Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 6, 2010, 05:04 PM

You will not look like a fool by deleting him. You are being foolish right now. No one cares who your friends on Facebook are, unless you are in Junior High... how old are you?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 10:48 PM

Um, don't you look more like you can't get over him if you don't delete and BLOCK him?
    blowe Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 01:40 PM

Seems like your kind of obsessing over something that should be somewhat minor... you seem like you already know what you "should" do but your more worried about how he would feel. Just delete him... if he asks just go back to "hey I realized I needed some space to get over you. It's mature and classy and projects strength as long as you don't whine with a take me back look when you say it.

Just wondering have you checked more than once since you added him who he's talking to and what's new etc... maybe this isn't at all about him, but about you learning to let go and move on.
    nikkianne1423 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Terrible emotional problems involving my ex
    I am beginning to think I have some terrible emotional problems involving my ex. Every time I begin to get better, feeling fine, knowing I can live without him he creeps back in. He did this to me over the summer and gave me false hope that we would get back together. How much he missed me, cared about me and how he had never met anyone like me. I really thought we had something going until we would hangout and just end up fooling around, I found out he was doing this with another girl as well and I basically told him off. I thought I was starting the healing process over but instead a few weeks later we were in the same spot. We never talk. The last time I talked to him it was very casual he had asked if I hated him and I said I didn't because it took too much energy. I was very nice and tried to be friendly. We then stopped talking again, which I am used too and know it is better it just gets hard. He texted me about a week ago and I never said anything to him, problem is he has a girlfriend and he seems very happy. I want him to be happy but he's been dating her for almost a month. Which is past his usual 2 weeks and seems to care about her a lot. She's younger, and just seems better then me. I'm not sure what to do because I still want him and care about him... a lot. I need to get over it, I understand but I never know how to. He was my first love. I think I just got so used to having him come back and now I don't think he will. What should I do?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkianne1423 View Post
    I am beginning to think I have some terrible emotional problems involving my ex. Every time I begin to get better, feeling fine, knowing I can live without him he creeps back in. He did this to me over the summer and gave me false hope that we would get back together. How much he missed me, cared about me and how he had never met anyone like me. I really thought we had something going until we would hangout and just end up fooling around, I found out he was doing this with another girl as well and I basically told him off. I thought I was starting the healing process over but instead a few weeks later we were in the same spot. We never talk. The last time I talked to him it was very casual he had asked if I hated him and I said I didn't because it took too much energy. I was very nice and tried to be friendly. We then stopped talking again, which I am used too and know it is better it just gets hard. He texted me about a week ago and I never said anything to him, problem is he has a girlfriend and he seems very happy. I want him to be happy but he's been dating her for almost a month. which is past his usual 2 weeks and seems to care about her a lot. Shes younger, and just seems better then me. I'm not sure what to do because I still want him and care about him.....a lot. I need to get over it, I understand but I never know how to. He was my first love. I think I just got so used to having him come back and now I don't think he will. What should I do?

Leave him alone is what you should do.

I wouldn't take any of his texts/phone calls, nothing.

I realize that he was your first love as he won't be the last... Trust me on that one.

Go NC. Let him fade out of your life and start to focus on yourself.

In time you will meet another and this will all just be a faded memory.

Good Luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 07:04 AM

Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread.

I think basically your problem is your still emotionally attached to him, (happens a lot when you break up, and still have to see them a lot) and have way too much thinking about his business, and what he does. Even after a break up, and a year has passed you still have had enough contact with him to keep the feelings stirred up, and the wounds fresh. Much better if you would not be so distracted, and have your own thing to do that doesn't involve him. Hey, healing can be a long slow process, but you have to keep going and leave the exes alone. That's what NC is all about. Work on what makes you happy, because he sure is.
    nikkianne1423 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Pathetic.
    I really do feel pathetic. I have been on and off with my ex for years and it hurts to see him in a longer relationship. I'm scared because I feel like I have finally been replaced. I know I am better off without him, we seem to just be different people now, leading different paths but I still yearn to be with him and be in his life. It also is not fun that I am still in school and am forced to see him and his friends, who all idolize him. I feel like he hates me and it hurts. I really do want to get over it but I feel pathetic that I really can't because I believe he will come back like he always does. Help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search