Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NerdyShay9912 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
    I really want to change schools
    Ok, so I am currently at a co-ed school, and to be honest I hate it. I'm bullied (not going to put in personal detail) and I'm a so called outcast. I only have one friend at the school, and she's like the popular girl. This school was my first choice of schools but it was because they made the school look nice, but now that I go to the school, I see it's all a trick.

When my parents asked me if I wanted to go to this girls only school I said no because I thought that I wouldn't like girls only, but now I really want to go there, because most of my friends go there and I Just recently made new friends and they go there too. My dad is fine with moving schools but my dad not so much, because we went through a lot to get me in a school. But I really don't like the school I am currently at.

Oh and I'm from S.A so I'm in year 8 (high-school) so I still have 4 and 1/2 years left at this school but was hoping to leave by the end of the year. I'm just not sure how to tell my parents. What should I say?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 07:55 AM
    You need to tell the everything so they see the seriousness. Also mention that your worried if they complain to the school it will only make it worse. Then give them a weekly report or daily if needed
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 08:42 AM
    What will happen when you switch schools and you don't like it there? I don't see anything wrong with the school you attend, other than the bullying, which should be reported ASAP.

Jul 6, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    What will happen when you switch schools and you don't like it there? I don't see anything wrong with the school you attend, other than the bullying, which should be reported ASAP.
    I know and I have thought of that,I already have made friends at that school, a teacher got high in the classroom and the afrikaans teacher threw a pen at one of the students because he would'nt keep quiet, you're forced to do sports and they took away break detention, to only Friday detentions after school
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 09:14 AM
    So SA means South Africa? And you are white in a private school?
    Education Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdyShay9912 View Post
    I know and I have thought of that,I already have made friends at that school, a teacher got high in the classroom and the afrikaans teacher threw a pen at one of the students because he would'nt keep quiet, you're forced to do sports and they took away break detention, to only friday detentions after school
    Why are you worried about the time detentions are served? Have you been in trouble?

Jul 6, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Why are you worried about the time detentions are served? Have you been in trouble?
    First off who wants to go to detention on a Friday? And second off each time you don't wear your name badge(lost it) or the correct socks, yep socks, you get a demerit, and 3 demerits gets you a detention...
    Education Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 10:28 AM
    First off who wants to go to detention on a friday? And second off each time you don't wear your name badge(lost it) or the correct socks, yep socks, you get a demerit, and 3 demerits gets you a detention...
    That sounds like my school. 3 uniform infractions and you are kicked out. Friday detentions are intended to punish you. So, how about following the rules?

Jul 6, 2013, 10:33 AM
    That sounds like my school. 3 uniform infractions and you are kicked out. Friday detentions are intended to punish you. So, how about following the rules?
    It's not my fault when my badge gets stolen, people at my school just randomly take your badge when your not looking, but OK... And I do follow the rules
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 10:36 AM
    It's not my fault when my badge gets stolen, people at my school just randomly take your badge when your not lookin, but ok... And I do follow the rules
    How can they take your badge if it's pinned onto your shirt or blouse? If they hold you down and unpin it or otherwise steal it, report them to the school authorities.

What about the socks?

Jul 6, 2013, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How can they take your badge if it's pinned onto your shirt or blouse? If they hold you down and unpin it or otherwise steal it, report them to the school authorities.

What about the socks?
    You have to wear brown socks with your pants and I only have 2 pairs, and I'm not wearing the same socks for 2 days straight that's gross, so yah... but it's fine so yah...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:00 AM
    You have to wear brown socks with your pants and I only have 2 pairs, and I'm not wearing the same socks for 2 days straight that's gross, so yah...but it's fine so yah....
    There are five school days in a week. Why do you have only two pairs of socks?

The "yah" tells me why you are having problems.

Jul 6, 2013, 11:03 AM
    There are five school days in a week. Why do you have only two pairs of socks?

The "yah" tells me why you are having problems.

I have to pairs of socks because they're those weird brown expensive ones, and I would'nt say I have problems... (:
    Education Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:12 AM
    I have to pairs of socks because they're those weird brown expensive ones, and I would'nt say I have problems...(:
    You ask your parents to get you more socks and go with them to pick them out. These are silly reasons to get into trouble. If you were my child, I'd make you stay. You'll find another reason to leave the new school, I bet.

Jul 6, 2013, 11:17 AM
    You ask your parents to get you more socks and go with them to pick them out. These are silly reasons to get into trouble. If you were my child, I'd make you stay. You'll find another reason to leave the new school, I bet.
    It's not about the socks, I don't intend to be mean but I'm not your child, and if you were in my shoes you would want to move, I've been bullied in primary school and the fact that I'm going to have to go through more years of bullying sucks, I told a teacher but she sent me to counselling and the bullying hasn't been resolved... So just forget it!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:19 AM
    It's not about the socks, I don't intend to be mean but I'm not your child, and if you were in my shoes you would want to move, I've been bullied in primary school and the fact that I'm going to have to go through more years of bullying sucks, I told a teacher but she sent me to counselling and the bullying hasn't been resolved... So just forget it!!!
    If I were in your shoes, I would make sure I have more socks! You mentioned the badge and the socks as two reasons you got into trouble.

Why isn't the bullying being resolved?

Jul 6, 2013, 11:23 AM
    If I were in your shoes, I would make sure I have more socks! You mentioned the badge and the socks as two reasons you got into trouble.

Why isn't the bullying being resolved?
    I said that's how you could get into trouble, I didn't, and I don't know why the bullying isn't being resolved, go ask my grade head or my counsellor!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:27 AM
    I said that's how you could get into trouble, I didn't, and I don't know why the bullying isn't being resolved, go ask my grade head or my counsellor!!!
    You said students take your badge and you get into trouble for not having one. You said you have only two pair of the correct color socks and have gotten into trouble for not wearing the right color.

So there is still bullying going on? Like what?

Jul 8, 2013, 10:41 PM
    Can I apply in July??
    Ok so, I was wondering if I could apply to a school even though I didn't go to the open day, it's July now, so can I still apply??
    Education Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 10:46 PM
    It would depend on the school. Contact them for an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to ask. [ 3 Answers ]

I forgot my lmp, and I'll having a check up this week. I know the nurse will interview me what will I'm going to tell them if when was my lmp?

How to convince parents to move schools? [ 15 Answers ]

I go to Catholic high school and I'm really unhappy there. Even though I have "friends", I feel so excluded and ignored all the time and I hang out by myself in the toilets and library almost every lunch. I've had this problem for more than a year where I break down and cry and resort to self-harm...

I want to ask a question sir if somebody had sex once before marriage but he want to do t [ 4 Answers ]

I want to ask a question sir if somebody had sex once before marriage but he want to do tubba what is the best way of tuba

Are city schools or ruaral schools better? [ 5 Answers ]

Are city schools or ruaral schools better in your opinions? What are the pros and cons for each type?

View more questions Search