Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blixner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 06:14 AM
    New toilet in old concrete slab - how deep do I dig?
    Hi, I'm moving a toilet about 3 feet in my basement bathroom. I've jackhammered a trench about a shovel-width, but I wonder how much material (dirt) I have to remove to get it ready for the plumber. Help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 15, 2009, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blixner View Post
    Hi, I'm moving a toilet about 3 feet in my basement bathroom. I've jackhammered a trench about a shovel-width, but I wonder how much material (dirt) I have to remove to get it ready for the plumber. Help!
    You must dig down and bare the soil pipe so the plumber can cut in a fitting to run to the new location. You will also have to trench over to the new location depending upon what fitting the plumbers's going to use. (Usually a eighth bend). Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relocation toilet on concrete slab and adding second toilet [ 11 Answers ]

I just bought a house and my wife wants to relocate the toilet next to the bathtub on her side of the master bath so that she can gain more closet space from the existing location of the toilet after changing out some walls. I understand that you can use a camera inspection to locate where the...

Looking for good Advise on replacing toilet flange on concrete slab to install toilet [ 26 Answers ]

To whom it may concern: I got a problem with a toilet that has been rocking and twisting for quite some time until it started leaking and what now I pull up the toilet to find out that the flange is broken on one side. I tried that flange plate from home depo but it won't work because the slab is...

Moving a toilet on a concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning a bathroom remodel with a limited budget. My house has a concrete slab foundation. I would like to either move the toilet entirely to a new location or rotate the toilet 90 degrees. Would this require extensive plumbing renovation? Lily

Installing a toilet in concrete slab [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is a great forum. I was wondering if you could offer me some advice? I am converting part of my garage into a bathroom. I will be busting up the concrete and running a new 3'' pipe for the toilet. My question is regarding the vent. How far away can I be really? There is an existing...

View more questions Search