Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppylover111 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
    Dog in trouble!
    I have a gs dog that's spine is " deterating" that is what the vet says it is. I don't know if he is in pain. :( If so, what can I do? He is an adult dog. I just lost a dog that I loved so much to something like this and I do not want him to be in as much pain as she was.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 04:05 PM

You need to discuss options with your vet.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:09 PM

Like Sariss said, you need to discuss this with your vet. There's really no advice we can give you, we can only tell you how sorry we are and hope that the vet can find a solution or at least a way to keep your dog pain free.

Please let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:24 PM

That's an awful situation. But if he or is in pain, your vet will give you all the appropriate advice you need.

Sorry for your dog!
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:32 PM

Just wondering how your dogs made out?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/d...ml#post2289545
    puppylover111 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 08:33 PM

What if my vet is a complete moron?
    Dogs Expert

May 9, 2010, 08:34 PM

Than you should find one that you have confidence in.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 10:03 PM

I used to have to travel a fair distance to see my vet because I didn't trust any other ones that were closer to me.
    Vets are just like any other service, you need to shop around until you find one you are happy with.

I have one vet I use for my dogs, and another vet on the other side of town for rabbits. My dog vet is brilliant with canines but he knows little about rabbits, and he admits that. My other vet knows ALL animals but specializes in rabbits.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2010, 04:20 PM

I am closing this, I doubt if one person would have two dogs die ( or be ill) with this same illness, plus add to it allowing the mating of the other dogs ( not that I believe it) shows a very poor ability to own and protect their pets, My advice to end this, perhaps give your pets away till you are old enough and mature enough to properly care for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog thinks I'm playing when his in trouble? [ 3 Answers ]

my 1 & a half yr old male border collie x husky thinks I'm playing when I tell him off for doing something wrong, he bounces around & tries to play. Does anyone know how I can get him to see his bad behavior & no its not acceptable instead of tryign to play. (I do play with him a lot so its not...

My dog is having trouble urinating [ 7 Answers ]

When I took my 1 and 1/2 year old cocker out to pee yesterday, she refused to go. She did poo, but would not go pee. Later throughout the day, still nothing but some incontinence (tiny puddles when I would show her attention, and always on my bed!! ). Today, the same thing. This is not like her....

Dog Trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small dog who is about 9 years old and he urintaes in the house only at night, he has plenty of opportunity to go outside but for some reason every morning there it is. Help?

Dog trouble [ 2 Answers ]

My Golden retriever is 10 months old. She won't stop peeing in the house and chews when we leave. I am sure she has separation anxiety, but the potty thing is way out of control. I don't know what to do because we are considering getting rid of her. Help?

Older dog having trouble holding water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I have an 11 year old black dog. (mutt) about 30lbs if I had to guess. She's my old pal of many years, but here latley she seems to have some trouble holding her water. She races to go out about every other hour now. So the solution is simple right? Take her out ever other hour! Well, its...

View more questions Search