Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Depending on the parenting these teens get (not much, it seems), you might be doing them a huge favor. Even if you grabbed a few of them and handed out homemade brownies or cookies and engaged them in a brief conversation, that might make a world of difference. (Give the treats to ALL the kids, so the teens don't think you are poisoning them.)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Lol. Poisoning, indeed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Or lacing the brownies with Ex-Lax...
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
    I've done that to work thieves before... but it clearly stated it on the label right next to my name, had they read It...
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    ... They spit and yell and throw trash at the dogs in the courts (who stay in their own yards, might I add) and some even jump up on cars or mailboxes when the dogs go out into the yard to use the restroom, even though they are fenced or leashed. ...
    Well trained dogs. I have never been able to train a dog to use a restroom. But what is the restroom doing in the yard? :)

Seriously, consider chaining the baskeball net to something immovable, using a padlock, so it is on your property when not being used. And then post a sign prohibiting trespassing. If these kids want to use your net they, or their parents, wll have to talk to you and come to an understanding.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Thanks, AK. I appreciate it... and I could've typed the words I was really thinking, but I try to keep my pirate's mouth out of public spaces :) LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tv children series about two kids and three dwarfs [ 0 Answers ]

It was a children TV series two little kids one boy n girl meet with three little dwarfs and bring them to their room and hide those dwarfs to from their parents

Best friend constantly screaming and cursing at her children. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I have a bit of a dilemma. I feel bad writing or even thinking about this but here goes: I have been friends with my best friend for about 13 years. We are both just over 30 years old. My best friend has been divorced for about 2 years now and she has two kids that she has primary custody of....

Children and Cursing [ 12 Answers ]

I was in the verizon store the other day and I saw a child who couldn't have been any more than maybe 8 trip and fall on her butt and say damnit that hurts... well the mother smacked the kid and told her you are not to say that its inappropriate but then 5 min later she turns to the sales person...

Cursing at children, how to talk about it [ 1 Answers ]

I love my daughter-in-law very much. She has her demons. I think we all do. When she feels ill or she's very stressed and tired she will use curse words with the children that makes me cringe. I'd like to talk to her about it, but I don't even know how to start without sounding like a know it all...

View more questions Search