Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahay19 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
    What does being popular mean to you? And what is it that you would like to be popular for. The people you are choosing to judge are the "whores and and huuuge attention craving drama loving stuck up preppy *****es". I am going to guess that you are not wanting to be one of those people considering that you are talking down on them, if you wanted to be popular you can just do what they do. So... what is it that you would like to be known for? In high school, which was not too long ago for me, I was pretty popular because I knew everyone, and everyone knew me because of my grades (not the highest but pretty high) and for being a good friend.

Good Luck,
    JaviI would like to be popular because I'd like to be well known for something good , and have lots of friends. But sadly I guess that isn't how it works these days? :S because I am a very good friend to the ones I have, I actually do have the highest average , I'm good at sports and stuff but yet still I'm not thaat popular
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
    I'm guessing you are more popular than you realize. I don't know what you consider "popular," but being a good friend who listens well and laughs at jokes sounds awfully popular to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 03:01 PM
    I would rather not be popular then be a person who has lowered their values.

It is amazing, that the boys will meet the girls in the back of school for some fast sex, or date them often in high school, but they are never the ones that end up with the boys that get the higher paying jobs and the ones that advance in their lives normally as adults.

So every guy does not want to ask you out, since it is not easy sex, does it really matter ?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ahay19 View Post
    well people that sleep around at like age 14 are whores I'm afraid. and I know alot of them really well , enough to know that they love their attention and drama. & they are very concerned wit their looks and "preppy" I KNOW these people so I can tell you these things for a fact. You don't KNOW me! so you can't say anything
    You don't know me either.

Are you friends with these whores and preppies, or do you just know and hate them all?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Well, as a preppie, smart (7th in class college scholarship), band and chess club geek, who had great friends, and was in high school less than ten years ago, I have to agree with slapshot and say that it may be you. If you come across as arrogant in person as you do online, I wouldn't want to be friends with you. If you hate these people so much that you would call them names, why do you want what they have, popularity. You almost sound jealous.

Bottom line. High school doesn't matter. Popularity doesn't matter. It really is overrated to be surrounded by people who know nothing about who you really are. I will admit that high school is much easier being popular and feeling loved and accepted by others, but unless you feel that same love and acceptance for yourself, you won't be happy. It was much better to graduate being happy with who I am than being happy about what other people thought of me. And, honestly, happy confident people are the kind that other people want to be around.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Don't your friends already know you for being a good friend and for having the highest grade in the class, and doesn't the rest of the school know who the top of the class is? I don't understand where you problem with popularity is... Maybe YOU are not the one that is giving you enough credit for the things that you have already accomplished, and if you are looking for more credit you can always pick up hobbies that help the community, like community service.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Then, you will not only be popular in your school, but also within other population of your community as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is sanskrt so popular ? [ 4 Answers ]

Why do you want all this translatons on sanskrt ? I would understand that if you are indians but this is puzzeling me ? Why do you fund sanskrt so attractive ?

Which is the most popular Blog now ? [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to Blogging. Can someone tell me : 1- Which is the most popular blog at present time ? 2- How to join ? The methods and conditions ? Tks in advance !

Popular? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, here I go I have been in the same extracurriculars with all the popular people.They have always been nice to me, but lately they have included me more.One girl I have known forever, and we friends.Another was unpopular then became populatr, so she is my good friend.More are nice, and some...

View more questions Search