need to be very careful with this. Sounds like he's in a position to take advantage of a very young woman. As much as you may think you are more mature then you're age, you're still 16 and he's an adult. There's no escaping that fact no matter how hard you try. Have you told anyone else about this? If not, I would suggest you tell your parents or a close relative who you can confide in.

Remember, although his interest in you may be genuine, he is still in a position of power over you and could be using that as a way to take advantage of you in any way shape or form. My advice to you is to be smart about this and to not get involved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Well of course soon that hand shake and kiss on the check will be clothes off in a back room most likely. IF you were 22 and he was 29, but it appears you are very inexperienced with males and often their lack of love and their desire for sex. And many males that age like to prey on young girls who they can "score" with.

I agree talk to your parents, and let him know that everything he does or say is told to your parents. It appears he is trying to use that management authority over you to take advantage of you.
    emogirl26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shyralle
    ok well i'm 16 and i have a crush on my manager. i know he likes me too. b/c we share so much like personal information with each other. he always finds a way to get my attention and says that if we are working together he will always get a smile out of me. i mean if he doesn't like me then i don't know whats going on then. every time i walk away from him he always calls my name and says something weird like thanks for coming in and then calls my name again to say have a nice day. he asked me to request him as a friend on my page. hes always asking questions about my life and if i have a boyfriend and stuff. he walks past a lot when I'm working, just to give me a whats up! he likes to ask to shake my hand??? and he wanted me to give him a kiss on the cheek! i thought it was cute but i didn't. b/c i'm really going through some mixed emotions about some one else on the job. and plus i worry cause I'm like the only female in my department period. and some of the other older guys in my dept. give me a lot of attention and that makes him a little mad. i seen it cause he called me to the back room saying that i'm not getting my work done right. and i thought he was crazy. and asked how so? he said never mind and jumped to another subject about my life! so i don't know. maybe I'm just crushing on something not possible.
    Hey if you lyke this guy you should kind of slip a question about going on a d8 in2 the convers. And c what happens
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 06:54 PM
    shyralle, be very careful around this man. Do not allow yourself to get cornered in a room alone with him. Please tell your parents or at least someone at work that can watch your back. It is completely unprofessional of him to do what he is doing. A person in a management position should never do what you have described.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:17 PM
    You don't seem very scared, but what comes next from a man like this IS scary. Be very careful.. It will never be OK for a 22 year old to try and "get" a 16 year old! Please be careful, this is a dangerous situation no matter how cool or cute it seems right now. Tell your mom, she will think you are the most clear headed teen ager out there. I sure am proud of you for having a job at 15. Nice.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I meant at 16, sorry I screwed up your age!1
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 9, 2007, 11:15 PM
    So are you saying you don't like him doing this stuff or you have a crush on him and like it? I am sorry I am confused. But anyway he is still too old for you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 02:23 AM
    I think that anyone who gets into a relationship at work is setting the stage for trouble to happen. Please don't do it. There are lots of fish in the sea. You will find someone outside of your workplace who is meant for you.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
    He is twenty-three and to add to that he is your boss.. you need to go to the person in charge of him and let him know what is happening. He is trying to pursue you, and that is not okay because you are only 16 years old. I agree with telling your parents, and I also think that you need to ask him to back off. Tell him if he won't you are going to get the authorities involved.
    rod79 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Sep 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shyralle
    ok well i'm 16 and i have a crush on my manager. i know he likes me too. b/c we share so much like personal information with each other. he always finds a way to get my attention and says that if we are working together he will always get a smile out of me. i mean if he doesn't like me then i don't know whats going on then. every time i walk away from him he always calls my name and says something weird like thanks for coming in and then calls my name again to say have a nice day. he asked me to request him as a friend on my page. hes always asking questions about my life and if i have a boyfriend and stuff. he walks past a lot when I'm working, just to give me a whats up! he likes to ask to shake my hand??? and he wanted me to give him a kiss on the cheek! i thought it was cute but i didn't. b/c i'm really going through some mixed emotions about some one else on the job. and plus i worry cause I'm like the only female in my department period. and some of the other older guys in my dept. give me a lot of attention and that makes him a little mad. i seen it cause he called me to the back room saying that i'm not getting my work done right. and i thought he was crazy. and asked how so? he said never mind and jumped to another subject about my life! so i don't know. maybe I'm just crushing on something not possible.
    Can you spell xes harassment? Report him to the feds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He's so confusing [ 8 Answers ]

There's this guy at my school today I played ping pong for pe because it was free play and this guy I sort of like came and actually talked for the first time in weeks he hasent said anything to me since he was suspended three weeks ago and he finally talked and we just joked around and I'm glad...

When he's ready? [ 2 Answers ]

:) How can you tell when you've been together long enough to ask the guy about marrying... and what are some signs he's ready with you... I think a guys opinion might be most insightfull...

He's gone again what do I do [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have been with my fiancé for almose 4 years well we were doing OK until about 2 weeks ago I was up in the hospital because I thaught I was having a miss carige. Well I had to stay there for 2 days and in that time I dident get one phone call or one visit from him.then I come to find...

He's been meant to me [ 3 Answers ]

I need all the advice I can get. This guy I'm going to call nick is driving me insane. I love him and he doesn't even like me. He knows how I feel and doesn't seem to care. I have tried to talk to him about it but he has seemed kind of distant lately. So I don't know what to do. He is also being a...

Does this mean he's not committed? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I (both 19) have been dating for a yr and a half. He plays hockey so if gone for the season. Hes drafted and is really concentrating on hockey. Meanwhile I'm really concentrating on my career. We've talked about making plans in the next yr (like sky diving and such), however,...

View more questions Search