Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Ah, so you have none to abide by?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Ah, so you have none to abide by?
    Again I ask, which rules are you referring to?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
    I'm really starting to like this man:

"It was a terrorist attack. It wasn't the result of a mob being excited. It was a group of jihadists who were well-armed and well-trained and well-equipped, and they decided to attack the consulate in Benghazi and try and kill people. That's far different from what happened in Cairo, where a mob was whipped into a frenzy by these people who were talking about this so-called movie that insults Mohammed."

As for the Obama administration's handling of the crisis, McCain was almost entirely positive. "I think it was fine. By the way, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton gave a marvelous statement today," said McCain. He did not offer such praise for the Romney campaign's statements on the events. (ABC News)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:39 AM
    Specifically, the one here that says "Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums. If you state that you disagree with the answer of another member, please explain why politely."

I explained myself numerous times, justified my answer, supplied my source and attempted to get back on topic only to be accused of deliberate deception by you anyway. I think being called a liar, especially after having shown I'm not, definitely qualifies.

I'm done with this thread, obviously having a mature discussion is out of the question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Specifically, the one here that says "Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums. If you state that you disagree with the answer of another member, please explain why politely."

I explained myself numerous times, justified my answer, supplied my source and attempted to get back on topic only to be accused of deliberate deception aby you nyway. I think being called a liar, especially after having shown I'm not, definitely qualifies.

I'm done with this thread, obviously having a mature discussion is out of the question.
    I disparaged you? Called you a liar? I tried to keep the discussion fair.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Specifically, the one that says "Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums. If you state that you disagree with the answer of another member, please explain why politely."
    Does that rule apply to yourself as well? Or just to us?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There ya go with that context thing again.

I watched the interview. President Obama said the U.S. would not consider Egypt an ally, "but we don't consider them an enemy." He continued with the explanation that Egypt is a "new government that is trying to find its way."
    That's just the President voting ' present' again. Mitt said that the adm sends mixed signals.. there you go.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2012, 07:11 AM
    Hello again:

I don't know what's troubling you righty's so much... I thought you didn't LIKE the Muslim Brotherhood... Now that Obama is moving AWAY from them, you think they're great...

I can't figure you out..

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That's just the President voting ' present' again. Mitt said that the adm sends mixed signals ..there ya go.
    Sort of like this? "I really enjoy reading your posts, Tom, but sometimes I want to reach into my monitor and strangle you, but then, as I get to know you better, that may change."
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again:

I dunno what's troubling you righty's so much... I thought you didn't LIKE the Muslim Brotherhood... Now that Obama is moving AWAY from them, you think they're great....

I can't figure you out..

excon
    What makes you think he's moving away from them ? That phone call he made to Morsi ? Lol .
    This is the White House version :
    "The President made his point that we've been committed to the process of change in Egypt, and we want to continue to build with the Egyptian government"
    That doesn't sound like he moving in his position at all . That sounds like Candidate Obama being aware that the melt down in the ummah ; and the fervent anti-Americanism is a direct threat to his reelection theme related to foreign policy that he has restored American prestige and defeated the jihadists.

Morsi is a committed member of the Brotherhood .The Brotherhood instigated the protests (and cooperated in the commando style raid that killed Amabassador Stevens ). The immam at Cairo University (where the President made his address during his apology tour ) endorses the protests and the pogroms against the Copts . The President is delusional to think that a phone call to Morsi from Air Force One ,in between campaign stops, can turn back the rising tide.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Sort of like this? "I really enjoy reading your posts, Tom, but sometimes I want to reach into my monitor and strangle you, but then, as I get to know you better, that may change."
    And words have real meanings in diplomacy .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
    and words have real meanings in diplomacy .
    Was I diplomatic? :) Good example?
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 08:07 AM
    No ;the President's words. Romney's charges was the adm is sending mixed signals . He's correct. In one sentence ,the President proved his point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
    The recent middle east unrest reminds me of the struggles of another young new nation that had challenges to build after years of being told what to do, and how to do it. The Good Old USA! How quickly we forget all the blood we ourselves have shed, on the path to freedom.

Of course you righties have no sympathy for the growing pains of new democracies, and think that unless its an instant success, it's a failure. They just have a ways to go, and indeed, so do we.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 01:30 PM
    So you are OK with our embassies being over-run and our Ambassador ambushed and murdered ? Ok
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Sep 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
    That's just the President voting ' present' again. Mitt said that the adm sends mixed signals ..there ya go.

Quoting out of context, contextomy-call it what you like but it does not excuse it.

If it was his intention to send, "mixed signals" then the second part of the quote should be included to demonstrate this point.. The partial quote gives the impression of a concrete position.

Tut
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 02:39 PM
    so you are ok with our embassies being over-run and our Ambassador ambushed and murdered ? Ok
    I never said it was okay, those are your words.I said it was COMMON for new governments to go through this period of chaos. That's why I used us as an example because we had our own history of senseless violence and mistakes.

Lets be real as there is a vacuum of authority, and responsibility that's being exploited by dissidents in the middle east, fostered by decades of dictators, who took no prisoners, and they are no longer there. The new governments are weak and we have seen this in all governments through out history.

Have you forgotten the struggles of Eastern Europe when the Soviets splintered?
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Quoting out of context, contextomy-call it what you like but it does not excuse it.

If it was his intention to send, "mixed signals" then the second part of the quote should be included to demonstrate this point.. The partial quote gives the impression of a concrete position.

Tut
    The complete quote was the mixed signal. It doesn't take much.. Ambassador April Gilespi once told Saddam Hussein that the US had no opinion on his border disputes with Kuwait .That sent a wrong signal . Had she said that the US would not tolerate his move on Kuwait ,then the Gulf War may have been prevented .
    In context ;out of context... his statement was feckless and weak... not a strong leader at all.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I never said it was okay, those are your words.I said it was COMMON for new governments to go thru this period of chaos. Thats why I used us as an example because we had our own history of senseless violence and mistakes.

Lets be real as there is a vacuum of authority, and responsibility thats being exploited by dissidents in the middle east, fostered by decades of dictators, who took no prisoners, and they are no longer there. The new governments are weak and we have seen this in all governments thru out history.

Have you forgotten the struggles of Eastern Europe when the Soviets splintered?
    And I'll remind you in case you have forgotten that I was more than willing that we assist the new democracy in Iraq in their infancy ;but it was Obama and Evita that cut the rug out of our assistance to them .I'll also remind you that it is Obama who threw his support behind the Brotherhood ;a terrorist organization .
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Sep 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
    the complete quote was the mixed signal. It doesn't take much .. Ambassador April Gilespi once told Saddam Hussein that the US had no opinion on his border disputes with Kuwait .That sent a wrong signal . Had she said that the US would not tolerate his move on Kuwait ,then the Gulf War may have been prevented .
    In context ;out of context .... his statement was feckless and weak....not a strong leader at all.

Hi Tom,

I'm not disputing your judgement on the politics. In fact I would tend to agree with you.

Out of context it is a definitive statement. In context it would be a mixed message.

Tut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Romney is the way he is [ 28 Answers ]

Like Daryl Hannah, Dan Akroyd, probably Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Keanu Reeves, Al Gore, and many others, Mitt Romney probably has Asperger's syndrome. He's very smart, but as an Aspie he has trouble connecting with people, and it's why he seems to have no empathy for the common man, why weird...

You DON'T want Romney, do you? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: I've alluded to something weird happening in Republican circles.. I thought maybe they'd EVEN let Obama win in order to NOT have president Romney. Of course, I'm just excon. Nobody knows me... But people know right wing Erick Erickson. This is what HE said: Mitt Romney as the...

Biblical Archaeology - Near East & Middle East Archaeology [ 2 Answers ]

If the archaeology of the Near/Middle East is an interest of yours, check out the Biblical Archaeology Society (BAS). We, too, have a forum where you are welcome. BAS has been publishing the latest research in the field of archaeology in the Biblical lands since 1975 in their flagship...

Toilet - Main Siphon Jet erupts with bubbles [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a 6 year old toilet and in the past 5 months it has not been operating properly. Sometimes (but rarely) we get a good flush but most of the time a LARGE amount of air comes from the front of the toilet's main siphon jet and then no actual siphon occurs. I can get it to flush easily if I...

View more questions Search