Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NerdyShay9912 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    It would depend on the school. Contact them for an answer.
    Ok, I'll do that.Thanks!

Jul 8, 2013, 11:22 PM
    Coed vs. Girls only
    I've been to a coed school my whole life. Been to two primary schools, both coed. And I am currently at a coed school, but I honestly do not like it. I don't mind being around boys but not all the time. I'. Not les or anything but I just can't handle boys, I have been bullied by boys this year and last year, and they make me feel so insecure about myself. So should I go to an only girls school or coed and which would be better??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 01:03 AM
    Depending on the age, and what you consider bullying, girls can and do bully also, sometimes worst than the boys. At some ages, some bullying is actually their way of showing they like you. ( just not enough told here to know what is happening)

If if it bad bully behavior, they are and should be reported and get it to stop.
    Also what is your age, at 12 you may not want boys around, at 16 most likely you will wish the school was full of them

Jul 9, 2013, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    depending on the age, and what you consider bullying, girls can and do bully also, sometimes worst than the boys. At some ages, some bullying is actually their way of showing they like you. ( just not enough told here to know what is happening)

if if it bad bully behavior, they are and should be reported and get it to stop.
    Also what is your age, at 12 you may not want boys around, at 16 most likely you will wish the school was full of them
    I'm 14. And the bullying thing is being dealt with. But in your opinion, which would you think is better, coed or single-sex??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 9, 2013, 01:42 AM
    I don't think there is a 'better,' and that's why both exist. It's a choice. If you have the luxury at 14 of making that choice, that's great.
    Girls only schools have their problems, just as coed schools do. One is that they tend to have events with boy only schools, where both go wild. Parents want their children to be separated from the temptations of sex and don't realize that they are merely fanning the flames.
    It never occurred to me that bullying would be a factor in this decision. Perhaps you could tell us more about it in your case?

Jul 9, 2013, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I don't think there is a 'better,' and that's why both exist. It's a choice. If you have the luxury at 14 of making that choice, that's great.
    Girls only schools have their problems, just as coed schools do. One is that they tend to have events with boy only schools, where both go wild. Parents want their children to be separated from the temptations of sex and don't realize that they are merely fanning the flames.
    It never occurred to me that bullying would be a factor in this decision. Perhaps you could tell us more about it in your case?
    I'd rather not, because what was said is embarrassing... and I don't feel comfortable saying what was done and said... sorry but thanks for the help, I will give my decision a second thought (:
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 9, 2013, 01:59 AM
    OK no problem.
    Another factor is the quality of any given school, coed or not.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 05:55 AM
    There are many advantages to single-sex schools, and while they'e not for everyone if you have the opportunity to look into it I would certainly say it wouldn't hurt to investigate. Are you currently in public school or private? Are there girls-only schools in your area that would make sense and are acadamically on par with your current school? Another option to consider is a different coed school entirely - the culture at different schools can vary quite a bit, so you may find that by moving into a completely different environment the situation improves.

Jul 9, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    There are many advantages to single-sex schools, and while they'e not for everyone if you have the opportunity to look into it I would certainly say it wouldn't hurt to investigate. Are you currently in public school or private? Are there girls-only schools in your area that would make sense and are acadamically on par with your current school? Another option to consider is a different coed school entirely - the culture at different schools can vary quite a bit, so you may find that by moving into a completely different environment the situation improves.
    I am currently at a public school, and the all girls school is academically better than the coed school I am at, they offer more, and the all girls school only cost a bit more it's not even that expensive!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to ask. [ 3 Answers ]

I forgot my lmp, and I'll having a check up this week. I know the nurse will interview me what will I'm going to tell them if when was my lmp?

How to convince parents to move schools? [ 15 Answers ]

I go to Catholic high school and I'm really unhappy there. Even though I have "friends", I feel so excluded and ignored all the time and I hang out by myself in the toilets and library almost every lunch. I've had this problem for more than a year where I break down and cry and resort to self-harm...

I want to ask a question sir if somebody had sex once before marriage but he want to do t [ 4 Answers ]

I want to ask a question sir if somebody had sex once before marriage but he want to do tubba what is the best way of tuba

Are city schools or ruaral schools better? [ 5 Answers ]

Are city schools or ruaral schools better in your opinions? What are the pros and cons for each type?

View more questions Search