Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 05:20 PM

First-degree murder
    Definition
    : a murder that is committed with premeditation or during a serious felony (as kidnapping) or that otherwise (as because of extreme cruelty) requires the most serious punishment under the law

Found;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...hGtL3Q&cad=rja

The reason the prosecution went for a first degree murder charge are the searches which include: chloroform, inhalation, alcohol, death, self-defense, making weapons, and head injuries.

Also, the duct tape and the presence of chloroform in the trunk of the car, and found on the scene.

This shows premeditation.

They didn't over reach, not at all.
    Pets Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 05:37 PM

One other point that hasn't been mentioned yet. Early on, during a visit with her parents that was recorded at the jail house, there was a rumor that Caylee had drowned in the swimming pool. Cindy brought it up in the conversation, said that was the latest rumor going around, Casey's response" Surprise, surprise". In other words, she's not surprised that people are making up stories.

‪Casey Anthony Says She Is Victim in Jail Intervi‬‏ - YouTube

If Caylee had drowned, this would have been the opportunity to tell all, instead she denied it, stuck with the kidnapping story.

Make sense?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm still amazed that you've read all of this evidence and believe Casey ( a known liar) about the drowning.
    You didn't really read what I wrote, did you.
    Pets Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You didn't really read what I wrote, did you.
    Yes WG, I did.

Let's say Caylee drowned accidentally. For some reason, Casey, being the clueless person she is or maybe was drunk or had taken drugs, was too scared to report it, thinking no one would believe her and would think she had done something to cause the little girl's death. So she put the body in a garbage bag and then in the trunk of her car (sounds like something she would do, even if she hadn't killed the girl) and blocked it out of her mind, continued to party, telling her parents Casey was away from home. So, in that way Casey could have used the accidental death to her own advantage.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Yes WG, I did.
    I think WG is posing a possible scenario to show the case was short of "beyond a reasonable doubt". I think somewhere along the line WG agreed that she was guilty, but she (WG) thought a lesser charge was appropriate.

Even though lesser charges were proffered (manslaughter), WG either missed that or felt even that was not "lesser" enough.

We're getting to the point where it becomes difficult to remember everything that has been said in this thread.

But my conviction that pre-meditated murder happened has not, for a single moment, been shaken by a single thing I have read here or elsewhere.

Most revealing will be Casey Anthony's actions in the near future. Will she do super-highly-paid interviews? Will she garner oodles of money with a book? How about a movie? If the answer to any of these is YES - making money off the death of her child - even the unconvinced will begin to wonder.

Paramount now is her physical safety as she is released from jail. Some self-appointed avenger may be lurking out there. Even though I believe she is guilty, I pray that she finds a safe place away from the madding crowd.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Even though I believe she is guilty, I pray that she finds a safe place away from the madding crowd.
    Most of the world thinks she is guilty. In today's newspaper, there was a short article about a woman in Oklahoma who rammed the vehicle of another woman who apparently looks like Casey Anthony.

Fri, Jul. 15 2011 04:15 PM EDT
    Casey Anthony Lookalike Attacked by Oklahoma Stranger
    By Eryn Sun

More and more cases of strangers being persecuted for indirect relations to Casey Anthony are being reported, with an Oklahoma woman recently attacked for looking like the 25-year-old.

Sammay Blackwell, who works at a convenient store, was rear-ended by a woman who accused her of looking like Anthony, according to KOTV.

Blackwell told reporters that Shireen Nalley came into her convenient store last Friday and told her, “You look like Casey Anthony.”

“She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies, and she was going to stop it before it happened again.”

When Blackwell left work around 10:30 p.m. that night, she got into her car and saw Nalley again.

“I began to back out and looked, and I could tell she was staring directly at me; I could almost see the whites of her eyes. I proceeded to pull out of the parking lot, and she was right behind me.”

After driving a few miles, Nalley rammed her van into the back of Blackwell's truck, and struck her again, causing Blackwell's vehicle to flip two and a half times before landing on the driver's side.

“I just laid there playing dead,” she recalled.

Blackwell's mother Debbie Smith told KOTV that she would never forget her daughter's reaction. “I got to her, she was crying, she was shaking, she says, 'Mama, this lady thinks I'm Casey Anthony, she tried to kill me.'”

“[Nalley] could have taken me away from my family, my daughter,” Blackwell said, who also has a daughter coincidentally by the name of Caylee as well.

Police arrested Nalley on charges of assault and battery with a deadly weapon. KOTV reported that the woman told police she was “trying to save the children.”

Blackwell, as well as many others, worries about the aftermath of Anthony's release from jail.

“I don't look that much like her, so what about people who actually do look like her and live closer to Florida instead of Oklahoma? What's going to happen to those people?”

Anthony will be released from prison on Sunday, with the general public protesting her acquittal and early release. She was found not guilty on counts of murder, manslaughter, and child abuse.

However, she was charged with four counts of lying to law enforcement and sentenced to four years in jail, along with a $4000 fine. Anthony's release date was sooner than expected due to time already served and gain time based on her good behavior.

Her defense lawyer, Jose Baez, filed a notice of appeal for her four convictions at the Orange County Courthouse on Friday.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Most of the world thinks she is guilty. In today's newspaper, there was a short article about a woman in Oklahoma who rammed the vehicle of another woman who apparently looks like Casey Anthony.

Fri, Jul. 15 2011 04:15 PM EDT
    Casey Anthony Lookalike Attacked by Oklahoma Stranger
    By Eryn Sun

More and more cases of strangers being persecuted for indirect relations to Casey Anthony are being reported, with an Oklahoma woman recently attacked for looking like the 25-year-old.

Sammay Blackwell, who works at a convenient store, was rear-ended by a woman who accused her of looking like Anthony, according to KOTV.

Blackwell told reporters that Shireen Nalley came into her convenient store last Friday and told her, “You look like Casey Anthony.”

“She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies, and she was going to stop it before it happened again.”

When Blackwell left work around 10:30 p.m. that night, she got into her car and saw Nalley again.

“I began to back out and looked, and I could tell she was staring directly at me; I could almost see the whites of her eyes. I proceeded to pull out of the parking lot, and she was right behind me.”

After driving a few miles, Nalley rammed her van into the back of Blackwell’s truck, and struck her again, causing Blackwell’s vehicle to flip two and a half times before landing on the driver’s side.

“I just laid there playing dead,” she recalled.

Blackwell’s mother Debbie Smith told KOTV that she would never forget her daughter’s reaction. “I got to her, she was crying, she was shaking, she says, ‘Mama, this lady thinks I’m Casey Anthony, she tried to kill me.’”

“[Nalley] could have taken me away from my family, my daughter,” Blackwell said, who also has a daughter coincidentally by the name of Caylee as well.

Police arrested Nalley on charges of assault and battery with a deadly weapon. KOTV reported that the woman told police she was “trying to save the children.”

Blackwell, as well as many others, worries about the aftermath of Anthony’s release from jail.

“I don’t look that much like her, so what about people who actually do look like her and live closer to Florida instead of Oklahoma? What’s going to happen to those people?”

Anthony will be released from prison on Sunday, with the general public protesting her acquittal and early release. She was found not guilty on counts of murder, manslaughter, and child abuse.

However, she was charged with four counts of lying to law enforcement and sentenced to four years in jail, along with a $4000 fine. Anthony’s release date was sooner than expected due to time already served and gain time based on her good behavior.

Her defense lawyer, Jose Baez, filed a notice of appeal for her four convictions at the Orange County Courthouse on Friday.
    Amazing story and, I'm afraid, it won't be the last.
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 01:09 PM

Well, she's out. She was released shortly after midnight today. She's a free woman, walked right out the front door of the jail, got into an SUV, and now, God only knows where she is.

Her life will be hell, but a million dollar interview has already been offered to her, and money for pictures in the next few weeks.

Also, just a side note, she's appealing the 4 convictions for lying to police. Her attorney believes all the lies she told should have been lumped into one. So, more tax payer dollars going towards Casey. :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Amazing story and, I'm afraid, it won't be the last.
    Hi Athos, just an aside, and I am not being rude, but why don't you just delete some of the post you ar highlighting and just concentrate on a major sentence for your reply because we have already read through the original post. Sorry... admire your responses. This is just an IMO :D
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2011, 03:08 PM

Alty,

She was seen last week in a store close to OSU campus here in Ohio. I actually go to the area she was spotted all the time. If I see her, I will kick her butt and let you know how it felt. Ha ha ( actually couldn't kick anyone's hinney, I'm a wimp) BUT..
    It brought up a question on a local christian radio station. The DJ asked what would you do if she showed up at your Church. Interesting question I thought and as a Christian, it is easier to say what you should do and a lot harder to do it.

I guess I believe she isn't getting away with anything. It only looks like she did. I believe with all of my heart Caylee is in a better place. I guess it is the only way I know how to deal with the entire mess.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    She was seen last week in a store close to OSU campus here in Ohio.
    That wasn't her.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2011, 04:44 PM

WG,
    Really? Well I was on vacation last week. I just heard the report that it was her. Hadn't heard the latest. Well, I guess never mind then.

... note...

I just checked out the pictures on TMZ. It LOOKS like her and they aren't confirming it was or wasn't.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I just checked out the pictures on TMZ. It LOOKS like her and they aren't confirming it was or wasn't.
    The most hated woman in America isn't going to be waltzing around at some mall shopping and looking like herself. You have heard what happened to a few women who look like her, haven't you?

TMZ is a gossip web site that I wouldn't trust any farther than I could throw it.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:30 PM

I actually just watched TMZ and it showed video of the alleged Casey. She was wearing an Ohio state ball cap. But they said specifically it was her. Even as a gossip show, I would assume they would have to cover themselves legally. She was shopping at Old Navy by her self.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I actually just watched TMZ and it showed video of the alleged Casey. She was wearing an Ohio state ball cap. But they said specifically it was her. Even as a gossip show, I would assume they would have to cover them selves legally. She was shopping at Old Navy by her self.
    Who's going to sue them? Casey? And for what?

The Website notes that the woman is first seen wearing flip-flops on the corner of a street called Glenmar. “The suggestion is that Casey went for a stroll with her Starbucks,” however, Lalate.com found the nearest Starbucks from Glenmar is two miles away – not just a short stroll down the street, which could be a bit difficult to walk in flip-flops.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:58 PM

Here's some more gossip to bite into --

Some have speculated that if the photos are of Casey, she may be pregnant as she appears to have put on several pounds since she walked out of jail a free woman on July 17, 2011 after being acquitted by a Florida jury.

Or maybe she's put on a little weight from eating real food (instead of institutional food).
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:29 PM

Well I was actually thinking that the person who "was" Casey would sue, but I guess after thinking it out, I'm not sure for what. Just seems there would have to be some legal standing there. But I really wouldn't know either way.

Wow, I really, really hope this woman is not pregnant.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Wow, I really, really hope this woman is not pregnant.
    Like I said, gossip.
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:56 PM

Doesn't really matter if it was her or not.

Her lawyers are back in court. They're fighting the probation order for when she was charged with writing fake cheques. The judge at that trial specifically said, in court, that she was to serve probation after any jail time she was to endure. Well, somewhere along the way someone screwed up. She was sent a letter stating that her probation was served while she was in jail.

Well, that's not what the first judge intended, so now they're fighting in court.

If the probation order is held, she'll have to go back to Florida for her 1 year probation.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 08:08 PM

She could probably have probation transferred to where she is now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Toddler [ 6 Answers ]

My 2 year old has been having problem breathing during sleep, sometimes he will stop breathing for like 6 seconds an then take a big gasp for air or cry. His pediatrician thought it wasn't a problem. Today I noticed he is foaming to the mouth while sleeping. I feel he is getting worst. Do you...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search