Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmabarns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
    If a shop keeper has CCTV of someone shoplifting, can they put photos of this person
    I was in my local shop earlier and there are some posters of a male uying something at the counter in the window. I asked the lady working who it was she told me that he had been shoplifting and so the owner have put the pictures up. Is this legally OK to do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 08:57 AM

As far as I know... They own the store... the cameras are public knowledge. Nothing was filmed where there was a reasonible expectation of privacy. Like a bathroom or changing room.
    emmabarns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 09:11 AM

Thank you, that makes sense, I think at the time I was thinking that he has not been found guilty so how can they put photos up of him. Its just photos, no writing so I guess there is nothing wrong with that.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabarns View Post
    thank you, that makes sense, I think at the time I was thinking that he has not been found guilty so how can they put photos up of him. Its just photos, no writing so I guess there is nothing wrong with that.
    I agree... if they had printed "Shoplifter" on the picture.. and there was no confession or conviction... then I see a big problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a person by photos [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. this is ramana reddy. How to find a person with photos.

I want to put up a sub panel in a work shop. [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know what size feeder wire do I need to run to a new CH 125 amp sub panel located 165' max a way from the main panel. I will have a small 110 welder and some day a 220 welder, running small tools, air comp. lights in the shop and a stove for an out side kitchen.

CCTV shoplifting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have taken something from a shop where there is a sign saying cctv recorded . I want to return the item as the shop is inside where I work and am feeling guilty and frightened in case they recognise me. How can I retun the item

How to put a lean on a person [ 2 Answers ]

How can we put a lean on an x husband who owes money to the IRS. But the IRS is coming after me. To the tune of 20,000 dollars. He owns a construction company. Is there any way I can put a lean on him so that he has to pay 1/2 the money back. In our divorce decree it makes us responsible for...

View more questions Search