Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _abcd Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    So everything is ok now. Right?
    ... I haven't heard any words of reassurance. You are simply telling me to go to people to talk to when I have already said there's no one I can really talk to in person about it. Which is why I came to the forum, to maybe hear other people's words of advice/wisdom.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by _abcd
    there's no one I can really talk to in person about it
    There is no counselor at your college.

There is no town or city close by where counselors could be.

Is that correct?
    _abcd Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Ok...
    Talking to someone in person is not an option. I just need to someone on this forum to tell me that what I did was silly, and be sincere about it... and that we all have to learn from our mistakes in the past... I can't seem to find peace telling myself that.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by _abcd
    Seriously though, I don't think I need a professional. Maybe I just need some reassurance that I what I did wasn't wrong and people make mistakes and I just need to learn from it...I just need to hear someone say that. I'm so ashamed that it happened, but I know there's nothing I can do to take it back.
    Try not to look at it as a mistake.
    View it as a learning experience while experimenting...
    You tried it, it wasn't for you, you now know that it's not your sexual preference, other people have done the same stuff before, and some people have done a lot worse.
    You are only human and it was something you did while experimenting...
    Lots of people have... try to keep that in mind.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 13, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Maybe it would help if you stop entertaining these thougts, after all the greatest battle ever fought is in the mind.
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 14, 2007, 12:57 AM
    You can spend money on a therapist, but they'll tell you the same thing I'm about to: you're the only one who knows why you keep thinking about this incident. YOU will find the answer if you just think about it. Once you've figured out why you can't stop thinking about it, you'll probably know how to let go of the obsession.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
    American, that's not ALL therapists do. Some of us have a brain and problem-solving abilities and deductive reasoning and know how to use them to elicit whys and wherefores from the client himself. We don't just throw him to the wolves. We're in there, in the fray, fighting right alongside him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Abcd -- Here's how to begin to do this on your own: First, write down thoroughly, stream of consciousness style and not necessarily in any order, every single thing you can think of about the incident. Include as many details as you can (even of setting, clothing worn, time of day, etc.), remember your impressions from your five senses (what you heard, smelled, tasted, physically felt, saw), and then throw in your feelings about any part and all parts of what was happening.

Once you've done that (and keep this in a safe place), go back over it and revise it, add to it, delete from it, put it in better order.

It sounds like a school assignment and will take you a while, but there is a plan afoot.

Let me know when you have this finished.
    TIGAHWP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Let it go. Hand over your burden to God. Ask for His forgiveness. Let go and let God.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGAHWP View Post
    Let it go. Hand over your burden to God. Ask for His forgiveness. Let go and let God.
    This post is over a year old,I don't think the poster is going to respond to your answer.
    friendtohelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 11:12 AM
    I had similar experience with my friend and if you feel that taking to me will help please feel free to email me [email protected]
    Jdsnz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 08:07 AM
    Dear stranger, in response to your worry I can assure you that I completely understand. I guess this is just part of life. And those thought are simply there to remind us of the things we shouldn't be doing. We all have them, my best advice to you is to seek a friend you trust who can help you out when those thoughts come by. It is always going to be difficult since we cannot completely erase our memories, and if there was a method to I would hope to have known of it already, thus my life would be different. I as well as you have the same issue and it does take a toll in your life don't it? Look for different ways to keep your mind busy and away from the problem, get a hobby I don't know. But don't give up, and don't keep beating yourself up with a stick eighter bro. hope this helps you out a bit. I know writing this helped me out .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex [ 20 Answers ]

I'd been going out with my girl for 2months, then one day she just turned around and said that she ' couldn't be bothered'. This was about 2 weeks ago. I tried my hardest, and did nothing wrong to her. This was my first serious relationship. Ever since we split, all I can think about is her, and it...

I can't stop thinking about him [ 5 Answers ]

He's the first thought I have when I wake up. He lives in another town and he's working at a job 7 days a week for 12 hours a day. I never see him. And he wants to come see me but he hasn't called.:confused:

I can't stop thinking about her [ 10 Answers ]

OK so here it is( I'm sorry its so long but I could really use some help on it) There's this girl named katie whom I've never seen in person but I've been talking to for about 3 months(phone,chatting) I think, she was my cousins best friend up until she had to mave about 2-3 minutes away, but they...

Need to stop thinking. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been told that I think too much about things,weather it be anything to do with girls or work.. or every day things... once I start thinking about things I always start to think the worst... how do I overcum myself thinking to deep... :confused:

View more questions Search