Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Aww... that is so sweet. :)
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 6, 2008, 09:11 AM
    A little off topic, but I need to vent. I am having the worst day ever. The type of day that wham ever said anything to you would make you snap. So I thought to myself to get out and get myself a coffee. Thank god I did. If it wasn't for the coffee there would have been allot of spinning heads. Cheers for the coffee saving the day. LOL, Now back to your program. Sorry for the commercial.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish2008
    A little off topic, but I need to vent. I am having the worst day ever. The type of day that wham ever said anything to you would make you snap. So I thought to my self to get out and get myself a coffee. Thank god I did. If it wasn't for the coffee there would of been allot of spinning heads. Cheers for the coffee saving the day. LOL, Now back to your program. Sorry for the commercial.
    LOL! That's not off topic at all - its what our e-coffeeshop is for!

All Hail the All-Powerful Coffee Bean! We pledge our life-long devotion to your cause!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 09:18 AM
    I like other people ranting, it makes me feel justified in ranting too.

Reminds me of the 'sympathy circle' I used to do with my friends. We'd all sit around and taking it in turns had to say something we were upset/angry/annoyed about. Once everyone had said something we'd then go ahh and make sympathetic noises. It actually works really well for making you feel better!

Here is a coffee related question to relive my irrelevence. What is the point of half caff? One or the other surely? Or just have less coffee?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Hi Scottish - I hope that your day gets better, I think we've all been there at one time or another. Right now I'm upset about something I heard on the news, I'll be starting a thread about it later, I just have to gather my thoughts before I do.

Anyway, drink coffee, feel happy and remember, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.:)

And a quote to make us all smile:

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried.
    Mae West
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 09:20 AM
    I've never been one to go half-caf... but its half decaf coffee and half regular in a cup. They fill half with regular, then fill the rest with decaf. It lessens the amount of caffeine but still provides you with the amount of coffee you are used to.

No point, in my opinion. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Ok, that was just sad people...

For about 5 to 10 minutes there, I couldn't access AMHD... I actually started getting sad... wow... I think I'm not only addicted to coffee, but I'm painfully addicted to this site!

Sheesh...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 10:53 AM
    ... half... caf??

That's like watering down your bourbon.. . why do that?

Here's how to get "less" caffeine... if you're really concerned about it.

Drink a 5 shooter a day for a solid 2 weeks. By the end of the 2nd week, the twitching and heart murmurs will subside.. . then start drinking double shots.. . MUCH less caffeine than your body was once used to.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    ...half...caf???

that's like watering down your bourbon. ...why do that?

here's how to get "less" caffeine...if you're really concerned about it.

drink a 5 shooter a day for a solid 2 weeks. by the end of the 2nd week, the twitching and heart murmurs will subside. ...then start drinking double shots. ...MUCH less caffeine than your body was once used to.
    LOL! Oh Sneezy... I do love you!! :D

I agree wholeheartedly!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 11:26 AM
    I love coffee, all kinds, until 5:00 PM; and then my pumpkin turns into a carriage.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 11:28 AM
    LOL! Nice, George. Glad you made it into our e-coffeeshop! Grab a chair, a steamy cup of coffee, and put your feet up. :)

Mar 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Hi Scottish - I hope that your day gets better, I think we've all been there at one time or another. Right now I'm upset about something I heard on the news, I'll be starting a thread about it later, I just have to gather my thoughts before I do.

Anyway, drink coffee, feel happy and remember, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.:)

And a quote to make us all smile:

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried.
    Mae West
    You all are so nice. I wish I could rate this one. Anyway I do appreciate your comment on "whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". God love you.
    I had to drive out to another location and I had to take our chef clerk to pay a few solders on a course. I vented to him while having a cup of java. All hale Coffee. What a pick me up. Does anyone have a ruff day if they don't get that first cup of coffee before going to work? If so I fit into that area. Coffee on my dear friends, coffee on.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Well... Scottish... I actually have a bad day if I don't get my pot of coffee before I leave in the morning. Granted, it's a tiny, four cupper, but it's a necessity. I can't even shower without at least a swig of coffee...

I know, I know. I need help...
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 05:39 PM
    The first thing that I do when I wake up is grab a coffee. My kids know that they shouldn't talk to me until that first cup is empty, otherwise I'm crabby mommy.

My coffee pot broke once and I had to go without for 5 days before I could get a knew one. My husband ended up going to the neighbors to see if they had an extra coffee pot we could borrow, he was ready to move me into Starbucks until the situation could be rectified. It was a long 5 days, for him too. The kids call it the terrible 5, the week mommy didn't have coffee, the week the earth stood still.

Mar 7, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Ahh the day started on the right foot. Got my java in hand and let me tell you. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. It's like I can go with out writing two words with out taking a fulfilled swig of coffee. Can you ever imagine if they ever cam out with CA ( Coffeeholics Anomalous) lol Just a though. Hope you coffee drinkers enjoy the coffee day as much as I do.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Scottish, boy, do I know what you mean! My fingers don't work on the keyboard unless I have my coffee..

Ok, Starbucks coffee question:

Do you all like the new espresso? Evidently they are making it a different way. To me, it seems so much bolder. My regular black double shot has the effect of an old quad shot! (I'm really not complaining though!) Just wondering if any of you have tried it and if so, do you like it?
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Good morning everyone, I woke up at 5 am to the sound of the snow plows working in my cul-de-sac, let me tell you I'm none to thrilled. I did get even though, I went outside with my deluxe size coffee mug and drank the whole cup in front of them, I think I saw one of them drooling. Revenge is bittersweet.

HC - I haven't tried the new espresso, but my friend and I are going for coffee at Starbucks this weekend, I'll give it a try then and let you know what I think on Monday. I'm pretty sure I will find it favorable, I haven't met a coffee I didn't like, yet.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:13 AM
    LOL! You're pure evil, AW!! Drinking your coffee in front of the poor (probably cute, adorable Canadian men) snowplowers! ;)

Try a shot of espresso. Its bolder than before, but I like it better!
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Actually, I did notice that one of the snow plow guys was extremely cute, and young, probably in his mid twenties. Aghhh, I'm married, I shouldn't be looking at the snow plow guy, but it's his fault really, he came to my house. Maybe I should go out and offer him a cup of coffee. Nah, he's still making plenty of noise out there and it's been three hours. Not to mention that he caused my kid's bus to be late. Still, he was cute. Should I send him to you? It's always handy to have a man around that know how to handle heavy machinery.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Mmmm hmmm... send the cute Canadian to me... I'll warm him up.

Wow... I meant by giving him a nice, steamy cup of coffee...

Really, I did... ;)

Crud... what is UP with my head today?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Coffee [ 49 Answers ]

Hello: I don't drink coffee. It has caffeine in it. I am opposed to drug use. I work in a coffee shop. Should I be able to refuse to serve coffee to my customers on moral grounds? excon

Coffee [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that coffee is fatteing? A friend of mine says that coffee is not fatteing itself but it slows down metabolism and therefore makes u fat. She reckons tea is the opposite (ie. Speeds up metabolism). My other question is this: I don't like the taste of plain milk so I usually put some...

Got Coffee? [ 1 Answers ]

Success in Marriage A couple had been married for 45 years and had raised a brood of 11 children and were blessed with 22 grandchildren. When asked the secret for staying together all that time, the wife replies, "Many years ago we made a promise to each other: the first one to pack up and...

Coffee [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have this question. Is drinking 4 cups of coffee daily bad for your sex.

View more questions Search