Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 09:00 AM

He could have just been flirting with you and that was it. Doesn't mean anything, just flirting.
    He knows how to reach you if he wants to.

I'd just leave it alone. If he contacts you, take it from there, otherwise he is just someone you know.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 09:43 AM

OK, OK... this is getting too much. How old are you?
    Don't let this guy ruin your day. You both sound normal and just figuring things out it in life...

If you want to try something for fun, here goes:
    Don't pay ANY attention to him. Focus on another guy.
    See if he comes around or you catch him looking.
    If he joins in then in a bit smile and compliment him and walk away.
    It's basic flirting maneuvers. If he pays attention after you ignore him again then he may be just shy and you may just have to say: are you going to just sit there or are you going to ask me out? See if he blushes... smile. Say you are just kidding and have fun... if he still can't do it he's not ready to date you - or maybe anyone...

Go find a new guy to focus on.

Cheers

A
    Spontaneouslemon Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    ok, ok.....this is getting too much. how old are you?
    don't let this guy ruin your day. you both sound normal and just figuring things out it in life...

If you wanna try something for fun, here goes:
    Don't pay ANY attention to him. Focus on another guy.
    See if he comes around or you catch him looking.
    If he joins in then in a bit smile and compliment him and walk away.
    It's basic flirting maneuvers. If he pays attention after you ignore him again then he may be just shy and you may just have to say: are you going to just sit there or are you going to ask me out? see if he blushes...smile. say you are just kidding and have fun...if he still can't do it he's not ready to date you - or maybe anyone....

go find a new guy to focus on.

cheers

A
    Ash I love this, thank you haha. I'm 21, and I believe he's in his mid- to late- twenties. Which I find a little questionable if he is playing games with me at that age. Although many of my guy friends (who are good people.. ) say that practically all guys play games, especially if they really want to land a girl (true or false?). I just don't know if this is a game he's playing, or if he just isn't interested anymore? I have to say I wasn't as creative about the conversation as I usually am, but it didn't seem like he was making a great effort that night so it made me not want to engage in a good conversation with him.
    Just for kicks though, if a guy is interested in a girl, could a few moments of bad conversation ruin his view of her? Or if things turn sour after a couple of minutes of interacting, could that be enough for him to run for the hills?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spontaneouslemon View Post
    Ash I love this, thank you haha. I'm 21, and I believe he's in his mid- to late- twenties. Which I find a little questionable if he is playing games with me at that age. Although many of my guy friends (who are good people..) say that practically all guys play games, especially if they really want to land a girl (true or false?). I just don't know if this is a game he's playing, or if he just isn't interested anymore?? I have to say I wasn't as creative about the conversation as I usually am, but it didn't seem like he was making a great effort that night so it made me not want to engage in a good conversation with him.
    Just for kicks though, if a guy is interested in a girl, could a few moments of bad convo ruin his view of her? Or if things turn sour after a couple of minutes of interacting, could that be enough for him to run for the hills??
    You are overthinking it. In fact, I am not sure a guy in mid 20's cares about the conversation as much as you think. Insecurity on your part if cute but can also make guys go away if you do not enjoy yourself more. If he likes you, you will know... he will come around. Make him work. Stop trying to please... if he does. Cool. If not, cool. I know it's hard to believe but just be nice when he is around and don't try so hard. In fact, take control. Ask him to get you a drink next time he comes around... thank him for the drink and then chat...

Have fun!

He is young!! I know, hard to believe, but in the big world he is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 10:40 AM

The simplest explanations are the best. Its very possible he has an interest, but no more than he has in others, and wants his options open, and what guy brings another girl to a party, and then ignores her for someone else?

Whatever the case, I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over what he does, or what he wants, and his interest if any, has nothing to do with you, but all about his options.

You think the new kid on the block just latches on someone to keep him company? No, if he is smart, he checks them all out before he makes a move.

That's why you don't put more thought in this, and don't dwell on what the hecks, because this is a stranger you know NOTHING about, doing his thing. Only he knows what that is, and as I tell the guys, don't assume, or presume anything without facts. Even if you have to wait for them, so I tell you the same thing.

In the meantime do your thing, and make the most of YOUR options, and opportunities, and enjoy it.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 21, 2010, 09:36 PM

I think he was maybe just window shopping, some guys like to have the attention of women but it doesn't mean he's wants to take it any further.

He could have just been being friendly, perhaps he's got a wife and kids some place, if he wanted your phone number he would have asked for it plus I think if he was interested he would have let you know on fb.

I think you're seeing much more into this than is actually there.

If you see him again, don't pay that much attention to him, if he wants to go further hell let you know, and try not to appear needy, Men prefer or most then strong capable women. It gives them a challenge.

They don't enjoy it when women fall all over them until they're ready.

Play it by ear as they say...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number?

A number from 17 to 15 is drawn at random.p(an even number) express the probability a [ 1 Answers ]

a number from 17 to 15 is drawn at random.p(an even number) express the probability as a fraction

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search