Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chili_1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Kenmore 665 won't cycle
    First off, I have to jiggle and push the door to close just right to get it started, or else the touch panel won't respond at all. Now, it washes forEVER... It rinses, moves right on into the wash cycle (without draining), dumps the soap, and proceeds to wash until you stop it. It went for about three hours the other day, and man, were those dishes clean! We just stop it, use the cancel/drain, then run another cycle to rinse. Any suggestions?
    bevmartinphillips Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chili_1
    First off, I have to jiggle and push the door to close just right to get it started, or else the touch panel won't respond at all. Now, it washes forEVER... It rinses, moves right on into the wash cycle (without draining), dumps the soap, and proceeds to wash until you stop it. It went for about three hours the other day, and man, were those dishes clean! We just stop it, use the cancel/drain, then run another cycle to rinse. Any suggestions?
    I have the same problem, I just got this dishwasher but bought it new in the box from a friend! No warranty.

Did you ever figure out how to get it to go through the cycles? I would sure appreciate any help!!
    chili_1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Yes, I figured this out a couple of weeks ago. I removed the inside of the front door, and removed the contact switch from the latch. It had a bit of oxidation on it (I assume from the humid environment), so I cleaned it off and put it back in. The problem disappeared immediately, and hasn't returned. Just minutes before, the dishwasher wouldn't even start. I tried to start a wash, and all of the lights were flashing off and on, then wouldn't do anything.

:eek: Just remember, this switch has 110 on it, so you should disconnect power before cleaning it, as you should need to disconnect the wires to get at it.

Hope this cures yours as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reset my kenmore elite 665 dishwasher? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a kenmore elite 665.16933 dishwasher. I think I need to reset it - I can only use the normal cycle and the other cycles (pots and pans, etc) won't kick on when pressed Anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the control panel?

Kenmore ultra wash model 665 control lock [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore ultra Wash 665 SN# FH1513502 Model# 15955 my washer is in control lock and when I depress the start button the lED flashes three times, What is the problem and how do I correct it

Kenmore 665 Dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Model 665/15767000 dishwasher with the wash light flashing continuously. Unfortunately, we have misplaced the owner's manual and have no clue what to do. Can anyone enlighten us? Thanks!

Kenmore 665.1603 never stops just continues cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Kenmore 665.1603 dishwasher and when I try to run an empty test wash cycle it fills then the washing light comes on. It continues and stops. The sensing light comes on along with the washing light and then it starts washing again. This happens on any cycle that I have tried. ...

View more questions Search