Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carel jermione Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Tourist visa to h2b
    My friend has a multiple tourist visa right now, she wants to apply for an h2b visa now. Will it affect his tourist visa. Thank you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 8, 2008, 10:52 PM
    For first time H-2B, it's best to apply at the US consulate in your friend's home country. She may apply while in US but be careful... If her change of status was denied, she would need to leave US immediately otherwise she will become illegal, and after 6 months of illegal status in the US she will be ineligible for any visa. H-2B visas are also subject to 214b considerations, just as tourist visas are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist Visa ITIN/Dependent [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am a resident alien living in US from the past 7 years. Filing Status: married & filing jointly with one kid. My Mother-in-law (from India) came to US on tourist visa (B2) in 2006 and lived with us for 7 months (210 days). She is not a US Citizen and as such does not have an SSN. She is...

Expired tourist visa [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I married and Brazil, she legally came to the USA on a tourist visa. We later married here in New York, but since then, her visa expired and now she is here illegally. What papers do I need so she can become a pernanment resident? Thank you

Tourist Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have come to New Jersey, US on a B1/B2 Visa from India. I wanted to see Niagara Water Falls from Canada side and return Back to US. Is there any arrangement like Tourist Visa Stamping On port of landing. I would be staying for one night and return back. Would be looking for your...

View more questions Search