Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Great Idea Nk!!
    GloriaLee Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jan 5, 2007, 02:42 PM
    kkac--I wonder if you could post a photo here? I think getting them up on a website would be doing a service, both for possible future clients of twu, and for those who were let down by twu. I still can't find any of those sites in support of the company.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 23, 2007, 04:16 PM
    So everyone what's the latest with your actions and contact ?
    tampa lawyer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:42 PM

Bank of America building on the 14th floor. 101 E. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 1465 Tampa, FL.
    I can assure you that the address you list is for company called "Reserve Advisors". I just viewed Suite 1465 in the Bank of America Plaza not 10 minutes ago

Jan 31, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Interesting, Tampa Lawyer, what is Reserve Advisors business? And what brought you to this thread?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I called BofA Plaza Management. A man said a new company moved into suite 1465 just a few days ago, and in fact their Welcome Party is today.

They gave me 813-777-7147 as the contact number on file for Two Worlds United, but the guy could not confirm whether they were still in the building or not. The man said they were in the middle of an emergency and he had to go.

I called 777-7147 and got a recording saying I was going to be transferred to voicemail, but then it said "I'm sorry, the entry cannot be processed" and would not take a message.

There is a new address on TWU's contact page: Study Abroad - TWO WORLDS UNITED Study Abroad Programs

Feb 1, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I googled Reserve Advisors, they are commercial property consultants and not likely to have just wandered into the BofA building without some advanaced planning. I wonder if TWU was evicted? Did the recording identify TWU RickJ?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaLee
    Did the recording identify TWU RickJ?
    No. Twas a generic "computer voice" one.

Mar 8, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I am guessing, dgriff, that TWU has not been forthcoming with a refund for the balance of the program. What a shame for your daughter. I went to college in London for a bit, and I can't imagine what kind of horrible experience she must have had to beg to come home early from there. I just don't get how they keep getting away with this.

Mar 8, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Who were you working with/talking to at Two Worlds?

Mar 8, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Thanks, I was just curious whether you had to deal with the infamous Carlos we have heard so much about on this thread. What a saga. Will you and the other family be looking for refunds? No one seems to have made headway in that area (ref. back entries here) but it is outrageous that they profit from causing such apparent misery.

Mar 9, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Evidently the law firm of Holland + Knight is not concerned with your right to freedom of speech. Disclaimer noted, and Mr. Hamilton's ethics too. (In my opinion. You can believe what you choose).
    Best to your daughter.

Apr 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Once again I end up looking like I am talking to myself when a fellow threader disappears along with all of their entries. So, mods, do you have any idea how many folks have posted their terrible experiences on this thread only to be muscled off (presumably by TWU), and just what sort of threat do they levy against their apparent victims to make them go away?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Unfortunately our "Friends" seem to like litigation a little too much.
    Really makes me wonder what they are trying to hide.

BTW for the TWU watchers, I'm in the UK.
    If you would like my address PM me and I'll gladly send it to you.
    LiLcUpPyCaKe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Hello friends and everyone who reads this. I know that everyone who has posted here has had a long battle with this company from what it sounds like and I know that this company cruises here regularly and sometimes threaten people with lawsuits to take off their negative posts towards the company. I am not posting negative things about this company or nor do I have a connection with this company. I will not vouch for anyone either. I will completely remain unbias towards all. I also wish to say that I wish everyone luck with the battle. It's a long and hard battle ahead. Never stop fighting and never give up. I have chosen to try to delete this account and not post here any longer as to avoid any problems. Good Luck to all!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Are you serious Ben? They're just as bad as a bunch of riled up scientologists. That just screams out loud that they are trying to hide their deceptive, scamming ways.

BTW I'm in Canada, ISPs here don't cough up session info like they do in the U.S. and I'm not a mod here. I'm not scared of them.
    valsurf77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 05:46 PM
    I was a tenth grader going to study abroad in ireland when we first started with twu. Although we did not go entirely through with the program they managed to get 800 dollars out of my family. My dad refused to send more because he caught on that it was a scam. The program refused to tell me the address of the school they had placed me in for us to verify if it was real or not. They told us they would release that AFTER we paid in full. Nobody was ever there to answer the phone or reply to emails and we could not find an actual office location, only a p.o. box.

May 13, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valsurf77
    i was a tenth grader going to study abroad in ireland when we first started with twu. although we did not go entirely through with the program they managed to get 800 dollars out of my family. my dad refused to send more because he caught on that it was a scam. the program refused to tell me the adress of the school they had placed me in for us to verify if it was real or not. they told us they would release that AFTER we payed in full. nobody was ever there to answer the phone or reply to emails and we could not find an actual office location, only a p.o. box.
    How long ago was that, valsurf?
    tampa lawyer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valsurf77
    i was a tenth grader going to study abroad in ireland when we first started with twu. although we did not go entirely through with the program they managed to get 800 dollars out of my family. my dad refused to send more because he caught on that it was a scam. the program refused to tell me the adress of the school they had placed me in for us to verify if it was real or not. they told us they would release that AFTER we payed in full. nobody was ever there to answer the phone or reply to emails and we could not find an actual office location, only a p.o. box.
    Read this thread

Aug 6, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paddypoochiepie
    My daughter had major problems with TWU in England and I would appreciate any help / advise on how to file a lawsuit against this company. I am a retired airline employee and I will fly anywhere in the world to retrieve your son or daughter is they are left stranded by this company. Just contact me with the details.
    There was another person who posted here who had trouble in England, but they disappeared. Had you seen that before? Why did you choose TWU?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seprate worlds! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I recintly switch schools... and well sorry for my lack of modisty but I am a good looking guy and I had a lot of friends at my old school. Now at my new school I have a few friends who are not really like popular but I still care for them a lot . I wouldint ditch them or anything. This is...

War of the Worlds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could find a timeline of all of the events in the book The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How to respond... [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: So, I posted a couple weeks ago, if that, about a relationship I was just getting out of. I was having a really hard time with deciding whether to give him another chance and decided that it would be a good idea to stay moved out and go from there. He has still been pursuing me (ie...

View more questions Search