Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 5, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Oh mittens all is well, we are just illustrating men are harder pets to keep than dogs usually.
    Cheyanne03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessyfay
    It has come down to this.

I don't want to get rid of my dog, but my boyfriend hate him and told me the dog leaves or he leaves. Hmmm what would you do?

PS. I'm not going to get rid of my dog.....could you?
    I'd say the Boyfriend would have to go. If he really cared about you he'd make allowances.
    I have 3 dogs and my husband said that just a short time ago- so he was told no way would I get rid of my best friends over him.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Jessfay I have contacted a rescue group in canada and they are willing to take your dog. Sned me a message and I will give you their number and their information. Please do the right thing and learn from this lesson. ( I may be wrong on this but I think your dog will always associate pain and fear around you and your daughter, just because you were around when this abuse started and happened to him/her.) maybe Doc will or some of the dog rescue people on here can discuss that statement further. Do what is right and give it up to rescue so that he can get over some of the trauma. And start fresh with someone he has no fears of. :)peace
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessyfay
    I am currently looking for an apartment as back up.
    This is more than just a good idea. This is exactly the right thing to do. Jessy, when stuff like this happens, the only way to get through to the other person is to physically move out. Until we do, they don't take us seriously. They think we are just making empty threats. Find that apartment ASAP and move out with your daughter and the dog. Since your BF has choked and kicked that poor little thing, and you have no intention of giving the dog up, you need to get your pup out of there immediately. I can only imagine your daughter's heartbreak if anything should happen to that little guy. As it is, I can only imagine how traumatic this entire situation is for her. Her father is teaching her that it is okay to abuse animals. You need to make a huge stand on this to teach her that it is absolutely wrong and you won't tolerate it. I would hate to think what would happen if she walks in the door one day soon and finds the puppy's little lifeless body. Please Jessy, for the sake of your daughter and that dog, move out.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 6, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Milk bone anyone?
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Jun 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Maybe your boyfriend should read The Ten Commandments (pet version)

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me-it's crucial to my well-being.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when its speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask your self if something might be bothering me.
    Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it, or, "Let it happen in my absence."
    Everything is easier for me if you are there.
    Remember, I love you.
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
    She ain't responding no more,
    Cause her pity trip has stopped,
    She ain't going to get out, and she ain't going to get the Dog out either,

Things have gotten sticky here now and she's going to back off, or try to tell everyone things are great and all that crap.
    Seen these people to many times,
    She won't let go of either one till the Dog gets killed.

Waste of time talking here anymore,
    Chances are more against that dog then for it, and that's the real Sad part.
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
    It's hard for me to say when it comes to boyfriends, but this guy sounds like a jerk anyway and the faster she leaves him the better.

I did once have a guy looking at a 1982 Datsun 280Z that had been customized with some really slick features. He said he wanted to buy the car, but his girlfriend didn't like it. Now as I was selling cars for a living I did give him some advice on his situation. I reminded him that girl friends were like buses, another one comes by about every 15minutes. But a car like this, comes along once in a life time. I sold the car by the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

My boyfriend wants to take a week to decide if he wants to be in the relationship [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a little over 2 years has decided he wants at least a week without talking to me to decide if he wants to be in the relationship or not. We had a big fight and he told me this. I have called and talked to him a few times about pertinent stuff in our lives but then I start in about...

How old does the child have to be to decide? [ 4 Answers ]

If a grandparent has been granted visitation rights for an 8 year old child by the court in Wisconsin? Does the child have the option not go with the grandparent during the designated visitation date and time.

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

I need help to decide [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do? Signed :confused:

View more questions Search