Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 07:35 AM
    You DON'T want Romney, do you?
    Hello:

I've alluded to something weird happening in Republican circles.. I thought maybe they'd EVEN let Obama win in order to NOT have president Romney. Of course, I'm just excon. Nobody knows me... But people know right wing Erick Erickson. This is what HE said:

Mitt Romney as the Nominee: Conservatism Dies and Barack Obama Wins

So, something is going to happen. Any ideas?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 09:35 AM
    No I don't want Romney. But any conservative who doesn't come out and vote for him if he's the nominee better shut their pie-hole the next 4 years as the President runs the country unrestrained by the concern of a reelection.
    What will destroy conservatism will be the Obama policies institutionalized .

And Erikson sounds like the fundamentalists who think their role is to help push the world towards Armegeddon. I've heard him on some talk shows on occasion but never visited his site until now . If that piece is his typical brain fart I'm glad to see I haven't wasted my time .
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No I don't want Romney. But any conservative who doesn't come out and vote for him if he's the nominee better shut their pie-hole the next 4 years as the President runs the country unrestrained by the concern of a reelection.
    Hello again, tom:

The Republicans have SWORN that they'll NEVER again spend like Bush did. What Erickson is afraid of, Romney WILL. I think THAT'LL destroy the right wing for a generation..

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Then the answer is to continue to support conservatives for Congress. Erickson is crazy . Has he not seen the President's fondness for the executive order ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2011, 10:58 PM
    After recent performances he would be preferable to Perry
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:47 AM
    The Repubics are in a circular firing squad . Romney will emerge as the candidate ;and if I see some of my old postings about Kerry's flip-flops it won't surprise me .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
    Mitt ain't a conservative, he is a free market business man, and nothing turns him on more is to play with other peoples money.

Now conservatives are nice people, but they don't play well with others, depending on how far right they lean. Ergo, Obama is the only logical choice, but has Tom has pointed out, it's the make up of the congress that counts the most.

To far right, we get screwed, to far left, we get screwed. No president can save us from that. Personally, I like that other Mormon, Huntsman.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Mitt ain't a conservative, he is a free market business man, and nothing turns him on more is to play with other peoples money.
    Yup that's one argument the President will use against mittens . He's a 1% .
    He also can't campaign against Obamacare . He has a convolted 61 point economic plan. He can't campaign as a jobs creator since he did so much divesting as a raider .
    Basically he is as RINO who can claim he saved the Olympics and that his hair parts as sharp as the crease of his pants.

But the Republic establishment fix is in .Erikson is right about one thing. There will be some conservatives who stay home.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Erikson is right about one thing. There will be some conservatives who stay home.
    Hello again, tom:

Thereby allowing Obama to win... I'm still not sure whether Sarah P. won't jump in.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 02:05 PM
    Some want Pawlenty to re-enter the race. I betcha Condi or Colin Powell could win the nomination.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Some want Pawlenty to re-enter the race. I betcha Condi or Colin Powell could win the nomination.
    You just mentioned 2 of 3 I would rally behind . Guess the odd one out .

Others I would've gotten behind are Bobby Jindall and Mitch Daniels .

My other candidate is someone who entered, but wasn't given the time of day.. Thadeus McCotter would've been ideal... a Republican ,solid conservative ;solid national security ;who regularly gets union support and routinely does well in the Democrat dominated Detroit area . He also plays a decent lead guitar.
    Thaddeus McCotter, Gov. Huckabee & The Little Rockers Play "Let it Rock" (6.25.2011) - YouTube
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I don't want Romney either but if he's the guy he'll get my full support. According to Alec McGillis at TNR, we shouldn't vote for Romney because he has a temper. LOL.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Romney's vulnerability ? He's a
    1%er.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Romney's vulnerability ? He's a
    1%er.
    Aren't they all?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Talaniman--

I agree with your post and even more so with your quote --regarding priorities and options. I have been putting that quote into effect very successfully. It reminds me of a sign a guy I used to work with had over his desk which was something like- I will not allow your failure to plan properly, cause me to go into emergency mode to solve your problem for you. Different subject but I see a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search