Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evilin Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 09:09 PM

We'll now were going to court. Grandfather is claiming that we:
    1. occasional withheld visitation
    2. he had difficulty arranging visitation (because they would hand up on me if I answered the phone)
    3. Regular and consistent visitation would be in the best interests of the child and would not harm the parent-child relationship.
    4. Regular and consistent visitation would be beneficial for the grandfather and the parents.

And then he signed at the bottom stating that under penalties of perjury the foregoing representations are true.

None of this is true at all. We have an appointment with our attorney at the beginning of February with the court date to follow on the 23rd. Wish us luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2010, 06:53 AM

The question is whether you can prove any or all are untrue. Have you kept a record of all visits and calls?

As for points 3 and 4, you tell the judge that you agree with those point. That you have been providing one day a week visits.

Jan 23, 2010, 11:53 AM

Thank you Scott. I see your point. We have kept track of the days the grandfather used or did not use. However, I did not keep track of the phone calls. When I did get hung up on, I would *69 it and it always came up as one of his numbers. We can't figure out why he is just trying to modify the existing court order instead of suing us with a violation of a court order.

Jan 26, 2010, 09:48 PM

I was wondering... is it possible for my husband and I to give court ordered visitation to our parents? In Indiana, the only way they can sue us for visitation if one of us dies or we divorce. Hopefully neither one will happen anytime soon. It's a strange question, I know, but we feel our parents are entitled to just as much as any other grandparent. And now the other 4 sets of gp's are very worried that the time that we have given them will be taken if the maternal grandfather is given more visitation time. I've tried looking it up and I can't find anything on it.

Jan 27, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilin View Post
    is it possible for my husband and I to give court ordered visitation to our parents?
    You can't give "court ordered visitation" to someone, only a court can. But You can let YOUR child visit with anyone you want at any time you want.

Feb 1, 2010, 11:24 AM

So, what should I do then... tell the other gps to lawyer up and meet us in court to get their rights?

Feb 1, 2010, 11:32 AM

The only issue with you letting the other GPs see the child is what the problem GP does. If you treat all of them fairly given them equal time, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparent adoption [ 2 Answers ]

My son an his wife are there 2nd child in march they have a 16 month old now. This has been very stressful for the mother she thought of abortion but decided against it. She feels she can't care for both baby's an want to give the new born up for adoption. My son has hoped she would have a change...

Grandparent adoption over biological fathers objection [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NYS and am 21. Currently I am 5 mo. Pregnant and want to have my mother adopt my new born. (My mother FYI is an employed case worker, no reports on the SCR - does not use drugs or alcohol etc. ) The biological father is 23 and is incarcerated currently pending trial for 3 felonies. He...

Adoption by biological parent after rights terminated [ 1 Answers ]

After my parental rights were terminated in 2001. The family who adopted my child wishes to relinquish custody. Which method do I use to adopt? Adoption by a Relative or Independent adoption, I have noticed both methods use the very same paperwork except the Indepent uses a preassessment form, any...

Ending grandparent visitation through adoption [ 27 Answers ]

Hello! I live in Indiana and my biological mother has court ordered visitation rights with my 7 year old daughter. She has had these rights for about a year. My question is if I get adopted by another person, not related to me, and all of my mother's parental rights are terminated, which in turn...

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

View more questions Search