Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 22, 2008, 12:16 AM
    I have two big problems with this. Number 1 she is 16. The other is she has gotten out of an abusive relationship with a guy that sounds like he was also older. Sounds like a bad pattern on her part. She is immature and has some growing and healing to do. Plus the fact that she has parents that don't seem to have a clue if they don't care that their daughter gets involved with another older guy. This is bad news on a lot of levels.
    You are 19 going to college, she does not need to be your summer fling. Find someone your own age. She is too young and vulnerable for you.
    Tell her "you are a nice girl, but I dont think this is a good idea" and then leave her alone.
    burtyjim Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 22, 2008, 11:13 AM
    16 here is legal age I say if you like her just try it as for them changing not everyone does for example my older brother was 19 and was dating a girl who was 16 now my brother is 24 and she is 21 there are engaged and have a kid on the way so I say just try it you just never know what might happen
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 22, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by burtyjim
    16 here is legal age i say if you like her just try it as for them changing not everyone does for example my older brother was 19 and was dating a girl who was 16 now my brother is 24 and she is 21 there are engaged and have a kid on the way so i say just try it you just never know what might happen
    That's there in the UK, he is here in the US, in Michigan, that's illegal here. Your advice to "just go for it" isn't the best advice, sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Two things bother me about this. No one has a "relationship" after 48 hours. No one can be made ready for a new relationship after a bad one after 48 hours. I'm actually more worried about this girl's intentions then yours. I wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant and looking for a fall guy.

As for legal aspects of this the laws vary. In many places it would be illegal for you to have sex with her, in many places it wouldn't. But there is no place where it would be illegal for you to date her as long as sex wasn't involved.

The age gap between 16 and 19 is pretty wide but not insurmountable. You sound a little bit behind socially and she sounds way ahead.

So I'm going to say this. GO SLOW!! What you want to do is date her and see if a relationship develops. Do NOT have sex with her, especially if she initiates it. That would be another indication she's trying to trap you. If a relationship is going to develop it will develop over time, not after one date and not after 48 hours.

One last thing is don't sneak around. You say you went on one date already, did you meet somewhere or pick her up at her home? If you met some where, then the next date pick her up at her home. Show her parents that you are being up front in seeing her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does she really love me after almost 4 years? She's says she's reserved. [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry for the long story just been a long relationship. Im so confused I've now been with my well nearly 4 years. I met her when I was 24 and she was 18. Its been the perfect relationship. She is a university student and I sjustabout to finish up her degree and I think that's great. Ive been...

She left me for someone 5 years younger, I have OCD, ughh [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I posted a few weeks back about my break up having to do with the fact that I recently discovered that I have OCD. It caused me to constantly break every little thing down with my girlfriend, and question her beyond belied and never able to let small things go, pretty much I was insecure...

Can true love be found younger than 16 years of age? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age? Thanks :)

View more questions Search