Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2023, 06:10 AM
    It's official
    It is now official government policy to give preferential treatment to people who illegally enter the country over those who legally apply for the privilage.

Biden clears way for Venezuelan migrants to get work permits (nypost.com)

Normally it takes weeks to go through the visa and temporary work permit process But the process is already backlogged by LEGAL applicants .
    Green Card Backlog is still huge in July: when will you get your interview? — Immigration Lawyer Blog — July 31, 2023

The new policy by Clueless Joe guarantees that preferential treatment will be given to law breakers.

Meanwhile there is a rate of 2000 illegals crossing over daily just at the Texas Eagle Pass.

Eagle Pass issues disaster declaration as more than 4,000 migrants cross over two days | TPR
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 08:48 AM
    I'm struggling to find reasons as to why any sane person would vote for this guy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 09:04 AM
    Nah. Let's just shoot 'em as they cross the border.

(Read what Kathy Hochul said.)
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 09:06 AM
    Build...the...wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Build...the...wall.
    Nope. Kathy's idea is perfect.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 09:15 AM
    Who is Kathy Kochul?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 09:29 AM
    Who is Kathy Kochul?
    You're kidding, right? Oooops! Oh, yeah. I forgot where you live.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 10:54 AM
    For someone who was supposedly a wheel in a library, you can be awfully nasty and bigoted in NOT answering questions. It seems to be your schtick the past few days.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 11:34 AM
    For someone who was supposedly a wheel in a library, you can be awfully nasty and bigoted in NOT answering questions. It seems to be your schtick the past few days.
    She said with great patience (despite having learned nastiness from JL): please read tom's documentation from the NYPost.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 01:06 PM
    (despite having learned nastiness from JL)
    Isn't it strange how, with you, it is always someone else's fault? Why do liberals have so much trouble in accepting responsibility???

please read tom's documentation from the NYPost.
    Could have just said that from the beginning.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 01:13 PM
    Hochul said, “There’s more work to do as we address this crisis, but the state of New York is prepared to immediately begin the process of signing people up for work authorization and getting them into jobs so they can become self-sufficient.” So the illegal immigrants, as Tom pointed out, will get a leg up on the ones who are taking the legal route. Great idea to reward the law-breakers as opposed to helping those who honor the law. Should we be surprised that this idea comes from a liberal dem governor? And that's to mention the jobs that will be lost for American citizens.

And then there is always a catch.
    “It is critical that Venezuelans understand that those who have arrived here after July 31, 2023, are not eligible for such protection, and instead will be removed when they are found to not have a legal basis to stay,” Mayorkas said.
    If I was a betting man, I'd give you 5-1 that in a year or so, those people will likewise be accomodated.

Build...the...wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 01:27 PM
    Build...the...wall.
    And you're a Christian???

I bet you were screaming when we helped Vietnamese refugees in the '70s.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 01:35 PM
    Christian? Yeah, I object to the fentanyl and other illegal drugs pouring across our southern border which is resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of young Americans every year. I object to the neglect of the rule of law. I object to the human trafficking of women and children coming across our border. I object to the enriching of the Mexican cartels due to our neglect of our border. I object to the many liberals who love to parade around their supposed love of foreign nationals while they are all too happy to let Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Cali bear the brunt of this. I object to the inevitable ingress of terrorists who are, for all we know, waiting for the right time to release their wrath upon innocent American citizens. And I object to the competition for jobs encountered by American citizens for which you seem to care nothing at all. I think you are favor of this since it costs you nothing. It's just moral posturing. So how can any person claim to be a Christian and yet ignore all of that???

Ignore the bleating of the hypocritical liberal sheep. Build...the...wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 02:06 PM
    A wall won't solve those problems. Walls can be scaled, tunneled under, and gone around. There IS a way that will work, though, to control border crossers.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2023, 03:21 PM
    It is critical that Venezuelans understand that those who have arrived here after July 31, 2023, are not eligible for such protection, and instead will be removed when they are found to not have a legal basis to stay,” Mayorkas said.
    Oh I get it . The 2,000 /day invasion at the Eagle Pass will turn around and return to Venezuela because these work permits will no longer be issued ? Mayorkas needs to be impeached and removed from office.

I bet you were screaming when we helped Vietnamese refugees in the '70s.
    These illegal invader trespassers are not refugees .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    These illegal invader trespassers are not refugees .
    Close enough. They need our help.

Why are they coming here in the first place? I'm betting they'd rather stay in their home country.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 04:41 PM
    A wall won't solve those problems. Walls can be scaled, tunneled under, and gone around. There IS a way that will work, though, to control border crossers.
    Please stop with this. It would cut out probably 99% of illegal crossings as soon as finished. If you apply your logic to exterior doors, no one would lock them since, after all, those criminals still manage to get through! Well, it doesn't stop them all, but it sure slows it down a whole lot.

It's why there is a fence around the White House even though (gasp!), yes, it could be tunneled under.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 05:01 PM
    It's why there is a fence around the White House even though (gasp!), yes, it could be tunneled under.
    Yep, Trump's insurrectionists proved government buildings can be breached.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2023, 06:25 PM
    Thank you for making my point for me. There was no fence around the Capitol Building on 1/6.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2023, 07:42 PM
    Breach doesn't necessarily involve fences. I made no point for you. Windows were smashed, offices were trashed. Pooping and peeing idiots were befouling hallway floors and walls inside the Capitol Building. No respect. Just utter stoopidity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Official name for run rails? [ 4 Answers ]

I was in an accident last weekend and although they haven't adjusted it yet, I believe my car was totaled. I was searching for others like it so that I would have a better idea of what money I would need to replace it. So far no other cars like mine was have run rails. Do they have an official name...

It's official, we are at war! [ 9 Answers ]

In a first for Australia we have declared a war on asylum seekers, or is that people smugglers. This has all the dimensions of a storm in a teacup but we have at last admitted the war exists. We have plucked them out of the water, we have sent them back in increasing numbers, we have interned them...

It's official: [ 15 Answers ]

There are no flying saucers in Australia Alien abduction? Defence's X-Files are lost in space So what have we got? The greatest cover up in history or the greatest ****up in history. Even the information that remains only speaks of the distant past in the cold war years. So it's official, ET...

Who determines if something is official [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure what subject to put this under so if this is the wrong place, my apologies. Anyway. I made a fan club for a favorite band of mine. Mine is the first one that was made for them. Well my site was noticed by the band and I got a few messages from them thanking me. Well boom other people...

What are the official [ 1 Answers ]

What are the official incomes of poverty level and middle class and upper class

View more questions Search