Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    Maybe he could say LOL LOL LOL
    BEtter yet

R0TFLMAO and sh*t on Political correctness!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    BEtter yet

R0TFLMAO and sh*t on Political correctness!!
    The kids of today would probably love that!! We could have a RAP Santa
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
    It would be all right if he changed it to Hoe Hoe Hoe. Have a few beaches swingin their A$$E$ around the tree. That's OK.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:13 PM
    PC on garden implements?? This could spread!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Teacher asked a kid to name the garden implement in the picture.
    He couldn't. Didn't know what it was.
    Teacher tells him it's a Hoe.
    He says, "My sister is a Hoe and she don't look nuthin like that!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Christ Mag I nearly fell out of my chair laughing then , that's hilarious :-)
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Well, I guess we're not going to draw in any of those PC perfect people so now I'm bored again. Oh well, guess I'll point my laser at my neighbors forehead while he watches TV. That usually gets his wife in a tizzy.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
    LMAO... you guys, I tell you...
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
    So if this spreads would that mean we would now go HAME after work , or if we water the garden we have to use the Garden HASE??
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:34 PM
    So if this spreads would that mean we would now go HAME after work , or if we water the garden we have to use the Garden HASE ???
    Oh geeze... you make me laugh... ;)
    Ha ha ha... all the way hame...
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:36 PM
    This little piggy when wweeeeeeee all the way hame
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Now you have to RESPECT that po' pig!! IT CAN'T HELP IT THAT IT WEE WEE WEE'ed all the way home!! Cruel and heartless you are givin' that pig an inferiority complex... show some support and buy that darn pig some DEPENDS!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Oh goodness... oh gosh...
    Yes the piggies deserve some respect...
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
    You got to love Robin Williams... Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan... (Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, ''you want a piece of me?'"
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Makes too much sense for politicians that have the entire world in their sights.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Update from MSN website

Sydney Santas rebel against ho-ho no-no

Thursday Nov 15 06:00 AEDT
    By ninemsn staff

Sydney Santas have reportedly defied a request from a recruitment firm to replace "ho ho ho" with "ha ha ha".

Should Santas replace their "ho ho ho" with "ha ha ha"?

Two Santa trainees from Westaff, which supplies hundreds of men in red suits to Australian shopping centres, have quit over the politically correct new greeting, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Trainees were told the traditional phrase could scare children and be taken as derogatory to women.

"We ask our Santas to try techniques such as lowering their tone of voice and using 'ha ha ha' to encourage the children to come forward and meet Santa," Westaff's national Santa co-ordinator Sari Hegarty told the paper.

But Santas at department stores David Jones, Myers and the Westfield shopping centre chain will still use the customary greeting as part of their customers Christmas experience.

"Senior management (at Westaff) have assured us that Santas provided to David Jones have not been censored in any way," a David Jones spokeswoman told the Telegraph.

Julie Gale from Kids Free to 2B Kids said Santa should be left alone.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that 'ho ho ho' has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the paper.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:39 PM

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that 'ho ho ho' has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the paper.

They'd be shocked to know what many little kids know nowadays.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Ha Ha how true... pretty scary ay
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I agree... :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
    UPDATE

Santa 'ho ho ho' ban bemuses world
    Thursday Nov 15 12:00 AEDT
    By Phil Han and Shaun Davies
    Ninemsn

People around the world are bewildered that Australian Santas have been told not to say "ho ho ho".

News of an Aussie recruitment firm replacing "ho ho ho" with "ha ha ha" has travelled fast, with people in New Zealand, the UK and the US amazed at the "extreme" political correctness.

RELATED LINKS
    YOUR SAY: 'Ho ho ho' forbidden
    Santa Ernest, the president of charitable organisation Santa America, said he was puzzled and surprised that such a move would come from Australia.

"It's amazing to me that it would come from the wonderful land of Australia," said Santa Ernest, who visits children in hospitals year-round.

"Whether you say 'ha ha ha' or 'ho ho ho' doesn't really matter, as long as you bring (children) love, hope and joy."

Trainees from Westaff, which supplies hundreds of men in red suits to Australian shopping centres, were told the traditional phrase could scare children and be taken as derogatory to women.

"We ask our Santas to try techniques such as lowering their tone of voice and using 'ha ha ha' to encourage the children to come forward and meet Santa," Westaff's national Santa co-ordinator Sari Hegarty told the Daily Telegraph.

The revelations sparked a storm of blog postings, with many international writers bewildered at the campaign against Santa's "ho".

"Who else wants to destroy traditions and re-write history? Santa has always said 'ho, ho, ho'," wrote one blogger at New Zealand-based friedbrains.com.

"How can banning 'ho, ho, ho' possibly better our world — why would anyone even begin to think it would in the first place?"

Macquarie University linguistics professor Pam Peters said the idea of changing the phrase was ridiculous and inappropriate.

"How can it be scary for children if it's been there as long as anyone can remember?" Professor Peters said.

"It's the time-honoured thing that Santa says and if they change it, it's as if he's speaking another dialect."

Two Santa trainees have quit over the politically correct new greeting, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Santas at department stores David Jones, Myers and the Westfield shopping centre chain will still use the customary greeting as part of their customers Christmas experience.

"Senior management (at Westaff) have assured us that Santas provided to David Jones have not been censored in any way," a David Jones spokeswoman told the Telegraph.

Some ninemsn readers though agreed with Westaff's decision.

"Finally I can walk the streets without being harassed by morbidly obese men in red," CK from Sydney said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Decent English vs. Political Correctness [ 6 Answers ]

Today I heard the term "waitperson" used for someone who waits tables. I'm getting used to some of the Political Correct gender neutral terms, but this one sounded odd to me. If we nix waiter and waitress, shouldn't we nix actor and actress too? But then what? Actperson? I'm curious; Does...

Ignorant Anthropologists? Or Political Correctness? [ 15 Answers ]

I have great respect for the science of anthropology but recently I came across two representations which made me question both motives and the qualifications of those anthropologists who were involved. First, there was a documentary concerning the Taino Indians of the Caribbean. I began watching...

Is political correctness what it used to be? [ 5 Answers ]

Have we outgrown political correctness, or is it still with us? I get confusing readings from the media on this one. I remember that once upon a time, political correctness was being promoted because many people believe that removing hate speech from public dialogues woud keep the hate from...

Political limericks [ 9 Answers ]

Join in if you can do one better. All for Poo and giggles... This was written by imo at japantoday forum at limericks R us. There once was a president named bush Who flew by the seat of his tush About his vision, when queried He said, I have a great theory

Political correctness [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am curious as to why in this day and age when every word uttered publicly must be politically correct, (e.g. mailperson as opposed to mailman, and firefighter vis-à-vis fireman) first year college students are still called freshmen, as opposed to freshstudents, or freshpeople. Mark

View more questions Search