Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:29 PM

You really need to stop listening to John Hagee. He has a way of "retarding" the truth.
    Here it is one more time. If you don't get it this time, there is nothing more I can say.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

John 14:6-7

Nov 4, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    From the Christian faith, yes, those that reject Christ * Jesus* are rejecting God. So anyone that is believing in the Bible will believe in Christ Jesus.

Agreed. The difference here is that magprob is spouting anti-Jewish propganda suggesting that Jews as a people are condemned, which is clearly not scriptural, and as I said before, extremely offensive.

The truth is that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23), and none can claim superiority because of their race over another.

The Jews are, however God's chosen people, because God chose the Jewish people to be the people through whom the Messiah would enter the world. This does not mean that they are saved without the blood of Christ, but it does mean God has given special honour to the Jews and have given warning about those who boast against the Jews.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    My intent is LOVE thru true knowledge. Find the real truth. GOD bless you. I love every creature with the LOVE of Jesus Christ. I just ain't taking any crap in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.
    From what I see on here, I read nothing but hate for the Jews in your messages. Don't forget, Jesus Himself came as a Jew. How can you claim to honour Jesus if you hate the Jews?
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
    You really need to stop listening to John Hagee. He has a way of "retarding" the truth.
    Here it is one more time. If you don't get it this time, there is nothing more I can say.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

John 14:6-7

But I do note that you chose not respond to my question regarding you anti-Jewish rants.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Agreed. the difference here is that magprob is spouting anti-Jewish propganda suggesting that Jews as a people are condemned, which is clearly not scriptural, and as I said before, extremely offensive.

The truth is that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23), and none can claim superiority because of their race over another.

The Jews are, however God's chosen people, because God chose the Jewish people to be the people through whom the Messiah would enter the world. This does not mean that they are saved without the blood of Christ, but it does mean God has given special honour to the Jews and have given warning about those who boast against the Jews.
    That is not what I have said at all. You just like to fight your fights with the fear of antisemitism. But since I understand the true nature of Israel, and the people that claim to be "GODs chosen", I am not talking about Jewish people. They are not the real Jewish people spoken of in the Bible. I am sorry you cannot grasp the truth of the situation and you must sling about the word, antisemite. Sorry to disappoint you but that is not me.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:36 PM
    That is not what I have said at all. You just like to fight your fights with the fear of antisemitism. But since I understand the true nature of Israel, and the people that claim to be "GODs chosen", I am not talking about Jewish people. They are not the real Jewish people spoken of in the Bible. I am sorry you cannot grasp the truth of the situation and you must sling about the word, antisemite. Sorry to disappoint you but that is not me.
    You see, you even want to take away the Jews genetic heritage from them. Read Romans 11.

Where in scripture do we find any basis for such a hatred?
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 01:09 PM

Whew, now that is just plain ignorance. OK, you win.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 01:15 PM
    TexasParent,
    I agree with Fr Chuck.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    TexasParent,
    I agree with Fr Chuck.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Hello Fred,

I don't understand what you mean by your post. First, who is "Fr Chuck" and in what
    Context to you agree with "Fr Chuck" as it relates to something I posted.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Texas Parent,
    I was referring to what Fr. Chuck said above on this.
    Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    From the Christian faith, yes, those that reject Christ * Jesus* are rejecting God. So anyone that is believing in the Bible will believe in Christ Jesus.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Nov 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Texas Parent,
    I was referring to what Fr. Chuck said above on this.
    Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    From your view, your truth, your belief, your authority - the Bible which is God's word, of course you do; as does Fr Chuck; and I respect your individual beliefs.

I happen to believe differently and unfortunately presented my belief (my truth) in comparison to Fr Chucks belief; erroneously thinking that there was some middle ground between our truths and they were the object of fair comparison.

In thinking it through further I will try and refrain from framing my posts as an argument with Christian's or Christian belief or other beliefs for that matter, because the truth of the matter is, I cannot argue with what you believe to be truth; one person's truth cannot trump another's unless they are actively seeking the truth to which they yet do not know; and my perception is that Christian's have no doubt what their truth is and do not waver.

Peace and kindness to you too (those are words I do believe in).
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Nov 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I am not talking about Jewish people. They are not the real Jewish people spoken of in the Bible. I .
    In the "I agree with you" section I was not allowed to make by whole comment about who is "real" Israel and "the Jews".

Rom 9:6-8

6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8 In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.
    NIV

Rev 2:8-9
    9 I know your afflictions and your poverty — yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
    NIV

It is only the spiritual descendents of Abraham, Jew and Gentile, who will be saved; because faith in the "seed" is necessary.

But those who call themselves Jews today by right of their bloodline do have an irrevocable promise from God concerning the land which He promesed them IF they worship only Him.. . a kind of weird concept if they reject His word concering the "ha mashiach". But God honors His word above His name.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    I've often wondered if modern Christian's were the equivalent of the Pharisees; quoting scripture and scripture and pointing to this law and that law and what is right and what is wrong with other people's beliefs or interpretations of the bible.

Although I like what Jesus said, something to the effect of God's new covenant is available in the hearts of everyone. Was he not saying to stop the BS of arguing useless dogma and get on with the business of his example of we should treat and love each other, and the truth of that we will find in our hearts, not in a book or in laws or scripture?
    We believe Jesus is saying, "I am God and this is what you must do to be saved."

Sincerely,

De Maria

Nov 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    We believe Jesus is saying, "I am God and this is what you must do to be saved."

Sincerely,

De Maria
    I do agree, love will save you from sin.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I do agree, love will save you from sin.
    Love does not save you - the blood of Jesus sacrificed on the cross is the only way to be saved.

Nov 4, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Love does not save you - the blood of Jesus sacrificed on the cross is the only way to be saved.
    Respectfully, that is your opinion and YOUR truth. My life, experiences, and MY relationship with God as he has revealed himself to me personally tell me differently.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Respectfully, that is your opinion and YOUR truth. My life, experiences, and MY relationship with God as he has revealed himself to me personally tell me differently.
    I am going by the God of the Bible and what He chose to reveal in the Bible. You are welcome to follow whatever god is telling you otherwise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 06:42 PM

There are many opinions but if it is the Christian God, there is only one truth, and that is Jesus, anyone else's idea that does not follow what the bible teach is just wrong by the word of God that all Christians follow in the bible.

You can not be a Christian and make up ideas not in the bible.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 07:19 PM
    TexasParent,
    I do believe that love saves.
    It is God's love, His grace, that saves.
    All we have to do is do as he asks.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 07:21 PM
    TexasParent,
    I do believe that love saves.
    It is God's love, His grace, that saves.
    All we have to do is do as he asks.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    No one has ever done what he asks except for Jesus Himself.

We must trust in the grace of God which come solely from the blood sacrificed on the cross as we received Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chosen by the birthmother, BUT. [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have been chosen by a birthmother to adopt her baby girl. One huge obstacle--the birth father. The conception was out of wedlock and in her words, he has not had anything to do with the pregnancy. She states that he is a daily marijuana user and lives a 'hard life' and has always...

A/C blows (outside unit is turning) when heat/auto fan is chosen on Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post (I'm glad I found this site - it looks very robust)... so go gentle on me. :p I have a GMC (Goodman) A/C / Heater unit. It's about 12 years old and runs great. Before I get started, I did do a search on this problem and the search engine came back w/nothing. ...

The Nation of Israel [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for this information, The Nation of Israel. I am doing a paper on Judaism and one of the things I have to look for is The Nation of Israel. Most everything I find is on the Sects of Judaism. Can any one give me any idea's or help?

The president is chosen by [ 1 Answers ]

The president is chosen by a. popular vote. b. the House of Representatives. c. state legislatures. d. electoral college.

View more questions Search