Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynette40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:09 PM
    My dog is having trouble urinating
    When I took my 1 and 1/2 year old cocker out to pee yesterday, she refused to go. She did poo, but would not go pee. Later throughout the day, still nothing but some incontinence (tiny puddles when I would show her attention, and always on my bed!! ). Today, the same thing. This is not like her. The urine is clear but kind of dark (the little bit that she has gone). Not light yellow like it should be if she was well hydrated. Is there anything natural that I can treat her with for a uti (which is what I expect).
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 12:10 PM

A UTI can become a serious problem and requires an antibiotic. A vet is the best way to go.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:12 PM

Has she been drinking enough water?

A vet trip sounds like a must in this case.

If she does have a UTI then your vet will give you medication in a proper dosage for her size.
    Best not to risk the infection getting worse :)
    lynette40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Her water pail gets refilled at least once a day, depending on the weather. She is a drinker, but haven't noticed lately how much she has been drinking. So, you don't recommend any natural remedies? I recently lost my job, and the minimum our vet is going to charge is $250. That's not including meds!
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:20 PM

I would be finding another vet.

Our vet cost is only $40 Australian which would equal about $25 US

Personally I wouldn't want to risk it, but someone here might know of a natural remedy for it...
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 12:25 PM

I too, would not risk using an herbal remedy. Check around for other vet's prices and discuss payment options for your situation (also you may check with your local Humane Society for aid), but immediate treatment for a UTI is crucial. If left untreated it can cause serious and even fatal kidney infections. Plus, if you've ever had one yourself, you know how irritating and painful they can be. Antibiotics are probably a must.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:27 PM

I couldn't give you an agree TristaNicholle but yes... very painful!
    I get them pretty regularly.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 12:43 PM

If anything, try to collect some urine in a clean container and see if they will run it.
    This could be VERY serious. If she is urinating in small amounts, with no real stream it could mean anything from a UTI, to bladder stones, to a mass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Urinating dog [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have recently moved in together with his 2 dogs - a male whippet and a labrador and my two children and my jack russel dog. The problem is his whippet dog. He has a heart murmour so cannot be castrated but it urinates all over the kitchen during the night. The dogs go out at...

Urinating Dog . [ 8 Answers ]

Hi have a maltese dog he is 3, who lives outside and is neutered.. Lately he has started to pee on my blankets I hang out (marking I think ) BUT why my blankets?? I know I can hang them higher but I just find it so disgusting that he is doing this and I'm so frustrated.. Over the last few weeks...

Urinating during sex [ 7 Answers ]

I know this sounds extremely wrong, but is it possible and or common to pee during sex?

Urinating pet [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 year old lab mix is urinating while sleeping. She does not wake up during urination. What could be the problem?

Dog Urinating [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 3-1/2 years old. He is a inside dog and has been house broken. All of a sudden he has been peeing in the house. He is let out 5 to 6 times a day and some times more. I don't understand why he is doing this. Nothing has changed here. Only him. I need help!!

View more questions Search