Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Big differences between Chrsitianity and Islam
    You both emphasise following tradition as sheep, and forget that a personal relationship with the Creator comes before the books and scriptures of ancient man. There is no difference. Humans make one for their own purposes.
    My point was that Islam, and Christianity, are but different limbs of the same tree, and both, along with Judaism, came from the same religious belief and the differences are MAN-MADE!!. They all can trace there roots to Abraham and the old testament. Sorry you missed the point.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

Jun 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    My point was that Islam, and Christianity, are but different limbs of the same tree, and both, along with Judaism, came from the same religious belief and the differences are MAN-MADE!!. They all can trace there roots to Abraham and the old testament. Sorry you missed the point.
    If you were trying to make historical reference as to the origin of these religions, why did you make a comment referring the ways that people practice it. MY point was that you cannot possibly know how each person values their personal relationship with their Creater. It is wrong to say that "there is no difference." In saying this you probably only revealed your own personal feelings towards organized religion, and you feel that people spend more time focusing on the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the law.
    This is normal, however, for a person to lump groups together of which they don't belong. Many Americans think that all Arabs are the same, but it would be safe to say that most Arabs would take offense to this comment. People lump together groups because they either don't know the differences, don't understand the differences, don't care to see the differences.
    I am merely saying that just because 2 people look alike, came from the same family, and have similar characteristics, this doesn't mean that they are completely the same. Everyone and everything is unique and this should be recognized. I do, however, acknowledge that there are similar characteristics between Christianity and Islam. Quite different though.
    -peace
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Very good post Starman, and I think it can apply to humanity today, as we know the world is covered with humans who have evolved with many interpretations of their limited universes, to explain life as they see it. This changes as there is more interactions with those of opposing views, and the free exchange of methods or ideas take place. As humans all the tribes of the earth are caught in the conflict of promoting their own particular view point, as history tells us many wars, and much blood has been spilled, in the pursuit of extending influence, and gaining power, thru Control of resources under the guise of religious belief, and divine power assumed by those to control the masses. All the religions of the Earth have used God as their battle cry to exterminate or dominate other humans, in this push for power and control. I imagine the same thing plays out on other populated planets in the same way, and someday we on Earth will stop the killing, to rise above the restraints of our own boundaries, and meet new life among the stars that have hopefully gone thru the same changes and have bridged the distance you have mentioned. But first we must bridge the differences here on earth.

Yes, I agree that cultural differences are a great of disruption between humans.
    But these cultural differences between humans might pale in contrast to the perceptual incompatibilities we might encounter out there on other planets if God allowed us to.

To illustrate, let's consider a scenario where two hundred aliens were visually exposed to a triangular glass prism. One might say that it sees a green undulating gelatinous mass. Another might perceive the prism as a black hole. Still another might not see anything at all. Ad infinitum, Which of these millions of perceptions represents ultimate reality? Each alien might honestly believe its perception to be the correct one. And even if each alien knew the cause for the perceptual differences was neural hardwiring, still the question of what really is the object, if any, which seemingly stimulates the response in each alien's case would enigmatically remain and the answer would forever hover just beyond each alien's perceptual reach.

Imagine inviting three ambassadors to board your streamlined state-of-the art ship?
    The non-human reactions might be as follows: One might say he doesn't see any ship. The other might be blinded by its brilliance even though it's painted a dull black. Yet another might back away fearfully thinking that to board the black hole you call a ship is to commit suicide. Who would be perceiving the ship correctly we or they?

We might board the ship in what we consider a few minutes. An alien might
    See us moving in slow motion and taking days to traverse the distance and become frustrated. The ship's interior might smell of leather, new paint, and plastics to us, but to them it might wreak of putrefying flesh. In fact, we might smell the same way forcing them to don gas masks wnenever we come near. They in turn might smell like roses to us but another species hurl their breakfast in reaction to their perceived stench.

So In my opinion life on other planets might very often be far stranger to us than we can presently imagine and so incompatible with our perceptual abilities as to make communication very difficult if not almost impossible.
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
    I have to agree there may be a lot of problems to be solved, many may be difficult, especially since we humans have problems on Earth. But they still keep trying as seen by the shuttle launch a few days ago, on amission to upgrade the International space station. They had to stay a couple of days to make repairs to the shuttle insulation. Problems to be solved all the time. Did you know the upgrades are in preparation for a Mars venture??
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 12, 2007, 09:04 PM
    I have to agree there may be a lot of problems to be solved, many may be difficult, especially since we humans have problems on Earth. But they still keep trying as seen by the shuttle launch a few days ago, on amission to upgrade the International space station. They had to stay a couple of days to make repairs to the shuttle insulation. Problems to be solved all the time. Did you know the upgrades are in preparation for a Mars venture???

Yes, I know that they are gradually preparing to take that major leap to Mars. But before they do they are aiming for a moon base. Actually, when I was a kid I took it for granted that a moon base would have been established long before the year 2000. Especially after I viewed the film "2001 A Space Oddysee" where flights to the moon were portrayed as routine events. But here we are still in earth orbit. Not to say that caution should be thrown to the wind. Human life can easily be lost in this venture as has happened two times now on our shuttles. But I think that once mankind turns lunar flights into a routine event it will have gained the confidence and experience needed to reach for the Red planet and, and if God permits, beyond.

Of course the only life they are expecting to find on Mars is microbial. But who knows what variety of life the creator might have decided to place there? In fact, some claim to have found it already.
    Evidence of Ancient Martian Life in Meteorite ALH84001?
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 09:56 PM
    I remember the moon base in, Space:1999, we may be a little behind schedule.
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Elohim has many definitions,
    Elohim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    lark_avenue Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    What the Bible account describes below is the attempt by Satan and other rebel angels to genetically contaminate mankind via interbreeding. In that way they felt that the chance for the Christ to be born would be made more difficult. The giants mentioned were the halfbreeds. Half angel half human offspring of this unnatural union.

Genesis 6: 1-8 Original KJV:
    1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

If these passages are "REALLY" in the bible, then GOD is not perfect. He is human or at least also capable of sin. Because if GOD is perfect, he would not have to repent from his mistakes. He basically made man and admitted that it was a mistake, then wanted to kill us all because he wanted to repent, but found favor in Noah. So he killed everyone else on the face of the earth except for Noah's family. Still a mass murderer in my book. The simple fact that GOD needed to repent tell's me that our GOD answers to a higher being. Just as the Angels answers to GOD, GOD answers to the Universe!

For all Christians out there, you need to study the Sumerians and the Annunaki go to this link to learn more, it is a series... The Sumerians & The Annunaki Part 1 - Video

Brief History of the Sumerians... they are the 1st race to have a recorded history... 1st language... 1st civilization... they have thousands of recorded history on clay tablets written in Sumer only a handful of intellectuals can decipher. Their art depicted on stone walls shows the COMPLETE SOLAR SYSTEM with the sun as the center of the solar system and each planet in its rightful place... even the size of each planet was correct on the as depicted on the Stone walls. We as modern men did not realize the Sun as the center of the solar system until the 1500 century, until then we all thought that the Earth was flat and that the planets, moons and sun revolved around the Earth. The Sumerians also knew and depicted on the Stone walls a tiny planet at the edge of our Solar System that they called KI which we call Pluto... we as modern men did not know of such a planet until just 30 years ago.

So how did these ancient Sumerians know so much about the Stars and our Solar System? Where did they develop their written language, their government, their technology to build such a great city of stone when in fact the Sumerians themselves were just one step out of the stone ages 6000 years ago? From GODS!! Yes GODS being plural. In their recorded stone tablets they have the history of how the GODS ascended from the stars who taught them to read and write, law and government, mason and architecture. These GODS, beings from the stars provided them with intelligence about the Solar System, gave them history of another Planet called Nibiru... the Planet of the GODS where the GODS are from. The evidence is abundant but why has every society on the face of Earth trying to keep this hush hush?

GODS? No... they are just other beings who so happen to be HUMAN!! With great technology and knowledge from another planet. What we call GOD, Jesus, Allah, Buddha... are just ETs from another planet called Nibiru... who the Sumerians say returns to Earth every 3600 years! So when is Jesus due back on Earth? Well just take a look at the history of the Sumerians... the GODS last left Earth around 1000 BC... 1000 + 2009 = 3009... give or take a few hundred years. Jesus is set to return very soon! But is Jesus GOD? Is his father GOD? Or are they just Humans from another planet that so happens to age very slowly or live very long due to a better atmosphere or environment on the planet Nibiru. And do they answer to a higher being? YES I BELIEVE SO! They answer to the UNIVERSE... which goes back to my initial point is that the in the BIBLE it states that "GOD" needed to repent for his mistakes. And he repents in order to keep favor with the UNIVERSE which we all must do.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planet X? [ 3 Answers ]

I've come across a site, www.zetatalk.com, which talks about the passage of a planet known as the 12th planet, and is referred to as "Planet X" in other places. What's the deal about it?

Could the Devil be from another planet? [ 48 Answers ]

This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyway I thought it was...

Planet Earth [ 14 Answers ]

Has anyone else been watching the Planet Earth series that Discovery is running right now. I am addicted to it as is many of the teachers at my school. It is amazing how they catch the wildlife in their own habitat.

Pluto, Not A Planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently Pluto has been disqualified as a planet with our solar system. Can any of you experts explain to me how or why this was determined?

Is it a planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Right now(4:00AM) in Wyoming, in the north eastern part of the sky, just above the horizon there is a HUGE bright star that seems to pulsate(twinkle) When I first saw it I thought it was a UFO! It is very prominent in the sky. Does anyone know if this is a planet or just a very large star? Okay...

View more questions Search