Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmama01 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Apr 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    Keep taking her back for contempt of the court order. After a while, they will probably grant him custody if she keeps breaking the courts decisions and if that's what he wants. Let me ask you something, what would you like to see happen?
    Why would I be on here for advice if I didn't want her to be part of his life. Every gift we've given her, she has taken it back for money. It's really sad to hear the girl tell us this. I mean we want to be part of her life, but she makes it so complicated. We don't have money to hire an attorney and keep taking her back to court. What other solution do we have that doesn't require a lot of money?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 24, 2009, 11:27 PM
    You don't necessarily need a lot of money to fight her contempt. Look into legal aide, or see if you can file a complaint of contempt with the court yourselves. This girls mother doesn't sound too reasonable, but at the same time, I don't know all sides of the story. That's for the courts to decide. Now, the issue at hand is whether you and especially your husband is dedicated to this child or not. If he is, he will find a way and do what is necessary. If not, he will give into excuses and give up his child.
    Iam simply coming from a standpoint of experience here. I have three children with my ex, and yes, she is a pain at times too. She has played her little games with me, she even offered to hire an attorney with her boyfriend so as I could sign my rights off to them and not have to pay child support anymore. Well it took me about a split second to tell her where to go. I will never give up on my children no matter what I go through. I've taken her in for contempt before, and she was told if she violates the order one more time, she will lose any custody rights she has with them. She can play all the games she wants, but she won't get over on the law.
    mrsmama01 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    -

Apr 25, 2009, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    You don't necessarily need alot of money to fight her contempt. Look into legal aide, or see if you can file a complaint of contempt with the court yourselves. This girls mother doesn't sound too reasonable, but at the same time, I don't know all sides of the story. That's for the courts to decide. Now, the issue at hand is whether you and especially your husband is dedicated to this child or not. If he is, he will find a way and do what is necessary. If not, he will give into excuses and give up his child.
    Iam simply coming from a standpoint of experience here. I have three children with my ex, and yes, she is a pain at times too. She has played her little games with me, she even offered to hire an attorney with her boyfriend so as I could sign my rights off to them and not have to pay child support anymore. Well it took me about a split second to tell her where to go. I will never give up on my children no matter what I go through. I've taken her in for contempt before, and she was told if she violates the order one more time, she will lose any custody rights she has with them. She can play all the games she wants, but she won't get over on the law.
    Well the other thing is the mother is now married with two other kids. She wants him to sign off his rights, but also want to get him for child abandonment, which I don't understand. He's always pay his child support faithfully. She says she doesn't need him for anything. He also hasn't been in contact with the child for a while. How should he deal with this now?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmama01 View Post
    Well the other thing is the mother is now married with two other kids. She wants him to sign off his rights, but also want to get him for child abandonment, which I don't understand. He's always pay his child support faithfully. She says she doesn't need him for anything. He also hasn't been in contact with the child for a while. How should he deal with this now?

She's just trying to suck every bit of money out of him and generally make his life hell.

You NEED to file for contempt.

She will have no choice but to allow visitation.

If she continues to violate a court order then custody can be taken away from her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmama01 View Post
    He needs to write down all the dates he tried to see her or was suppose to see her and the mother refused. He needs to prove that it was her that prevented him from seeing his daughter. Prove to the court that she was trying to make it appear that he was not spending time with her by her games.
    Signing papers to do away with his rights will only make his daughter think he didn't want anything to do with her in the long run.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 08:36 AM
    As long as there is a possibility that he can establish a relationship with his daughter, then he is making a big mistake in signing away his rights.

As to allowing her to move to another country, that will essentially accomplish the same thing, because he may face so many hurdles in establishing a long distance relationship it would be impossible. Again, it is a mistake to allow that to happen.

Because he is her legal father, he has legal rights. He needs to exercise those rights for all the right reasons.

This has nothing to do with what he wants, or his baby's mother, or his current situation.

This is to do with a child that should have an active father in her life. It's not optional.

I hope he steps up and makes that happen.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 10:20 AM

He can't signs his rights away so that option is thrown out the window.

Sorry he is going through this but I feel more sorry for the child because the mother is using her as a pawn. The child is the only one that loses.

This is why you have to be careful who you have a child with. The only thing I can suggest is to get a good lawyer and go back to court. This is his child and he shouldn't give up because the mother is acting childish. As a father he has rights no matter what the mother say or do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2009, 06:13 AM

Troll, multiple user names, posts have either been closed or deleted
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2009, 06:14 AM

Troll, closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby mama drama [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my current BF for 6 months, as soon as we got together he told me about a child he was expecting with another woman which he wanted nothing to do with as he had felt tricked into it.They had agreed that this would be the case. There is a long story behind this, but to cut it...

Baby Mama Drama - What Do I Do? [ 5 Answers ]

So I had been dating this guy for about 8 months... we decided to take a little break, and we split amicably but remained in contact. We both told each other that we still loved each other and wanted to work things out eventually... we ended up deciding mutually after a month or so that we were...

Baby mama drama [ 2 Answers ]

HUMMMMH... Okay I need advice on some baby mama drama you guys... I've been dealing with this guy for the last 5 months and I must say that me and hiim went through about a year worht of relationship in that short amount of time... I came into the relationship knowing that he had a baby...

Baby Mama Drama! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, if this is in the wrong forum... please move it for me! Thanks So my boyfriend of over a year has a 2 year old son. The mother of his child has on many occasions acted crazy since he left her. A few examples of her behavior: Showing up at his apartment drunk, threatening to kill herself....

Baby mama drama [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know is it possible for a mother to go to child support office and ask for more child support money when she is already getting a good amount of money. And is it possible for her to tell the court she want the father to stop seeing the kids even if he's paying child support. He is a...

View more questions Search