Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricko Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 10:22 PM
    justcurious55, that is being very optimistic. I always hung on to those thoughts as well but through my experiences in my younger years and friends experiences,the result is USUALLY the same unfortunately, unless of course your relationship is in the 3% that do rekindle things. I hope things work out :)
    cweddy9 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Mate all situations are different and particularly the women involved. Same situation happened to me a while back, I was overseas when she decided this- she was supposed to come meet me in March and go travelling then move in when I got back in April... Its lifes curve balls.
    I know exactly what your going through-hell. You don't want to get up in the morning, you don't feel whole, nothing excites you, you don't want to eat, you can't get the girl out of your head. I know exactly! I was there, and still am in many ways. I came home to meet with my girl when she said it unexpectedly on the phone. I was home for 5 weeks, 3 of them was no contact which was really hard- hardest thing I went through but it does give you time to cool your heels a bit and take a step back. In the time I didn't speak to my girl I got a cracker of a new job which I start when I get back from this trip in 4 weeks, playing high level sport and worked out at the gym. Despite all of these don tbring them back you do have to take this advice and work on yourself.
    It doesn't matter if it s the girl or guy who broke up, there in a mind space where they want to do there own thing- grovelling will make it worse. They'll pity you and you don't want that. My mum said to me the other week to grow a back bone! Its true, even though you think she defines you, she doesn't really.
    I don't know your girl, I don't know what she's thinking, but take a step back for a while. To sound positive, in most situation the girls look for the grass is greener without effect. If hope will keep you going, keep that window of hope. Most people on this forum have been ed- either cheated on, or their girl rebounded very quickly. Now that's a completely different area which Im not experienced with.
    If she truly does want time to hereself respect it not only as a boy friend but best friend. You probably look at her and ask yourself-who is this person... well she's thinking the same of you by grovelling, she wasn't attracted to that bloke was she?
    My situation was pretty intense with me flying back, and the night before I left, and aafter a couple of weeks of hardly any contact, we had dinner and talked for a couple of hours. They still are the same person (the core of them), but sometimes people need to experience things now, she's actually doing you a favour- imagine down the isle, or with kids. Seriously if she comes back to you you will have her froever. Get your life sorted... With me, my girl is already starting to realise single circuit is rubbish, clubs aren't her thing and good guys are hard to come across. She said she loves me the other night and when she's with me she knows were perfect- but even she said, if she told me she wanted back in I would say no right now... Im no Gandhi, I don't have the answers, but at our age do some self discovery-its a cop out, but if your meant to be you will be. Go see the movie into the wild- relationships aren't the be all.
    I wish you luck brother, I know how hard it is- but don't lose your dignitity either.
    Now for me, Im in Paris the same time as the love of my life- fête? Yes... ill keep you posted
    cweddy9 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2008, 03:00 AM
    By the way- now I don't know if your girl said this or not but
    - if they ask for a break your in trouble. If they loved you they would nt stuff you around and be so selfish by having one hand on you and the other on single life.
    - if they ask for time- give it to them. No questions obviously, you can either turn into a stalker or do your 2 weeks of self pity and losing diginity in front of them, then getting on with things.
    I just had a 24 hour flight and thought about her the whole time!
    Every person is unique and they way you handle it is important. I think complete NC for me is a bad way to go. I feel for you mate but in a year you'll be laughing either with her, or someone else- or you might be enjoying time to yourself. Take it easy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

Girlfriend needs some space for herself [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are in a long distance relationships. As difficult as it is that we are apart from each other, we have been trying so hard to maintain our contact as often as possible. She has been very open with me about most of the things that are happening in her life. She has been honest...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search