Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 07:15 PM
    American Indians probably said the same thing.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2013, 06:56 AM
    As long as our domestic law enforcement can't ,or choose to ignore the obvious threats then yes it's a huge problem that we let anyone in the country . Despite all the evidence the FBI seemed unable to see Tsarnaev as a threat. Maybe the problem is that the agents were trained not to see it.
    FBI training manuals were systematically purged in 2011 of all references to Islam that were judged offensive by a specially created five-member panel. Three of the panel members were Muslim advocates from outside the FBI, which still refuses to make public their identities. Nearly 900 pages were removed from the manuals as a result of that review. Several congressmen were allowed to review the removed materials in 2012, on condition that they not disclose what they read to their staffs, the media, or the general public.

With the recent proliferation of revelations about FBI blindness on the Brothers Tsarnaev, a comment made last year by Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, to Flatten now has a tragic resonance: "We've got material being removed more because of political correctness than in the interest of truth and properly educated justice officials. We are blinding our enforcement officers from the ability to see who the enemy actually is." The Boston bombing showed the tragic consequences of that blindness.
    Examiner Editorial: How the FBI was blinded by political correctness | WashingtonExaminer.com
    Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 07:34 AM
    Or we could assume that the FBI saw greater threats than these loonies to pursue. Without full facts why assume in the first place? The threat from these guys is over and an investigation is under way. And there is no doubt that they are still looking at somebody else now for sure.

But if you want to round up everybody at all the suspicious churches and deport them, be my guest. Hell you can't find all the Mexicans yet.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Don't want to round up "everybody " . Don't want jihadists blowing up people here either . It does little good to the 200 victims that they are investigating after the event when all the evidence they needed was in front of them before the attack. I'm not assuming nothing . I know that he did not get the triggering device from that AQ web magazine. I already have read the issue everyone is talking about and I know that the triggers used were more sophisticated than anything in the magazine .More probable is that he was trained in the 6 months overseas to build it.

The left is unbelievable . The smoke had not cleared from Manhattan before they began pointing fingers and demanding answers to what broke down on 9-11-01 . But now when one of their own is in charge they are doing everything to deflect from the very obvious. And you are still doing the same thing about Benghazi,, gee " what does it matter ? "
    Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 03:41 PM
    Oh I have no doubt there is more to the story, just as with Benghazi, just not a nefarious as you want to claim. That's why I hold my water about the grand conspiracy theory, or bungled incompetence until the rest of the facts come out.

Of course I understand the zeal on the right to seize on any rock they can to throw at the left, but prefer all the facts, not just yours, or the spin you so love to apply.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2013, 03:53 PM
    just not a nefarious as you want to claim
    oh I'm sure it's even more that what I've been saying . Now the mom is a person of interest as she was on a watch list .

Follow the story... you will see.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Taxpayers funded the Tsarnaev family to the tune of $100,000 + in welfare benefits, cash and food stamps in the time they lived here .
    Tsarnaev family received $100G in benefits | Boston Herald

Tamerlan also benefitted from a tax payers provided attorney when he had to defend himself against domestic violence charges. There once was a principle of immigration called the 'Public Charge Doctrine' . Basically the idea was that we would not accept immigration of people who would become a burden ,dependent on public charity. Ironically Massachusetts enacted the earliest public charge laws in 1645. The immigration law provides for the deportation of aliens who rely on public assistance for a substantial part of their livelihoods within five years of entering the United States.
    But the rate of deportation steadily decreased in the 20th Century until it was almost non-existent. Today ,about 20 % of all immigrant households are enrolled in welfare programs.Yet , only 0.0084 % of applicants from 2005-2012 were denied visas under the assumption that they would constitute a public charge. And as the US has ever expanded it's public assistance programs ,the immigrant population has also increased their usage. Today as an example ,the USDA has brochures it distributes to Mexican consulates as part of its “partnership” with the Mexican government to help educate eligible Mexican nationals living in the United States about available nutrition assistance.“If I get on SNAP benefits, will I be a 'public charge?'” ...........“No. You and your family can apply for and receive SNAP benefits without hurting your chance of becoming U.S. citizens.” It goes even further ....“If you are not eligible due to your immigration status, your legal immigrant or citizen children may still qualify,” ...”You do not have to provide immigration information about yourself when you apply for your legal immigrant or citizen children.”
    http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/outreac...13Brochure.pdf

The chief goal of American immigration policy is to admit productive, self-reliant individuals who positively contribute to society. Public charges fall under the category of “undesirables.” They put a drain on society, rather than contribute productively and positively to it.
    The Tsarnaev family is the poster family for such abuse of the system. Our generous welfare system enabled Tamerlan to finance his radicalization .Instead of going out and getting a job ,this healthy young man became a raadical Muslim surfed jihadist websites ;and planned to wage war on the country that took him and his family in as "refugees".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Let me see. Terrorist received welfare. Ergo, welfare funds terrorism. Therefore, welfare and immigration should be stopped.

Right wing logic is flawed.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
    As opposed to left-wing logic that says if only we'd given him more and made him feel more welcome, it's our own fault he clung to Jihadis.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:34 AM
    As opposed to left-wing logic that says if only we'd given him more and made him feel more welcome, it's our own fault he clung to Jihadis.
    Where is that left-wing policy written?
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    That's not left wing logic, that's right wing spin.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That's not left wing logic, that's right wing spin.
    Or, if only we'd let him become a US citizen...

A Battered Dream, Then a Violent Path

BOSTON — It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand: after capturing his second consecutive title as the Golden Gloves heavyweight champion of New England in 2010, Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev, 23, was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

The cocksure fighter, a flamboyant dresser partial to white fur and snakeskin, had been looking forward to redeeming the loss he suffered the previous year in the first round, when the judges awarded his opponent the decision, drawing boos from spectators who considered Mr. Tsarnaev dominant.

From one year to the next, though, the tournament rules had changed, disqualifying legal permanent residents — not only Mr. Tsarnaev, who was Soviet-born of Chechen and Dagestani heritage, but several other New England contenders, too. His aspirations frustrated, he dropped out of boxing competition entirely, and his life veered in a completely different direction.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:58 AM
    The cocksure fighter, a flamboyant dresser partial to white fur and snakeskin
    not bad garb for a welfare bum.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
    You sure take the opinion of journalists well beyond a document of fact. Insightful, but hardly conclusive. You want real stories? Leave Current Events and read some questions from real people.

Family & People - Ask Me Help Desk
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 08:15 AM
    You know what I'm dealing with in regard to my daughter but what you know only scratches the surface. I AM real people, I don't need to hear anyone else's story - we're living it - so I have no sympathy for some immigrant family getting more government handouts than my disabled daughter who has nothing will ever see. Cry me a river, these people were handed everything and then some while those women and the poor you champion that REALLY need it get the shaft.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 08:53 AM
    I understand the absence of sympathy, or empathy when you are catching hell with your own reality.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Who do you want me to empathize with ? The guys who blew up an 8 year of child and 200 other victims ? As far as the people on the Family and People board. I am am not qualified to give them advice .
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 09:24 AM
    I have plenty of empathy but not for ingrates that have been handed everything. I just take exception to suggestions that we might need to get out of our comfort zone and see what's happening with "real people." We are real people.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 09:27 AM
    You don't have to give advice to learn how others have dealt with the same issues we all have had to deal with. Believe it or not I am walking a mile in your shoes and have GREAT empathy for the situation you are navigating, Speech/Tom.

It ain't easy. Its damn hard. :(
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Lemme see. Terrorist received welfare. Ergo, welfare funds terrorism. Therefore, welfare and immigration should be stopped.

Right wing logic is flawed.

excon
    We are not even selling them the rope, we are giving them the rope. Why does our government put their well-being and comfort ahead of ours? The Obots can't even utter the words terrorism let alone admit to the fact that the most successful attacks on America from jihadistan has been from jihadists who were here on some kind of visa or immigrant status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hitmen in boston [ 1 Answers ]

Gangster movie set in boston where two brothers are hitmen in boston

Boston wills? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My cousin just passed away- he was a resident of Boston, Mass and I live in Atlanta, GA. I am pretty sure he had some money tucked away, and that he left some of it to me as I was one of his closest relitives. Right now my mom has the most control. She said that she lost power of...

Boston Terriers [ 1 Answers ]

I hate to give an answer that may not be much help, but I must tell you how glad I am that you are giving a rescue dog a second chance. I hope you are working with a good rescue that will be sure to make a successful placement. Maybe your rescue would be the best place to find out about a good...

View more questions Search