Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InlovewithMarcus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 02:55 PM
    5 years...
    I've held on to someone for almost 5 years I can't let him go, I even sabatoge his new relationships(not on purpose) he visited me his girlfriend got mad and dumped him I talk to him almost everyday online but I can't tell him so I just don't say anything. I can't kepp going on like this. Should I tell him or should I let him go and if it's the latter how do I do it?? :confused:
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Can I ask a question, have you ever been in a relationship with him?

What is the history between you two?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
    Well, what exactly is it that you want to "tell him?" Evidently the two of you communicate daily and it's by mutual assent, to the point where his new girlfriends don't trust him, evidently believing that something's going on between the two of you, and end up breaking up with him. He allows this to continue so one has to wonder about his motive and where he's coming from in all of this. It doesn't sound like a healthy situation, that's for sure. It sounds like you're holding each other back from finding a true, successful relationship with someone with whom you're truly compatible. You've held on to literally nothing for 5 years. Frankly, I'd let it go at this point. Cut off any and all contact with him, as though he no longer exists. Move on with your life. As it is, you're only holding yourself back. If nothing's come of it in 5 years, it's highly unlikely that anything ever will come out of it.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
    If you are sabotaging chances he has with other women, then you are hurting not only them but HIM too, then you do not, do not at all care about this person. I say move on before you get your feelings hurt in the process, and turn your attentions somewhere else.

Nov 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Can I ask a question, have you ever been in a relationship with him?

What is the history between you two??

We dated 5 years ago for a very short 3 months but he always finds a way to make it back to me visiting me writing me sending songs!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
    You need to provide more information in complete sentences.

Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentra
    If you are sabotaging chances he has with other women, then you are hurting not only them but HIM too, then you do not, do not at all care about this person. I say move on before you get your feelings hurt in the process, and turn your attentions somewhere else.
    I know I can't I don't know how and it's not like I try he always seems to choose me over the others I can't help it:(

Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    You need to provide more information in complete sentences.
    HUH I don't write in complete sentances lol
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
    Sounds like you enable his behavior by making yourself available. Stop doing it, the more you do the more you will present yourself with this problem. You should consider yourself more than just a 'backup' gal (And it sounds VERY much like he is treating you this way), and the more you 'care' for him, the more you let him take advantage of the situation (unintentionally, I am guessing). Find a man who will want you as his first choice, or better yet, tell yourself you are worth more than what you are getting now.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
    It sounds more like an obsession without meaning to sound rude.. Is 3 months of being together a strong foundation for such huge feelings you have. I have just split up with my fiancé of 3 years and can justify the intense feelings I have for her but 3 months, I can't understand that.

I don't want to undermine what you are going through but you need to step back and look at the bigger picture, are you wasting your life away by doing this.. 5 years is a long time.

I would definitely have moved on from this.

But also, he lets his relationships get ruined by this, what's all that about??
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InlovewithMarcus
    we dated 5 years ago for a very short 3 months but he always finds a way to make it back to me visiting me writing me sending songs!

Keeping you as a 2nd option for sure... You are worth more than this, let him know that.. Cease all contact and move on from it.

Easier said than done, but you can get plenty of support in here!!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:45 PM
    HUH I don't write in complete sentances lol
    Well I guess what I meant was I didn't understand this...

I've held on to someone for almost 5 years I can't let him go, I even sabatoge his new relationships(not on purpose) he visited me his gf got mad and dumped him I talk to him almost everyday online but I can't tell him so I just don't say anything. I can't kepp going on like this. should I tell him or should I let him go and if it's the latter how do i do it?????
    I don't understand that first run on sentence.

You've held onto who for 5 years?
    1 a friend?
    To a boyfriend?
    3 friend with behefit?
    4 married man?

How can you not let him go if he's not yours? If he is yours why is he with other people? What is not on purpose? I need more information then the words "not on purpose."

You say his girlfriend got mad cause he visited you? Why? There has to be more to that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
    What kind of social life have you got if you've been allowing someone to monopolise your time for 5 years and have nothing but misery and drama to show for it? How can this be healthy, since he gets out has a life and dates? You need to cut him loose because you don't have love, or friendship here. Not healthy at ALL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After 5 years she wants to move out [ 26 Answers ]

All right, I just need some help. My girlfriend and I have bee together for 4 years and known each other for 5. I have made a lot of mistakes, but I also have stayed with her through a lot of difficult times. We have lived together for 2 years and have been through A LOT. She wanted to move...

Been ditched after 4 years [ 14 Answers ]

I was going around with this girl for last 4 yrs. Though there were ups n downs in the relationship we were gng well with each other. 5 months ago she told me she was seeing another guy for a month or so and broke up with me. She had also been going around with other guys(not sleeping) in last 2...

Been together for 7 years. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancée for 7 years and now I have recently found out that he had cheated on me with 3 different girls. We have 3 beautifull daughters and I currently don't work. When I found out the details two of the chicks were when I was living with my folks out of state for a while and...

So what that we are 30 years apart! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 60 and I'm 30. We have been together for 2 happy years. My family is OK with the 30 year age diffrence but it is the public that seems to have the problem. When people look at us right in the face rudley should I say something or just enjoy being with the man I love. It's hard......

View more questions Search