Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
    In general you need to completely take the first month and start the second month to be in the "safer" period. Of course you do realize no form of birth control is 100 percent, so even when taken exactly right, there is still a change of pregnancy, a small chance but still a chance.

If you miss any pills during the month, it will slightly increase that risk. So if you are not wanting to get pregnant, please also always still use condoms for additional safety.

The weight gain is normal
    TraceyAnn14 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
    And also I really don't know much about this pill and how it prevents pregnancy

Feb 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
    And I didn't have sex.. its complicated :l
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyAnn14 View Post
    And i didnt have sex.. its complicated :l
    How is it complicated?

Feb 13, 2012, 08:08 PM
    You saw my other post about a hand job and being on my period andbi apologize my computer spazed out.. but I'm confused so I'm not covered on my inactive pills becsuse she said I was and I did some research... and it said yes. Im confused. And were you taking pills when you got pregnant or a shot? How did it happen 2wice?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Hand jobs and pregnancy rarely occur.

I was taking the pills, the shot wasn't "invented" back then. How did it happen twice? I don't know. But I've even got stranger stories for you than that. I finally got my tubes tied and haven't had a problem since.

Feb 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Different answers every time! Please help.
    So here it is.. On Friday I gave a guy a hand job and he may have leaked a little and I seriously mean just a little. He started feeling me down there. I had a tampon in so nothing really went in there.. He tried to but only stuck his finger in like 1cm. On that particular day.. I was on my 4th sugar pill. And bled 3 days after that too.. That was my first month of birth control too:/ people have tild me its effective, some say no, some say your protected on your sugar pills, some say no. I'm confused and scared. High chance of pregnancy or no? I feel the same as before all this happened. Don't feel pregnant at all but its only been 5 days after that night. Could you know by then?. Please help.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
    TraceyAnn14,

You have a very low chance of pregnancy for a several reasons. 1) there was no ejaculation involved 2) you were on your period 3) you had been taking birth control pills for a few weeks and 4) the delivery method (his finger after a hand job) It would be too early for you to know at this point.

You are considered protected on the sugar pills. Most women who use birth control pills use them as their sole form of contraception throughout their cycle. Certainly pregnancy can happen, but when used correctly, birth control pills are quite effective for most women.

As was said, you are usually protected after the first week, but many suggest using another form of protection for the first month to be even safer. It would actually be wise to use another form of birth control along with the pill all the time. It can depend on which type of pill you are using as well. Since you had been on them for a few weeks, that would make the odds even less for a pregnancy.

You will have to wait now until your next period is due and see what happens. But try not too worry too much. I know that is not easy to do, but you really do have a very low chance of being pregnant.

Here are a few sites that will hopefully ease your mind a bit more:

Birth Control Pills - Types, Effectiveness, and Side Effects of Birth Control Pills

Birth Control Pills - Birth Control Pill - The Pill

Birth Control Pill
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
    How many times, exactly, are you going to ask this same question? You keep asking it and getting the same answers. Is this some sort of game?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2012, 01:31 AM
    >Numerous Threads Merged<
    All on the same topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is texting and calling other women cheating [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 yrs has been texting women when I go to bed. I have found out that he is calling them and they are calling and texting him also throughout the day>

Calling All WOMEN! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex since Oct 9, 2007 and since then she's had her period in Oct and November!! Could she still be pregnant? They say you can still be pregnant and have your period so I need help!! 1

View more questions Search