Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daybright41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Let me just say I work in the field of domestic violence and I found myself with a socialpath and yes I had "that gut feeling" and I just kept trying to figure out how to help him. It took me a year of safety planning and figuring out the best way to do it with minimal damage to me and my son (not his) I was with him for 5 years and I was seeking counseling for emotional abuse and my friends came to me and said get out (I had kicked him out of my house 6 months prior to this last incident) he is going to hit you.. When I kicked him out in May he didn't want it to end so he wanted to go to counseling with me to get help for us. I found quickly in counseling that he was trying to get the counselor to see me as crazy and not him.. thank god I was already seeing the counselor so I had a base with him before he started going with me. He punched me because I wanted him to be held accountable and I got punched! I thank god everyday for that punch because yes I had him arrested, a gps teether put on him and currently have a personal protection order. He got two years probation, therapy and has to be tested weekly for drugs and alcohol even those factors weren't used in the attack. If he had never punched me, I don't know if I could have gotten away from him because you need to understand socialpaths do not "release" you until THEY are ready to let you go and they will do everything from conning, manipulating, cheating, lying, abusing before they let you go... So please don't judge us we are not victims we are survivors who survived a social path, because it is not black and white with them when leaving them that is when you are in the most dangerous situation... Please find shelter, get rid of your phone number, change residence.. yes you have to change your whole life to get away from them, because if a socialpath still feels that he needs something from you and you are his "supplier of his needs and wants" he won't stop, you give him no reason too.. MCAT if you need to get ahold of me please do I have a lot of matrial on this topic and I can help you with a safety plan... god bless...
    daybright41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Let me just say I work in the field of domestic violence and I found myself with a socialpath and yes I had "that gut feeling" and I just kept trying to figure out how to help him. It took me a year of safety planning and figuring out the best way to do it with minimal damage to me and my son (not his) I was with him for 5 years and I was seeking counseling for emotional abuse and my friends came to me and said get out (I had kicked him out of my house 6 months prior to this last incident) he is going to hit you.. When I kicked him out in May he didn't want it to end so he wanted to go to counseling with me to get help for us. I found quickly in counseling that he was trying to get the counselor to see me as crazy and not him.. thank god I was already seeing the counselor so I had a base with him before he started going with me. He punched me because I wanted him to be held accountable and I got punched! I thank god everyday for that punch because yes I had him arrested, a gps teether put on him and currently have a personal protection order. He got two years probation, therapy and has to be tested weekly for drugs and alcohol even those factors weren't used in the attack. If he had never punched me, I don't know if I could have gotten away from him because you need to understand socialpaths do not "release" you until THEY are ready to let you go and they will do everything from conning, manipulating, cheating, lying, abusing before they let you go... So please don't judge us we are not victims we are survivors who survived a social path, because it is not black and white with them when leaving them that is when you are in the most dangerous situation... Please find shelter, get rid of your phone number, change residence.. yes you have to change your whole life to get away from them, because if a socialpath still feels that he needs something from you and you are his "supplier of his needs and wants" he won't stop, you give him no reason too.. MCAT if you need to get ahold of me please do I have a lot of matrial on this topic and I can help you with a safety plan... god bless...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I live with this man forever? [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently engaged to my fiancé of 1 year and am beginning to wonder if I can live with this stubborn man for the rest of my life. The most recent altercation was only a few hours ago. Let me give a little background first: We are both students in a graduate program living together. I am...

Discovered lump on right of penis mid hight [ 2 Answers ]

I have descovered a lump on my penis its about half way more to the bottom right? I had been having sex a fair bit a while ago but when apart from partner I resulted to masturbation for release. Since a couple of days ago a lump has apeared and I do fear the worst as I have never discovered...

How to live n why to live [ 19 Answers ]

Dear all, I'm a indian married women.When I was 12yrs old.a guy from my school(who was senior to me) approched me for friendship.I was very studies that time and I was from a conservative family.and the worst thing is that I am a coward person.I don't have courage to do anything.I...

What to do, how to live [ 8 Answers ]

See attachment

View more questions Search