Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 07:49 PM
    Oh please. You were plainly replying to my comment about a fence, so of course you were talking about one. If a fence had been there, the crowd would have been contained much more easily. And clearly no one here has been defending what the 1/6 crowd did.

You really need to learn to admit when you are wrong. Just sayin.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 09:48 PM
    I was NOT responding to a fence. I saw all the videos of them breaching the walls, smashing the windows, trashing offices. Give up, sweetie!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2023, 01:54 AM
    a total of 120,000 Vietnam refugees came to the US . They were easily absorbed . NYC alone has 112,800 illegals housed (with an undetermined # of illegals on the streets ) ;and thousands more arriving every week.

City Hall About to Put Migrants in Shelters on Shorter Clocks - THE CITY

NYC receiving 10K migrants per month with 2M allowed into US under Biden (nypost.com)

And no it is NOT "close enough" to the same as Vietnamese being driven from their country because a war was lost .
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2023, 04:47 AM
    I was NOT responding to a fence.
    I posted, "It's why there is a fence around the White House even though (gasp!), yes, it could be tunneled under." You replied to my fence comment, "Yep, Trump's insurrectionists proved government buildings can be breached." So if you were not responding to a fence, what on earth were you responding to in my comment which you copied/pasted? At any rate, your comment illustrated the importance of fences, and I thank you for that.

And no it is NOT "close enough" to the same
    Exactly correct. Those people were fleeing a country being devastated by a war we participated in and thus had some responsibility for. The "close enough" could apply to Afghan refugees, but not Central American since by and large they are, in fact, not refugees to begin with.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2023, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I posted, "It's why there is a fence around the White House even though (gasp!), yes, it could be tunneled under." You replied to my fence comment, "Yep, Trump's insurrectionists proved government buildings can be breached." So if you were not responding to a fence, what on earth were you responding to in my comment which you copied/pasted? At any rate, your comment illustrated the importance of fences, and I thank you for that.
    I was responding to a similar noun that you used earlier in this thread...a WALL. (The function is similar.)
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2023, 09:54 AM
    a WALL. (The function is similar.)
    Fence...wall. The function, as you say, is the same. Soooooo???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2023, 11:34 AM
    Fence...wall. The function, as you say, is the same. Soooooo???
    Neither keep people out, do they.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2023, 11:39 AM
    People build fences because they work.

Your appeal is basically going like this. "I don't believe in fences, and in support of my argument I appeal to the fact that several thousand people were able to get into the Capitol Building which did not have a fence around it."

Huh?? Even Biden has put fences around his houses. You really think he did that because they don't work??? There is a great move to put fences around schools, and that is because they work. They work in the sense of making security a great deal more manageable. You trot out the standard of perfection, a standard that would render all security efforts illegitimate.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2023, 12:30 PM
    Fences can be scaled, cut, ripped out. Why aren't they??? They work, but not because of the physical fence itself being a barrier.

Your appeal is basically going like this. "I don't believe in fences, and in support of my argument I appeal to the fact that several thousand people were able to get into the Capitol Building which did not have a fence around it."
    Like that peanut butter commercial, you're full of it like Ludacris is.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2023, 01:36 PM
    They work
    Finally you are coming around. That they work WELL is the most obvious thing I can imagine. To fence a large area is expensive. People don't fork out that kind of money because they just like doing it.

Like that peanut butter commercial, you're full of it like Ludacris is.
    Once again, the nasty side of WG reveals itself. It's what you seem to do when you realize you have but little support for the argument you are trying to advance. This time, please don't blame your shortcomings on me. I had nothing to do with it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2023, 02:18 PM
    Finally you are coming around. That they work WELL is the most obvious thing I can imagine. To fence a large area is expensive. People don't fork out that kind of money because they just like doing it.
    In Post #29 I said they work BUT!!!! You're back to your cherry-picking again.

Yes, once again, the nasty side of JL reveals itself. It's what you seem to do when you realize you have but little support for the argument you are trying to advance. This time, please don't blame your shortcomings on me. I had nothing to do with it.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2023, 03:36 PM
    In Post #29 I said they work BUT!!!! You're back to your cherry-picking again.
    Yes, and in post 30 I quoted you. As I said then, I'm glad you've finally come around to reality.

not because of the physical fence itself being a barrier.
    Really? Eight foot chain link with three strands of barbed wire at the top will be a barrier that will stop most people. Twenty foot tall walls with buried foundations at the border would be quite effective. Against everyone? No, but I'd happily settle for a 98% reduction in illegal crossings.

Yes, once again, the nasty side of JL reveals itself. It's what you seem to do when you realize you have but little support for the argument you are trying to advance. This time, please don't blame your shortcomings on me. I had nothing to do with it.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2023, 03:25 AM
    Another Democrat lie has been consigned to the trash heap .They have been blaming the influx of illegals to NYC on Texas Guv Gregg Abbott.

We now know that of the more that 110,000 illegals recent arrivals in the city ,only 13,300 came from the Texas initiative.

After Texas Buses 13,300 Migrants to New York, Mayor Adams Claims They Will “Destroy New York City” | Toby Hazlewood | NewsBreak Original

Mayor Adams keeps blaming Abbott . “It started with a madman down in Texas deciding he wanted to bus people up to New York City,”

Revealed: NYC's migrant crisis will cost the city over $4BN this year (newsbreak.com)

But he knows better . Almost all the new illegals in the city have been transported there by plane or bus by the Federal government.
    I noted this in a post last year that to avoid the publicity ,the administration was using small suburban airports in to fly them in after hours.
    Secret uptick in New York migrant flights (nypost.com)

Adams knows the truth . That is why he has been begging Clueless Joe to do something . But Clueless does not care about the pleadings from a Democrat mayor ;and Guv Hochel appears to be providing cover for the administration.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2023, 05:02 AM
    Almost all the new illegals in the city have been transported there by plane or bus by the Federal government.
    Just unreal. I keep wondering how much longer the American people will allow this insanity to continue.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2023, 05:12 AM
    I have my own thoughts on that and will go into detail when I have more time.

Basically it is explained in 'Animal House'

animal house thank you sir - Google Search
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2023, 04:28 PM
    It's becoming hard to be a democrat. Note this observation from the mayor of El Paso.

"The city of El Paso only has so many resources and we have come to... a breaking point right now," El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser, a Democrat, said at a news conference Saturday.
    Leeser's comments come as El Paso has faced over 2,000 migrants per day crossing the border and seeking asylum in the city, putting a strain on resources and overflowing the available shelter space.
    2,000 a day. Wow.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2023, 03:07 AM
    yes and that is only one crossing point DHS which probably intentionally undercounts said that 7,500 crossers were counted last Sunday alone . They averaged over 4,500/day apprehensions in July . How many were not caught is unknown. Once they cross over the border they are not expelled . They are processed and released leaving towns like El Paso to deal with it .

This is a version of the Cloward -Pickens strategy being utilized by globalists around the world.

How the tide of migration is changing European politics - BBC News

If you do enough ethnic displacement you can destroy western tradition, culture, and faith . They also overwhelm the nation's social safety net with the goal of displacing it with a permanent nanny welfare state .
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2023, 11:46 AM
    Mayor Adams is in a genuine panic mode. The city is looking at needing to spend $3.6 billion a year housing illegals.

With more than 57,300 individuals currently in our care on an average night, it amounts to $9.8 million a day. Almost $300 million a month and nearly $3.6 billion a year."
    Randall's Island migrant shelter to cost NY taxpayers $20M a month -- or $10G for every migrant: source (nypost.com)

I am happy to report that city residents are taking the reality of being a sanctuary city so well

Protest over migrants in NYC turns violent (nbcnews.com)
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2023, 02:27 PM
    It was only a matter of time before it all came out in the open. Don't expect anything to change. They don't care what happens, just as long as people are still willing to listen. Truth no longer has a voice to be heard...but they surely do.
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2023, 04:26 PM
    Mayor Adams is in a genuine panic mode. The city is looking at needing to spend $3.6 billion a year housing illegals.
    Yeah, turns out that "sanctuary city" claim that sounded so liberal and noble is not quite the delight they assumed it would be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Official name for run rails? [ 4 Answers ]

I was in an accident last weekend and although they haven't adjusted it yet, I believe my car was totaled. I was searching for others like it so that I would have a better idea of what money I would need to replace it. So far no other cars like mine was have run rails. Do they have an official name...

It's official, we are at war! [ 9 Answers ]

In a first for Australia we have declared a war on asylum seekers, or is that people smugglers. This has all the dimensions of a storm in a teacup but we have at last admitted the war exists. We have plucked them out of the water, we have sent them back in increasing numbers, we have interned them...

It's official: [ 15 Answers ]

There are no flying saucers in Australia Alien abduction? Defence's X-Files are lost in space So what have we got? The greatest cover up in history or the greatest ****up in history. Even the information that remains only speaks of the distant past in the cold war years. So it's official, ET...

Who determines if something is official [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure what subject to put this under so if this is the wrong place, my apologies. Anyway. I made a fan club for a favorite band of mine. Mine is the first one that was made for them. Well my site was noticed by the band and I got a few messages from them thanking me. Well boom other people...

What are the official [ 1 Answers ]

What are the official incomes of poverty level and middle class and upper class

View more questions Search