Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apheliona Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jan 31, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I recently split up with an abusive husband. I went to a shelter first. It was really important to me to talk with other abused wives and I did a lot of reading about abuse. Emotional abuse is particularly difficult, as it can be difficult to draw a line sometimes. I would recommend going to a shelter, and even if you don't leave immediately, you should have a safety plan. I saved money, packed a bag, opened a separate secret bank account and prepared. If you do think leaving is likely, it helps to call the police during a violence episode. They arrested my husband, put a protective order out there, so he could not come back to the house (without fear of prison). It gave me time to get everything together that I needed.
    Salt Shaker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Hey Scared to death,

I was in the same situation you are in about six years ago. My ex-husband did the same thing to me except we didn't have any pets. But everything else was the same. When I was reading your story I was like "Oh my gosh this sounded just like my situation". Girl the best thing you can do is leave him. HE'S NOT WORTH IT, trust me. When he's not home one day, just pack your stuff and leave. Leave all the furnishings. Just get your personal belongings like your clothes and special things and go. Remember you can always buy new stuff but you can't buy your life back if your dead.

Your family will always welcome you back. 8-)

Take care
    Salt Shaker
    Cb1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
    What makes a woman stay with an abusive husband or lover?

What makes a woman take crap from a lover or a boyfriend?

What makes a woman know for sure that a husband or a boyfriend needs some psychotherapy but she still stays and takes all the bull****?

1.Is it because she in loves?

2.Is it because the woman has no self worth?

3. Is it because she has been brought up to be somebodies door mat or to take crap from others?

4. Is it because she does not tell people how to treat her?

5.Is it because she is used to letting people have their way with her?

6.Is it because she is afraid?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Well it's been a little over a month. I hope this woman and her animals are safe. I hope she took the first steps to recovering and got out. I wish she would update us so we know but if she doesn't have access to a computer but in a safe place I'd understand and I hope that's what happened.

This is one of the most tragic stories I've read here at this site. Most people are getting used by there significant other or breaking up and need advice but in due time it will all work out. This woman needs a complete overhaul of her life. She had the strength to come here and get confirmation so you know she's got strength to leave. To all women (and even to men) in this situation it blows me away when I hear the excuse "I don't have the strength." If you've got the strength to stay and put up with the abuse you've got enough strength to leave and find happiness somewhere else.

It's guys like that coward husband of hers who make me wonder why nice guys really never get the real chance. There are high quality, hard working real men that would give anything to have a woman he can trust and value then you have complete tools like this loser who is such a tough dude he picks a fight with a rabbit.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
    He threatens you with Divorce? Sounds like a good escape plan to me. Leave this loser, you already know he is abusive, loving husbands don't make you feel threatened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive 18 Year Old [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter turned 18 this year and in the month prior to her birthday, my former husband kicked her out of his house (due to her mouth) and she went to live with a girlfriend 2 hours away so she could go to school.Within 6 days my daughter called and wanted to come home to live with me. Fine. She...

HELP... is this abusive? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all... I am just wondering when parenting is parenting and when it becomes abusive. When is it reportable? Here's what's going on: -no swearing -no name calling -no sexual abuse -no physical abuse

Is this abusive [ 23 Answers ]

Dear people, I have got a serious problem I sometimes really wonder my my father's behaviour is abusive. Although there is no form of physical abuse, he does get mad and has tempertantrums on a regular basis, like daily or weekly. Shouting, Yelling, Criticizing, Interfering with everything we...

Is the following abusive... [ 15 Answers ]

Is the following abusive... 1) name-calling, swearing, screaming, criticizing, threatening 2)digging nails, choking (very lightly from the back of your neck and you can still breathe), hitting, biting, slapping, and then saying that hurting is legal It's too bad I have a lawyer as a...

Abusive relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I'm currently in an abusive relationship... you see my man (we'll just call him kreep) is a very very jealous and controlling guy. Since we've been together, all it has been was him being decieving... he has cheated on me,from what I know a total of 3 times... 2 with two different so called friends...

View more questions Search