Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 02:46 PM

I would bring a friend along, this way if something does happen, you have a witness. That's how I have always done it when dealing with immature people.
    AKeagle Posts: 242, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    I would bring a friend along, this way if something does happen, you have a witness. That's how I have always done it when dealing with immature people.
    Rome, first off what is the name of that band?

Yeah I'm trying to get a witness, but I think I'm going solo. People are busy, and my cousin (well I don't know what his reason is), oh well. I know one person that will go, but don't want them to, cause stuff will get started
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 02:52 PM

If it's the link in my signature, it's Closed Heart Surgery. You can find them on Myspace Music.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Jul 16, 2009, 03:09 PM

Go alone and be very formal. Just take it and leave. If they say they don't have it or something else, don't panic and just leave, there is too much tension yet. If they say they don't have it, just tell them it's something that is important to your family and you would really like it to have it back.

There is many things to learn especially from the first break up and a lot of the things are learned are similar to yours:
    1. Don't make your girlfriend a priority in life
    2. Take care of yourself and don't be dependent on someone else for your own happiness.
    3. Don't lose friends for your girlfriend

There is many advantages for break ups, I'm just starting to see it now.

Jul 16, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paxe View Post
    Go alone and be very formal. Just take it and leave. If they say they don't have it or something else, don't panic and just leave, there is too much tension yet. If they say they don't have it, just tell them it's something that is important to your family and you would really like it to have it back.

There is many things to learn especially from the first break up and a lot of the things are learned are similar to yours:
    1. Don't make your girlfriend a priority in life
    2. Take care of yourself and don't be dependent on someone else for your own happiness.
    3. Don't lose friends for your gf

There is many advantages for break ups, I'm just starting to see it now.
    When I talked to her mther, she said that shouldn't be a problem. I don't want conferntation, just my stuff. I don't even want to talk to them. Just is this everything. Thank you and have a nice day. I don't need to sink to their level, but also don't deserve being walked on

Jul 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
    If it's the link in my signature, it's Closed Heart Surgery. You can find them on Myspace Music.
    Hat if she tries to talk to me?
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 05:18 PM

Tell her you have someplace to be

Jul 16, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Tell her you have someplace to be
    Well that didn't go so smoothly. She is not who I feel in love with. Her brother want to fight me. That god I got out
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 05:30 PM

Eh, boys fight, men walk away with their heads held high smiling at the immaturity of others.

Since I have turned 18, I have been in a fist fight one time, and that was protecting my little brother

Jul 16, 2009, 05:39 PM

Her moter wanted to argue about money, told her if she would like to talk about it we can go to court. I got the things I asked for, but am still being majorly mischanged for it. Her boyfriend was there and just stared, grow up and back off.

It breaks my heart to see her go so wrong. She is a kind hearted person, at least when we were together. All she is now is spitful to me. Doesn't she know she walked out

Jul 16, 2009, 08:36 PM

It's her own fault. My ex is also turning into the wrong direction ( starting smoking, alcohol consumption increased... ) but you know what, they get worse and we get better, this is our ( own ) revenge to them and it goes as far as that. Was she there? Seriously, life is much better without them exes. If it makes you feel better, she is probably not feeling that great herself and is using you as a scapegoat.

Jul 16, 2009, 09:11 PM
    It's her own fault. My ex is also turning into the wrong direction ( starting smoking, alcohol consumption increased... ) but you know what, they get worse and we get better, this is our ( own ) revenge to them and it goes as far as that. Was she there? Seriously, life is much better without them exes. If it makes you feel better, she is probably not feeling that great herself and is using you as a scapegoat.
    Yeah she was there, probably to see how much she affected. I stood straight(can't help it after lifting), was confident in myself, and was calm. It bad to know she'll go downhill. I loved all the good memory's but all I'm seeing is how much time I have wasted with this break up, she see the goods in time

Jul 16, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKeagle View Post
    Yeah she was there, probably to see how much she affected. I stood straight(can't help it after lifting), was confident in my self, and was calm. It bad to know she'll go downhill. I loved all the good memory's but all I'm seeing is how much time I have wasted with this break up, she see the goods in time
    It's great to see a man stand for himself. Don't dwell on memories, you'll create new ones much better. Also you have to learn to not care about her. It's not something cold, but it would just show she doesn't affect you. This takes time but it will come a day when you will hear about her and you won't give a real damn. You're doing great, keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 16, 2009, 09:40 PM
    It's great to see a man stand for himself. Don't dwell on memories, you'll create new ones much better. Also you have to learn to not care about her. It's not something cold, but it would just show she doesn't affect you. This takes time but it will come a day when you will hear about her and you won't give a real damn. You're doing great, keep doing what you're doing!!
    I believe that is why she was there, cause it was her parents house, which is not where she lives, but is where the stuff was. And she didn't get that. I hate her boyfriend, all he did was stay inside and stare, heck he could have shocked me by coming out and introduce himself. I would have dropped to the ground.
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

Jul 17, 2009, 07:10 AM

Good show. Put a period. Retrain yourself now. WHen you think of her name, do something... for me it is say a hail mary... but I am catholic. But you can think of something. When you think of her, think of a happy thought from childhood and make a rule you can not think of the same thought twice. The harder and more time you focus on something different the less you will think of her. I think you are ready for a little retraining.

Really, I am glad you got your stuff and now no matter what else you find missing, put a period at this end and move on!!

WE are all with you!!

Jul 18, 2009, 09:33 PM

Update from Thursday through Saturday

Well as I posted before Thursday didn't go but so smoothly. But I kept by my word, don't say her name, stand straight, be respectful, don't get mad. I showed up on time, she showed me to her car to collect the items, had to talk her into giving me one of them, which caused the brother to come out and want to fight/kill me, didn't move, stood strong, he never made it all the way to me either way. At that moment I knew I was way better off without her with me. The grandmother brought up the relationship saying it just didn't work out, I held my tongue from telling her my point of view. (I understand the saying of blood is thicker than water, but that don't mean that you should treat others like crap) which is how I felt, every time I looked at one of them, or they opened their mouth. At the end they asked if there was anything else she owed me, I said the chain or the money I paid for the chain, they said no (the new boyfriend is now wearing it), I also asked for the money she owed me for rent, and they said cause it was a verbal agreement I wasn't going to get any, (honor and trust mean nothing in this day and age I guess). Then they asked me for money for so things she bought for me, (maybe I should have asked for all the money for the gifts that she kept that I gave her) I told them if they feel I owe them money, to have a lawyer call me. As I look back at the way she acted, and that it had to come to me contacting her to get my stuff back, I know that was exactly what she wanted, but she didn't get the satisfaction of getting to me. She tried to give me back some things I didn't ask for, but I denied them, cause I knew the reasoning behind them. I feel that she hates me, but don't understand why……

After that, I felt like I had taken 60 steps forward.

Saturday, I got up early to go to church for the town food drive, my sister helps with it. I thought it was at her church, but only to find out, just before heading there, it was at her grandmothers church. Sadly to say I bumped into her there, and she came up to me and my sister to say hi, I acted respectful even though I feel very bitter about what happened. Didn't talk about anything that related to my ex and I. After the food drive was over, I walked over to her, said “mrs. ----, thank you for helping out at the food drive, we are leaving, hope that you have a good day.” She said the same. Then the part that gets to me, she hugs my little sister, and places her hand on my back as she use to when I was always around. I use to go over to visit her grandparents without her, and we got along great, but I feel very hurt, being treated like crap over this, then two days later, being treated well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 09:38 PM

Well done. Keep moving forward.

Jul 19, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Well done. Keep moving forward.
    Wondering what others think, I know I broke NC, but does it really count when the purpose of it was to progress and is what was accomplished?

Though it probably doesn't matter, cause I lost count from the previous one
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 07:28 PM

Eventually a lot of us break NC, only to find out that we are better off without them in our lives.

I think you did great, it's a true mark of how far you have come. Go back to page 1 and read your whole story, see how far you have come
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKeagle View Post
    wondering what others think, i know i broke NC, but does it really count when the purpose of it was to progress and is what was accomplished?

though it probably doesn't matter, cause i lost count from the previous one
    You think too much.
    You got your stuff back, now move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex girlfriend has already moved on. How do I? [ 4 Answers ]

Everyone has a story, so here is mine.. I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but to fully embrace the scenario this I must describe the relationship with my first love. How it all started: Jan 08. One week before my first deployment to Iraq, some friends and I went downtown to drink...

Girlfriend broke off relationship because she "has never been single" [ 23 Answers ]

I began dating a divorcée about a year and a half ago. She was coming off some unusual circumstances. Her boyfriend had contracted cancer when they were dating - and she left nursing school to be at his side until he came back to health. He lived. They got married. They had children and later he...

Girlfriend broke up with me, moved back home with family and wants to figure things [ 36 Answers ]

Please read this so you get a view of the entire pic. Thank you and God bless! My girlfriend and I just recently broke up. I am 25 and she is 23. We met in college as I was finishing up my college career. We were friends for a bit before we got romantically involved. At first I did not want...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend moved back [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex just moved back to Michigan and she keeps calling him and trying to get his kids to want her to come back into his life and I am not really sure what to do about it. He swears up and down I have nothing to worry about but I don't if I should believe that or not... what should I...

View more questions Search