Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Hello start, I was not able to view your post? );

Hope you had a great weekend.

Joe
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 6, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Hi guys, I'm BAAACCK!! Happy Monday to all.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Good morning kings and queens... you guys are all too funny. Hello Shattered, missed you, I was wondering. I love duct tape too Sara. (so do the kids)
    I forget what it is called "something Ball" and you see people walking around with Duct tape suits and dresses. It is a contest every year that people try to make the best out fit out of duct tape. Hilarious and only in Alaska! You would be surprised. I tried to post a pic but I just can't do it. My son tried too but we are dorks and my avatar is as much as we can get on here.
    Had a blast at the biker ralley, kids had a time and so did my mom and friend Allison... (never knew I could dance like that) LOL... hugs to all. Start
    gaia213 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 07:30 AM
    I greet you all I am back too if it goes for me and I wish to see what has been happening when I was not absent so let us say I have many things to get up to now

I hope you all have been all right, that goes for you too Shatteredsoul

I wish your sister all well and I hope she is allright yet I understand her position in life she may simply need to have a person she can be open to or she may need time although I doubt very strongly in that although her soul may rise up again and take itself together again
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Hey you Gaia, I was just thinking about you. Hope you enjoy being back! And of course here is a hug for you!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Oh, I've been around, lurking mostly. It ain't the cowboy way to comment on every little thing.

Did ya see the new pix I put up?
    Exactly how I pictured you! Absolutely wonderful...
    I tried to post a pic of me and then one with the fam, it isn't going to happen unless there is a computer god looking down on my when I push the dang button... Oh well, I will change my little avatar soon to just plain ole me...

Aug 6, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Well, what a long weekend huh?? I am so tired I need toothpicks to keep my eyelids open. YAWN!! Even coffee isn't helping. I want my bed...

Hey Start, did you think I would abandon you? YOu couldn't be that lucky! LOL Glad you had fun with your mom and your friend.

HEy there cowboy, exactly what I figured you would look like too!

Sara, UMMM where the heck did you get that idea? Very funny though. Too bad we can't use that for bosses . LOL LOL
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:06 AM
    LOL, silly girl, never thought you would disappear, just wondering about the lovg outing... Did you have a nice time?

Aug 6, 2007, 08:18 AM
    We had a super nice time and Amber had a great birthday at Islands of Adventure. She is a big 11 year old now. Wow, that is weird. Yeah, it was great, and exhausting. I am broke but that is OK. My friend and her kids had a blast, so it was worth helping them go. She was still selfish and insensitive, but that is OK because I know she has always been like that. The whole night of my birthday she kept telling my friends, just remember, "It's all about me OK??" THe rest of the trip was too. That is fine, I love her anyway.

So different than you, I couldn't help but compare. Oh well, you have to accept your friends the way they are, right? The good, the bad and the ugly. So I do.

Gaia, glad to see you are still around.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Yes, you find out a lot about someone when they are with you for so long. I accept my friends for who they are but never will I let them take me down. I don't think any of my friends are like that. They all fill my life with fun and love. You too sweet...
    Happy Birthday Amber! 11, OMGosh can you take it? Davy is ten and it is great, showing huge signs of mature choices and faces, and everything else you can imagine.
    gaia213 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 08:44 AM
    I see you are having problems with accepting the fact that your children are constantly growing yet that process is unstopable the best you can do is to help them grow up to be the right person standing there for them when they did theyr mistakes of the foolish youth

And help them not make them

I do understand Shatteredsoul I know I too am just a child but I understand it is hard to take how people change but your daughter is growing up and I hope you are proud

Life goes like it in the unending circle you are born you age you give out children to the world and pass away although not all humans get children

I hope you had a good weekend Startover I am spending my time trying to gain more knowledge doing what I do in the vacation learning another language and such as I always do yet I cannot truly relax or so said "slack off" or "take it easy"it just does not truly belong to my nature and personality

Your daughter Amber seems to be quite like you I can see some traces from you even with that "just remember, it's all about me ok"?

It is just a part of your personality not the full yours yet a part as the biology in humans say that children inherit 50 percent characteristics, looks, personality and so on from theyr father and 50 percent from theyr mother (whitch is you)

And I should have prepared for the hug and have taken a few gas bottles I ussualy have breathe problems after them startover

Oh yes now I soon can make my own so called picture or avatar as I am used to call it my own face I might as well do that yet do not get shocked if you see it and no I am not stating that my face is obscure it may just be unique remember I am coming from four countries after all

It is strange to think that your daughters birthday is so close to mine as the thought has suddenly crossed my mind and how are you doing there is everything all right Shatteredsoul?

I hope that is how it is
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Happy Birthday to you Gaia!
    I think slacking off and relaxing are two different things, the thing about slacking is not getting your responsibilities finished before you relaxxxxx. Mine are done although I have more to do with the long weekend and laundry was started as soon as we got home and I cleaned the house before we left, paid the bills, and made my calls. And my husband is back at work, so am I...
    I know it is hard to accept for you Gaia, love, fun and mystery are around you whether it is plain to see or just a little out of reach. I am proud of you for taking your vacation, if learning a new language is good for you then so be it. Doing something for yourself is good, not slacking off sweet. Oops I am giving you another hug... breath honey breath!

Aug 6, 2007, 09:12 AM
    NOO, I would die if I EVER heard my daughter say, "It's all about me", that is my friend who came to visit. She believes she is more important than anyone. She is a childhood friend who I still see and keep in touch with. Although start is right, spending that kind of time with someone and you will see their true colors shining through!!

Yes, my daughter does have both my husband's and my personality. She also is a mix of both of our looks. She is a kind and loving child and I am watching her grow with immense pride and pleasure. However, letting go of anything is difficult with me. I am learning to love and let go all the time. She is another example of how I struggle with that.
    I am doing fine, I am healthy and loved. What more could I ask for really?
    Even though my friend disappointed me greatly with her attitude and mouth, I know that the kindness and love I showed her and her children will come back to me in other ways.
    My daughter was very helpful on the trip. On the day my friend was leaving my daughter helped her organize all of her things and cleaned the entire hotel room. I was trying to help her pack and Amber just jumped in to help. My friends children didn't help do anything, not even once.! Even when they stayed at my house for the first week and a half, they left their stuff everywhere. The dining room table was full of makeup, brushes, hairspray, straightener, you name it! My son's room was covered with all of their stuff, he couldn't even go in there! Then the couches in every room had their clothes and blankets thrown. It was a surprise that she didn't make them pick up anything. Well, maybe their garbage, that is about it. I wasn't raised that way and neither was my daughter. NO matter what, kids should be helpful and respectful. If my child acts selfish or rude at someone's house, I am all over it. I am proud of her and what they did is more a reflection on them. I am glad I learned different.

The funny thing is, she talked crap about me the whole night to my friends when we were out for my birthday. They told me what she said but I didn't say anything to her. Just continued to be loving. Although it makes me wonder why I still am friends with her. I think she has gotten worse in the last couple years..

What do you guys think I should do about that?? She has called several times since she left and I do not answer my cell phone. I just don't have anything nice to say, so I am not saying anything right now.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I am sorry sweet. Your friend wasn't very nice and has no manners, that is why her children are the way they are. Don't blame them, blame her. I am so sorry.
    I would answer and tell her that you are dissapointed in the things she told your friends and then ask her what she has to say for herself. You don't need to take any of that. I would say goodbye unless she can start using her kindness and manners. Hugs sweet... Amber is a GEM!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Just saying hello to everybody this fine day. I am glad your back shattered, I was getting worried about you? Anyway, I will catch up with you all later. Have a great day everybody.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:30 AM
    You tooooo Joe... Nice to see you for one second! LOL

Aug 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Thank you start. GOod advice, well taken. I will take that approach and let you know. I just have a feeling that when I say that, all hell will break loose!

Hello Joe, hope the family is well.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Shattered, you have to stand up for yourself, it may make it so you don't talk for a while, depending on her attitude and the way you bring it up without anger is the best way for me. I myself can't stand being put in a situation of being mad especially when it is other peoples fault. I don't like having to say a word. Easy with the words as you know they can turn on you in a heartbeat. Just say what you mean and no beating around the bush. She has been your friend for a long time, it may take a while for her to let it all sink in. Let it be as it should and NEVER let anyone take you for an idiot. I know you sweet, you are a good woman.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Sara how is that fixing the playseat? lol I would never of thought of getting one like that lol. Your now a redneck? Or have you always been one.
    mr. jesus I lived in FL for quite some time so redneck it is! hαhα-- I love my country-- cαn't sαy I'm α confederαte flαg weαrer but I do hαve α little country in me :p

--so how's everyone todαy-- well I'm dαndy α member of this site keeps bullying me though--αhα.. o well it's just on the computer:D

GOD shαylα hαs been being α BRAT for the pαst few dαyss-- keeps pinching me kicking αnd ugh I just wαnnα punch somebody [no her of course]--god pαrenting is so hαrd-- help meeee

Aug 6, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I may be sweet, but I can also be confrontational, which I why I am avoiding her. I want to be honest without being angry and sometimes that is hard for me. I am glad you think I am a good woman, I haven't yet become the woman I want to be. The hardest part is, when you talk on the phone and everything is fine but then when you hang out and all of their negative stuff seems to override the good stuff. I didn't want to ruin anything so I wanted to accommodate all of their wants and needs. Although it is kind of like a spoiled child, you give them what they want and think it will satisfy them but then they just want more, more more.

I am learning from you how to be sweeter. I have a ways to go still. Thanks for the advice though, I am taking it to heart.

I thought about all of you on that trip. Every time she had something nasty to say, I kept saying to myself, LOVE Is all around me, relax and breathe. So thank you for that too. See, you are even with me when I am gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

I love him but does not love me and no one else does [ 4 Answers ]

I love him but he does not love me and no one else does love me but why:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

View more questions Search